Read 1683 times

• L I
  • The Legend

• October 03, 2011, 01:50:58 pm
    • Seoul
Re: Did US politics make a hard turn right or...
« Reply #60 on: March 17, 2019, 05:14:17 pm »
What is wrong with being one who loves his/her country, while at the same time, being white? 

Surely, you would not call someone a "black nationalist" or a "Korean nationalist".

I would and have.

Called your pal a white nationalist because he referred to Trump as the great white hope.

• waygo0k
  • The Legend

• September 27, 2011, 11:51:01 am
    • Chungnam
« Reply #61 on: March 17, 2019, 05:22:31 pm »
I can feel myself getting a brain aneurysm in the near future.

Iím going to reference your own links.

Exhibit A (conveniently left out) WaPo

Nonwhite officers were significantly more likely to kill nonwhite citizens, especially Latinos: 33.7 percent of the people killed by nonwhite officers were African American, and 32.6 percent were Latino. This disparity is probably driven by urban police departmentsí efforts to deploy nonwhite officers in nonwhite neighborhoods.

Exhibit B WaPo

Our findings join other scholarship, including research on stop-and-frisk and ďdriving while black,Ē that suggest that racially disproportionate killings by police are the result of institutional approaches to policing rather than individual racist police officers.

In other words, a major reason that young black men are disproportionately likely to be killed by police is because police are disproportionately likely to come into contact with young black men. Reducing these deaths may require different approaches to policing in the United State

What has WaygoOk been saying these last 4 years? Thank you for proving my point.

Your second article...which is essentially summarising the same data set from the first...

"We believe that the disproportionate killing of black suspects is a downstream effect of institutionalized racism ... within many police departments," they write. At least in part, "disproportionate killing is a function of disproportionate police contact among members of the African-American community."

In other words, if a certain percentage of such encounters between the police and public end in tragedy, and cops are more likely to come into contact with black citizens (for instance, ordering African-American drivers to pull over at higher rates than whites), it stands to reason that black civilians are at greater risk of ending up dead.

I donít know how many times I have to talk about institutionalised racism...but there it is, in the articles youíve posted out of your own volition.

But hey, I get it...technically itís not the white officers that are being racist...riiiiight? To which I would point out the flaws of the research, which the authors have already done for themselves (2-4 year data set to start off with)...but then youíll just move the goal posts again.

Try harder.

« Reply #62 on: March 17, 2019, 05:25:27 pm »
Yes, so as I said, if you believe white cops disproportionately kill black people in the US, you'd be wrong and probably racist. No goal posts moved.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 05:31:34 pm by eggieguffer »

• waygo0k
  • The Legend

• Chungnam
« Reply #63 on: March 17, 2019, 05:36:05 pm »
And Iíd say the research you completed is incomplete.

Who in their right mind would look at 2-4 years of police shootings, where even the authors stated the data is flawed due to multiple factors....would reach the final and absolute conclusion that white police officers do not disproportionately kill black people in the US?

And then going by your own (dumb and flawed) wording...

Most people killed by police were white. In 2014 and 2015, white people made up about 62 percent of the U.S. population and are underrepresented in this group. Meanwhile, blacks made up 17.9 percent of the country and are dramatically overrepresented.

We found that 59.2 percent of people killed by white police officers were white; 28.2 percent of people killed by white officers were African American.

That is if I wanted to stupidly assess the data set using the way you think and speak.

Do I have to draw pretty pictures for you to be able to understand what is going on?

« Reply #64 on: March 17, 2019, 05:40:56 pm »
And Iíd say the research you completed is incomplete.

Who in their right mind would look at 2-4 years of police shootings, where even the authors stated the data is flawed due to multiple factors....would reach the final and absolute conclusion that white police officers do not disproportionately kill black people in the US?

And then going by your own (dumb and flawed) wording...

Most people killed by police were white. In 2014 and 2015, white people made up about 62 percent of the U.S. population and are underrepresented in this group. Meanwhile, blacks made up 17.9 percent of the country and are dramatically overrepresented.

