Read 1936 times

• CO2
  • The Legend

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Gunpo
    more
Re: Stop being a cheapskate- Pay for unlimited data
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2019, 12:53:00 pm »
Unlimited data isn't actually unlimited.

It's actually capped at 15GB at LTE speeds and then 3G till the end of the cycle till the month begins.

Well, technically it's still unlimited lol...but not unlimited LTE. So imagine trying to update a 1-2GB app on 3G speeds.

I'm guessing 100k is for the price of the phone as well. I've been using the same phone for 4yrs and only pay for the uncapped mobile data every month, 55k.

There's a time in life when it's somewhat charming to mooch and be cheap and those are your teenage and student years.

A grown ass adult should never have to:

- Borrow DIY tools
- Borrow cookware
- Rely on free wi-fi
- Borrow clothes
- Rely on the ancient ActiveX riddled, malware plagued, piece of sh*t, dustboxes found in schools to do your work... Invest in
  a reliable and light laptop to take to and from work. Double it up with your phone's hotspot for a perpetual internet 
  connection.

Aren't willing to do that? Go join the Talk programme.
The joys of fauxtherhood

« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2019, 12:59:13 pm »
I neither own a suit nor any tools.  I think I might have a screwdriver and a small wrench lying around somewhere.

Where did my life go wrong?  :cry:

• zola
  • The Legend

• September 30, 2012, 06:56:11 am
    • Korea
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2019, 01:03:55 pm »
I neither own a suit nor any tools.  I think I might have a screwdriver and a small wrench lying around somewhere.

Don't have a skill saw? Fuckin loser. Get with the program.
Kpip! - Martin 2018

• Aristocrat
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• November 10, 2014, 01:04:27 pm
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2019, 01:08:14 pm »

Maybe when you decided to read the word "borrow" as "own"?

« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2019, 01:26:55 pm »

Haha what?!  If I have to borrow tools then that means I don't own any.

« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2019, 01:37:06 pm »

You have to buy them or hire someone to do simple tasks for you. Obviously!  :angel:

« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2019, 01:37:31 pm »

It's actually capped at 15GB at LTE speeds and then 3G till the end of the cycle till the month begins.

Well, technically it's still unlimited lol...but not unlimited LTE. So imagine trying to update a 1-2GB app on 3G speeds.

Depends on your carrier/plan... for example, mine is 16 GB LTE per month, then (once that is used) 2 GB LTE per day, then (once that is used up each day) unlimited 3G. I've been known on occasion to blow through the 16 GB LTE... but I don't think I've ever blown through the 2 GB of LTE given per day thereafter.

• Aristocrat
  • Hero of Waygookistan

« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2019, 01:40:48 pm »

- Borrow DIY tools
- Borrow cookware
- Rely on free wi-fi
- Borrow clothes

[/quote]

I never said there's anything wrong with not owning something, unlimited data included, but mooching off others for the things you're too cheap to buy or pay for is a pretty pathetic way to live as an adult. You read the word "borrowed" in my original post as "owned" and therefore twisted my whole argument to line up with your little agenda. What makes things worse, is that I have to explain this to you.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 04:19:05 pm by kyndo »

• zola
  • The Legend

• Korea
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2019, 01:52:23 pm »
In 6 years of living here I've used screwdrivers (which I own. phew!), a hammer (it was in the apartment when we moved in) and once, a power drill. I'm sorry to tell you this, but I borrowed the power drill from my brother in law. I thought investing anywhere from 60-250,000 won in a power drill that would be used once, wasn't a wise choice. I've now learned that was irresponsible and childish of me. I'm sorry. I'll call the TALK program coordinator tomorrow,
Kpip! - Martin 2018

« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2019, 01:52:59 pm »

- Borrow DIY tools
- Borrow cookware
- Rely on free wi-fi
- Borrow clothes

I never said there's anything wrong with not owning something, unlimited data included, but mooching off others for the things you're too cheap to buy or pay for is a pretty pathetic way to live as an adult. You read the word "borrowed" in my original post as "owned" and therefore twisted my whole argument to line up with your little agenda. What makes things worse, is that I have to explain this to you.

... You're not terribly bright, are you?

Ok crossed wires, fair enough.  I assumed that having to borrow = not owning which I thought was the point you were making.

Little bit overboard in your responses I think but ok.

• Aristocrat
  • Hero of Waygookistan

« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2019, 02:05:27 pm »

- Borrow DIY tools
- Borrow cookware
- Rely on free wi-fi
- Borrow clothes

... You're not terribly bright, are you?

Ok crossed wires, fair enough.  I assumed that having to borrow = not owning which I thought was the point you were making.

Little bit overboard in your responses I think but ok.

