Read 1572 times

• AvecPommesFrites
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 04, 2017, 02:19:33 pm
    • Incheon International Airport Immigration Office Detention Facility
The door of my classroom has a handle on it.

Every time a kid or teacher tries to open it it takes them at least 2 attempts.

What is going on?

Soggy undergarments

• Kayos
  • The Legend

• March 31, 2016, 07:13:57 pm
    • NZ

What is going on?

At my main school, the door to the English room is a sliding door with a handle but, the door often gets stuck on something that is somewhere in the sliding part, so can sometimes take a few tries to get it moving haha.

What is going on?

is this one of them lateral thinking puzzles?

erm...

because the handle in question, is a half-gallon handle of vodka, and they can't manage it in one go?

do i win a prize?

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
Door are difficult.  :sad:

In my Thursday/Friday school, I have an English room all to myself (yay!). Unfortunately, the doors lock. This is unfortunate because I'm too lazy to go down to the main office and grab the door keys every morning, so instead, I stole them from the office, and attached them to my key-ring.
   The problem is, I don't always drive to work (as this branch school is the one closest to my home, and takes only half an hour or so by bus), and therefor, don't always bring my keys with me. This means that I can't unlock my classroom.
  This used to be no problem, as my room has two entrances, and I would just lock up the one with the obvious padlock, but leave the other one sneakily unlocked, so that I could go in that way. Of course, this year, there's another NET who comes to the school on Wednesday, and he's obviously a keener, and is careful to lock all the doors when he leaves. So now I have to keep one of those high up sliding window that look out into the hallway unlocked and climb in through there every other week. >:(
    Oh well. Keeps me limber, I guess!

• OnNut81
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• April 01, 2011, 03:01:41 pm
    • Anyang
Door are difficult.  :sad:

In my Thursday/Friday school, I have an English room all to myself (yay!). Unfortunately, the doors lock. This is unfortunate because I'm too lazy to go down to the main office and grab the door keys every morning, so instead, I stole them from the office, and attached them to my key-ring.
   The problem is, I don't always drive to work (as this branch school is the one closest to my home, and takes only half an hour or so by bus), and therefor, don't always bring my keys with me. This means that I can't unlock my classroom.
  This used to be no problem, as my room has two entrances, and I would just lock up the one with the obvious padlock, but leave the other one sneakily unlocked, so that I could go in that way. Of course, this year, there's another NET who comes to the school on Wednesday, and he's obviously a keener, and is careful to lock all the doors when he leaves. So now I have to keep one of those high up sliding window that look out into the hallway unlocked and climb in through there every other week. >:(

So, if you stole the only set of keys and the other NET is a Keener how does he get in the class without a set of keys?  Presumably as a keener he would inform someone that he has no way to open the padlock.  Just seems to be conscientious and hardly deserving of "I've retaliated by changing the computer pass-code to a random assortment of numbers, letters, and punctuation 21 characters long, and by hiding all the good board markers where he'll never find them."  Seems a bit harsh for a guy that is merely locking up when the day is done. 

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• Gyeongsangbuk-do
Doors are difficult.  :sad:

So, if you stole the only set of keys and the other NET is a Keener how does he get in the class without a set of keys?  Presumably as a keener he would inform someone that he has no way to open the padlock.  Just seems to be conscientious and hardly deserving of "I've retaliated by changing the computer pass-code to a random assortment of numbers, letters, and punctuation 21 characters long, and by hiding all the good board markers where he'll never find them."  Seems a bit harsh for a guy that is merely locking up when the day is done.
Oh no, I would never steal the only copy. That's serious level maliciousness! No, no: there are 2 or 3 copies of the keys, at least. But my class is on the 4th floor, and the office (where the keys are kept) is waaaaaayyyyyy down the hall on the first. Soooo much walking.  :sad:
And haven't you heard? No good deed goes unpunished.

Honestly, if I bring my own markers to my schools, chances are he does too. And if not, well, then he'll have to deal with infuriatingly-almost-but-not-quite-good-enough markers. Or, you know, walk down the hall to the supply room (which I left directions to on a note on my -- *our* -- desk) and get some new ones. That's the price one pays for being a favourite-class-stealing interloper.  >:(  :wink:
« Last Edit: March 18, 2019, 04:53:11 pm by kyndo »

I got my school to make me a personal copy that I could keep on me since all of the KTs have their own copies for their own offices and classrooms.

But I also made sure to ask an older coT who I knew would oblige me, just in case there was a special rule about not letting the NET have a personal key.

• VanIslander
  • Moderator LVL 1

• June 02, 2011, 10:12:19 am
    • Seogwipo, Jeju Island
    more
"Why are people incapable of closing windows when the air con is on?"

(Summer is coming.)

• JNM
  • The Legend

• January 19, 2015, 10:16:48 am
    • Cairo, Egypt (formerly Seoul)
Me: [Pulls on door that fails to open]
Helpful person: It’s a “push”
Me: Thanks. I was going to try “lift” next.

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• Gyeongsangbuk-do
Me: [Pulls on door that fails to open]
Helpful person: It’s a “push”
Me: Thanks. I was going to try “lift” next.
:laugh:

I too had trouble with using door handles the first time. Fortunately the kitchen door had handles that push down and swing inward. As my species is rather intelligent, I was able to use them every time thereafter. I wasn't having any problem with them until the UNIX system was back online and the door locks were activated.

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• Gyeongsangbuk-do
I too had trouble with using door handles the first time. Fortunately the kitchen door had handles that push down and swing inward. As my species is rather intelligent, I was able to use them every time thereafter. I wasn't having any problem with them until the UNIX system was back online and the door locks were activated.
No more escaping your cage and raiding the laboratory kitchens for you now, eh?  :wink:

• AvecPommesFrites
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 04, 2017, 02:19:33 pm
    • Incheon International Airport Immigration Office Detention Facility
Life sure is hard in Korea. Hang in there everyone.

Nice to see wholesome people here in times of need. Ty
Soggy undergarments

• JVPrice
  • Expert Waygook

• August 29, 2017, 10:26:13 am
    • Gimhae, South Korea
Some of these places can be confusing. On my way to the bus stop, there's a building I usually like to pass through. It has one of those glass doors with the locking mechanism. It used to open both ways but now it only opens if you push/pull it towards the inside. I guess in some cases since these doors CAN open both ways, there's no telling which way it'll go to begin with.
The World Ends With You

No more escaping your cage and raiding the laboratory kitchens for you now, eh?  :wink:

It's okay. I crashed through the window and got out into the longgrass. Had a nice picnic lunch there too.

It has one of those glass doors with the locking mechanism.
This is because of all the times I said we need locking mechanisms on the doors.