We found that 59.2 percent of people killed by white police officers were white; 28.2 percent of people killed by white officers were African American.

That is if I wanted to stupidly assess the data set using the way you think and speak.

Do I have to draw pretty pictures for you to be able to understand what is going on?

OK let's see your established and credible research information that shows white police officers do kill black people disproportionately.

• waygo0k
  • The Legend

• Chungnam
« Reply #65 on: March 17, 2019, 05:56:06 pm »
Goodness...

Buzzword:institutionalised racism
Buzz phrase: over-policing of black Americans due to institutionalised racism
Dataset: missing, incomplete, at times non-existent due to police practices and policy
Interesting fact: minority neighbourhoods often policed by minority officers, which often means more contact between minority citizens and minority officers
Common conclusions: over-policing due to institutionalised racism often leads to disproportional injuries and deaths of black Americans.

Eggie: show me the data set that demonstrates white officers disproportionately kill black Americans...even though my own article says itís not possible to do so, while clearly pointing out the role institutional racism plays in all this.

Again, do I have to draw pretty pictures?

« Reply #66 on: March 17, 2019, 06:01:26 pm »
Goodness...

Buzzword:institutionalised racism
Buzz phrase: over-policing of black Americans due to institutionalised racism
Dataset: missing, incomplete, at times non-existent due to police practices and policy
Interesting fact: minority neighbourhoods often policed by minority officers, which often means more contact between minority citizens and minority officers
Common conclusions: over-policing due to institutionalised racism often leads to disproportional injuries and deaths of black Americans.

Eggie: show me the data set that demonstrates white officers disproportionately kill black Americans...even though my own article says itís not possible to do so, while clearly pointing out the role institutional racism plays in all this.

Again, do I have to draw pretty pictures?

No, I'll just repeat your own words back to you with a slight alteration

Do you believe certain things about X people who donít look like you even though no established and credible research information has been provided to you that proves it...yet you insist on believing these things? Yep...racist.

• SanderB
  • Super Waygook

• June 02, 2018, 06:25:54 pm
    • Burning Oil Be Best
« Reply #67 on: March 17, 2019, 06:03:31 pm »
This thread is teaching me that I must simply shutdown any weird fascist kids in my classes, there's always 1 silly brexit, anti-immigration, anti-shengen kid with child-like simplistic solutions to incredibly complicated issues idiotically promoted feverishly by middle-aged sour and bitter Kekistani. These old geezers here spouting the same oblivious rhetoric is truly indicative of the downfall of Western civilisation, very much so reminiscent of the final days of the Roman Empire.

Their overall abilities are just too low for any effective problem solving.

Fiat voluntas tua- What you want is allowed

• waygo0k
  • The Legend

• Chungnam
« Reply #68 on: March 17, 2019, 06:13:14 pm »

Do you believe certain things about X people who donít look like you even though no established and credible research information has been provided to you that proves it...yet you insist on believing these things? Yep...racist.

So me saying police disproportionately target and kill black Americans due to institutionalised racism...means Iím ONLY referring to white police officers?

Not only that, you then share research that proves exactly what Iíve been saying for years, but want to twist it to your simplistic view on the matter.

I should be asking if youíre really this dense, but youíve already answered it.

« Reply #69 on: March 17, 2019, 06:17:03 pm »

So me saying police disproportionately target and kill black Americans due to institutionalised racism...means Iím ONLY referring to white police officers?

Not only that, you then share research that proves exactly what Iíve been saying for years, but want to twist it to your simplistic view on the matter.

I should be asking if youíre really this dense, but youíve already answered it.

Fine, if you don't believe white police officers disproportionately kill black people without any evidence,, you're not a racist. My original comment was about people who do believe this.

• annataleen
  • Moderator LVL 1

• May 02, 2014, 01:27:07 pm
    • Incheon
« Reply #70 on: March 17, 2019, 06:54:52 pm »
This thread has been reported enough for me to justify locking it.

Plus itís way off topic.