If you admit the mistake, then I was wrong in my assumption as well. Apologies for going overboard. We're good.

• Aristocrat
  • Hero of Waygookistan

« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2019, 02:06:38 pm »
In 6 years of living here I've used screwdrivers (which I own. phew!), a hammer (it was in the apartment when we moved in) and once, a power drill. I'm sorry to tell you this, but I borrowed the power drill from my brother in law. I thought investing anywhere from 60-250,000 won in a power drill that would be used once, wasn't a wise choice. I've now learned that was irresponsible and childish of me. I'm sorry. I'll call the TALK program coordinator tomorrow,

Cool story

« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2019, 02:30:10 pm »

I can go one better than that. When I moved into my current place, my father in law came round with his power drill and put up the curtains in my living room and bedroom himself, because I didn't know how to. 

Steelrails is going apoplectic and the TALK coordinator is banging on my door as I write, begging me to join.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 02:47:37 pm by eggieguffer »

• zola
  • The Legend

• Korea
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2019, 02:43:33 pm »

Cool story

Hey don't get pissy at me. You're the one with all these weird codes of what constitutes adulthood. You were also the guy who was handing out fashion advice and moisturizing tips. And that's all good. Just don't act surprised or snippy when someone thinks it's.....funny.
Kpip! - Martin 2018

• waygo0k
  • The Legend

• September 27, 2011, 11:51:01 am
    • Chungnam
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2019, 03:03:44 pm »

Depends on your carrier/plan... for example, mine is 16 GB LTE per month, then (once that is used) 2 GB LTE per day, then (once that is used up each day) unlimited 3G. I've been known on occasion to blow through the 16 GB LTE... but I don't think I've ever blown through the 2 GB of LTE given per day thereafter.

Your deal is much better then mine! Then again, I havenít changed mine since 2015-ish...provider is probably milking me for my ignorance.

• LIC
  • Veteran

• February 15, 2019, 04:39:00 pm
    • NE Hemisphere
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2019, 04:23:43 pm »
Why do people need to be wired in 24/7? What are you missing? Why do you feel so important?

Precious little makes me shake my head in disgust more than seeing a group of people out for an evening and all sitting around with their eyes glued to their phones ignoring each other.

• kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2019, 04:23:54 pm »
   I once had to unlock a bike, and I didn't have a key for the chain. I knew that my school kept one of those giant bolt cutters in their tool shed so I grabbed that without permission, went out, cut the chain, and then returned it.

Does that count as borrowing, or is temporary theft more ok for adults? Psst! Anybody want to buy a nice almost-new bike?

• Aristocrat
  • Hero of Waygookistan

« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2019, 06:31:38 pm »

Cool story

Hey don't get pissy at me. You're the one with all these weird codes of what constitutes adulthood. You were also the guy who was handing out fashion advice and moisturizing tips. And that's all good. Just don't act surprised or snippy when someone thinks it's.....funny.

It sounds like you're leaning more towards anger than amusement. Nobody said you couldn't disagree. What I said is supposed to be a general guideline and more towards people making a habit out of borrowing (probably should've said that, so my bad), if you're going to sort through the limits of possibility to find particular situations that justify borrowing tools then congratulations, you're a big boy.
End of the day, you really don't have to listen to me.

« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2019, 07:58:33 am »
I understand not having tools the first few years you're here and asking to borrow if you're only here for a year, especially if there's a friend you know down the hall or block.

If you've been here long-term and you're going 15 stops away to borrow a screwdriver from a friend because you're too cheap to buy one, that's just awful, not to mention terrible cost-benefit analysis.

Bumming wi-fi is a symptom of a broader "bum" culture that has started to infest people.

I should add an addendum- If you are naturally "low use", I understand a cheaper wi-fi plan. If you don't bum wi-fi and just don't use a lot of data, why pay more? If you naturally only use like 12gb/month, that's fine. I tether a lot at work, so I go through 60gb a month sometimes.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 08:19:32 am by Mr.DeMartino »

• OnNut81
  • Expert Waygook

• April 01, 2011, 03:01:41 pm
    • Anyang
« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2019, 08:22:10 am »
DeMartino: Bumming wi-fi is a symptom of a broader "bum" culture that has started to infest people.

Ok, examples?  You started this post so instead of your usual lashing out about something, back it up.  This isn't the ranting thread.  You were not responding to a post of someone saying "I hate paying for data, give me more wifi."  You came on here and started a thread about something where there is no evidence of people committing this offence. In all my years here, I've never met a working employee who didn't have the normal generous data plan. 
Of course, I've never met a person who posts like Demartino.  I know, I know, your typing skills allow you to knock out posts in a blink of an eye and you have a job that allows you to be on the internet all the time.  Psst, join a gym if that's true.