Read 528 times

• CypherSoul
  • Veteran

• May 02, 2018, 07:51:18 am
    • Daegu, South Korea
    more
NEIS certificate?
« on: March 19, 2019, 11:57:04 am »
So my computer was wiped in the holidays and I may have possibly missed the email which said to save the certificate   :cheesy:. Now I am terrible with NEIS, so can someone tell me how I get the certificate to log in to it again?

My co-teacher doesn't know how either! Do I email the education office? Or...?
Slay My Life! Walk boo boo walk! Cat Walk for me boo boo! This isn't cat walking, this is a hyena walking! Lion walking! Tiger walking! Leopard walking! Enter my Queen!

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 31, 2016, 07:13:57 pm
    • NZ
Re: NEIS certificate?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2019, 12:09:32 pm »
So my computer was wiped in the holidays and I may have possibly missed the email which said to save the certificate   :cheesy:. Now I am terrible with NEIS, so can someone tell me how I get the certificate to log in to it again?

My co-teacher doesn't know how either! Do I email the education office? Or...?

Get them to call the education office. Just forgetting your password is enough for your co-T to need to call the education office haha (I learnt that my first week here haha). Needed a complicated password for NEIS, and I lost the piece of paper with my password on it haha.

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2019, 12:27:44 pm »
My co-teacher doesn't know how either!

Did your CT also lose the certificate? Unless you do everything yourself on NEIS your CT should have it somewhere on their computer. They need to have access  as well.

If it's for sure gone you don't need to call the Ed. Office, your school will have an IT/Science teacher in charge of this kind of thing. Your CT should find the 나이스 담당자 from the 정보부 and they can sort out a new certificate for you.

The exact person in charge varies from school to school but your CT should be able to figure it out.

• Nokcha
  • Super Waygook

• August 22, 2012, 02:37:27 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2019, 01:19:25 pm »
There is a teacher, or teachers depending on how big your school is, that manage the NEIS program. They will get your certificate for you. That your co-teacher doesn't know is somewhat fishy. Either, they are brand new to the school and teaching, or something else is up.

• CypherSoul
  • Veteran

• May 02, 2018, 07:51:18 am
    • Daegu, South Korea
    more
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2019, 01:42:40 pm »
There is a teacher, or teachers depending on how big your school is, that manage the NEIS program. They will get your certificate for you. That your co-teacher doesn't know is somewhat fishy. Either, they are brand new to the school and teaching, or something else is up.

Co-teachers knows. I think the co probably doesn't want to deal with my problems!  :laugh:
Slay My Life! Walk boo boo walk! Cat Walk for me boo boo! This isn't cat walking, this is a hyena walking! Lion walking! Tiger walking! Leopard walking! Enter my Queen!

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2019, 01:45:44 pm »

Did your CT also lose the certificate? Unless you do everything yourself on NEIS your CT should have it somewhere on their computer. They need to have access  as well.

Ummm. I strongly disagree with this. Your coteacher should never have access to your NEIS cert and password. Cert alone, maybe? As a backup, but not your password, too. If they have access to both of those, they can literally log into your NEIS. This gives them access to basically everything there is, not to mention they can potentially enter things in for vacation, sick leave, etc, without your permission or without confirming with you first.

If they have access to your NEIS account and make entries for you, there's a very good chance they might enter something that you haven't personally confirmed.

Seriously. Don't give anyone access to your NEIS.

• Colburnnn
  • Adventurer

• August 10, 2015, 05:52:37 pm
    • South Korea
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2019, 02:14:32 pm »

Ummm. I strongly disagree with this. Your coteacher should never have access to your NEIS cert and password. Cert alone, maybe? As a backup, but not your password, too. If they have access to both of those, they can literally log into your NEIS. This gives them access to basically everything there is, not to mention they can potentially enter things in for vacation, sick leave, etc, without your permission or without confirming with you first.

If they have access to your NEIS account and make entries for you, there's a very good chance they might enter something that you haven't personally confirmed.

From my first day to now. 2 1/2 years. I have never entered anything into NEIS.

I was never told about it or given any kind of login information.

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 31, 2016, 07:13:57 pm
    • NZ
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2019, 02:19:39 pm »

From my first day to now. 2 1/2 years. I have never entered anything into NEIS.

I was never told about it or given any kind of login information.

My first year was like that. Never had even heard of it, when I changed to my new school, they do EVERYTHING through it.
I can't even go to the bathroom without having to log it into NEIS :P

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2019, 02:20:24 pm »
Been here for five years.  I've never even seen it let alone logged into it  :laugh:

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2019, 02:21:10 pm »

Well, ok. Maybe that makes sense for teachers like yourself who can navigate NEIS efficiently, but most new (and some old) GETs don't have the inclination (or the Korean ability) to do it on their own so CTs usually do it all for them. I've even heard complaints from some FOB foreigners that their CTs expect them to know how to use NEIS despite only having been in Korea a couple of months.

Whether you agree with it or not, it seems to be the case that most CTs have access to the GET's NEIS.

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2019, 02:34:11 pm »

Well, ok. Maybe that makes sense for teachers like yourself who can navigate NEIS efficiently, but most new (and some old) GETs don't have the inclination (or the Korean ability) to do it on their own so CTs usually do it all for them. I've even heard complaints from some FOB foreigners that their CTs expect them to know how to use NEIS despite only having been in Korea a couple of months.

Whether you agree with it or not, it seems to be the case that most CTs have access to the GET's NEIS.

No, I know. And despite the fact that I'm decent at Korean, I still get my manager to double check everything before I entire it. Or, before I could do that, I would get him or her to enter it while I was at my computer and watching, so I could make sure they were entering everything under the right categories. Because sometimes you'll get people who don't know what they're doing entering things under the wrong type of leave, and then you end up getting issues with your remaining holidays, etc etc.

So yeah. As soon as you can get your certificate, you shouldn't let anyone else know the password. When things need to be entered on NEIS, you should ALWAYS be aware of it, and better yet, watching or doing it yourself.

• OnNut81
  • Expert Waygook

• April 01, 2011, 03:01:41 pm
    • Anyang
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2019, 07:42:49 am »
Into my ninth year of public school and I have personally never logged onto NEIS.  Last year was the first time my co-teacher mentioned it in regards to ranking each other and the first time I heard my score from the parents and students.  I had never asked or been curious.  My co kept my password on a post it on her computer because when she first asked me to log in I had no clue as to what my password was. 

• hangook77
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 14, 2017, 09:10:12 am
    • Near Busan
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2019, 08:12:28 am »
Still never had to use this.