Read 1725 times

• gagevt
  • Moderator - LVL 3

• August 24, 2013, 01:55:38 pm
    • Gyeongbuk
    more
Lesson 1: My Happy Everyday Life
« on: March 08, 2019, 03:28:43 pm »
This is a thread for any lesson material for 동아출판 Middle School English 2 Lesson 1: My Happy Everyday Life. Please share your contributions here. Be sure to explain exactly what you are posting and please do not post multi-level materials in this thread. Also, any review lessons or materials should be posted in the review section for this grade. If you can't find what you're looking for here, check out the older edition of the book for similar materials. Best of luck in your lesson planning!
"The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword."

Re: Lesson 1: My Happy Everyday Life
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2019, 12:27:57 pm »
This is something I put together from a few different powerpoint presentations I had, and stuff I found on Waygook.

- Starts with a video warm-up, followed by some questions and running through the video quickly.
- Then introduces the the Key expressions, and a quick practice session.
- Book work time on page 12 and 13.
- Finishing off with an evolution game.

Hope it helps!

I found that this link

http://waygook.org/index.php?topic=68995.0.html

had some useful stuff, with similar key expressions. I am sure other books would have similar key expressions too.

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2019, 10:16:33 am »
Here is a brief introduction of some new words, and a great final fantasty bomb game. Thanks to the original creator of the template. I made all the questions and added in the pictures. Should be very fun.

• kikiseo
  • Newgookin

• August 29, 2018, 08:40:42 am
    • 군산시
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2019, 11:21:22 am »
Here's a simple PPT and worksheet focusing on the dialog on page 12, part B. It includes a fill-in-the-blank section where they write their own version of the conversation, and an interview activity that gets them talking to their friends about what they personally like to do.

When they're done with the interview bit, call out random students' names and ask the class what that student usually does in their free time. Alternatively, call on a student and ask them to tell the class about one or two of their friends.

The students at my school are pretty advanced, at least compared to those at my other school. They get bored easily with book work and with many games, so I have to keep it simple and just focus on getting them to use the key phrases for real wherever possible, in ways that are relevant to them. This lesson went well!  :azn:

• josieb93
  • Adventurer

• August 29, 2018, 03:11:06 pm
    • Gumi
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2019, 12:18:59 am »
This material is just taking inspiration from the key phrases in the textbook. All of this material is an amalgamation from other waygookers posts.

There are two different lessons here.

The first focusing on the key phrases
-"What do you usually do in your free time?"  and
-" I usually..."
There is a corresponding game and speaking activity.
The second lesson is on
"what kind of __________ do you _______ to?" and
 "I listen to _____ ____."
This also has a speaking activity and a crossword.
Thanks, everyone!
« Last Edit: March 27, 2019, 03:30:35 pm by josieb93 »

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2019, 12:27:29 pm »
Thanks for sharing the lesson! These look great!

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2019, 01:57:43 pm »
i read through these lessons plans so honestly mine isn't anything spectacular.

week 1: go over the expression and follow the PPT. If there's like...15min left I'll have partners write 1 short dialog using the expression and we go through a quick presentation. We also open the book and do pg 12 and 13 (or as much as we can).

week 2: students fill out the bottom part of the 1st worksheet and show me what they do in their free time. Then we write a quick "speech" about it, I show them my example (on the PPT) and they follow that exact format.
I also then show them how we can use words like "especially, usually, free time" in a natural conversation.'

week 3: so im still figuring how i'm going to do this...but basically we are going to do a "class survey" and do a bigger pie chart for the whole class' usual free time activity. i might just have all the different topics on the board, and students just come up and write their name and the kind of activity they like doing best. then we'll make it into a pie chart.
i purposefully do this so that students can get up, write on the board (who doesnt like doing that :P), and it's kind of another way to review our expression. then i'll probably just call on students (or ask for speaking volunteers) and we'll talk about our class results.

i also teach the "think and write" section which is in the back of the chapter. so the last worksheet is actually for them to fill out and later present to the class.

• grib33
  • Newgookin

• May 22, 2013, 05:06:45 pm
    • hadong
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2019, 09:32:54 am »
This is helpful for teaching English . Thank you .