Read 5258 times

Re: Your Go-To Breakfast
« Reply #60 on: March 20, 2019, 09:38:03 am »
Seriously, these are pancakes, bacon, and eggs. All of the ingredients involved are relatively cheap and plentiful. Also, they are rather simple to prepare.

The second some Kimbap joint realizes it could sell the same breakfast for 8000 won and still make a profit, will be the day some kimbap joint's owner gets rich.

The only thing I could possibly see pushing breakfast to $10 MAX is rent in Itaewon. That's about it. The prices at the Pancake House are just "We can charge this and idiots will pay", which good for them, but if I want pancakes and B&E, I'll just cook at home where I can get ALL the bacon and eggs for far far cheaper.

• alexisalex
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 02, 2014, 05:10:24 pm
« Reply #61 on: March 20, 2019, 10:02:46 am »
I usually don't mind paying a premium for stuff I know is cheap to make if the place is nice.

For example I love going to nice coffee shops where the coffee might be 8,000.  I'm happy to pay it if it means sitting in a nice, quiet place with a good atmosphere.

« Reply #62 on: March 20, 2019, 10:21:18 am »
I usually don't mind paying a premium for stuff I know is cheap to make if the place is nice.

For example I love going to nice coffee shops where the coffee might be 8,000.  I'm happy to pay it if it means sitting in a nice, quiet place with a good atmosphere.

That better be some damn good coffee or one amazing atmosphere. I'm the last person to be a skinflint, but I'm not about to get ripped off.

But what is it, 12 bucks for bacon and eggs? Without hash browns and toast? That's an awfully tough sell. I suppose if the place turned into the equivalent of Denny's back home at 3AM and you get to see a good fight or two break out it might be worth it.

• tylerthegloob
  • The Legend

• September 28, 2016, 10:46:24 am
    • Busan
    more
« Reply #63 on: March 20, 2019, 12:44:42 pm »

That better be some damn good coffee or one amazing atmosphere. I'm the last person to be a skinflint, but I'm not about to get ripped off.

But what is it, 12 bucks for bacon and eggs? Without hash browns and toast? That's an awfully tough sell. I suppose if the place turned into the equivalent of Denny's back home at 3AM and you get to see a good fight or two break out it might be worth it.

Mr. "You're cheap if you don't pay for unlimited wi-fi, but you're a fool if you pay a little extra for a good atmosphere (unless there's a fight)" DeMartino
more gg more skill