Read 1905 times

• gagevt
  • Moderator - LVL 3

• August 24, 2013, 01:55:38 pm
    • Gyeongbuk
    more
Lesson 5: Living Healthily and Safely
« on: March 08, 2019, 03:36:28 pm »
This is a thread for any lesson material for 동아출판 Middle School English 2 Lesson 5: Living Healthily and Safely. Please share your contributions here. Be sure to explain exactly what you are posting and please do not post multi-level materials in this thread. Also, any review lessons or materials should be posted in the review section for this grade. If you can't find what you're looking for here, check out the older edition of the book for similar materials. Best of luck in your lesson planning!
"The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword."

Re: Lesson 5: Living Healthily and Safely
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2019, 01:12:29 pm »
My plan for lesson 5. Bastardized from a few different lessons.

• CaitV
  • Adventurer

• July 02, 2014, 02:58:38 pm
    • Gyeonngi-do
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2019, 12:08:26 pm »
This is great, thanks ^^

• spacebubble12
  • Explorer

• June 27, 2018, 10:48:43 am
    • Wonderland
    more
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2019, 02:09:54 pm »
I have a powerpoint I borrowed from various resources and my previous teacher (Thanks, Amy!). Also, I have a bingo game where I had the students get up and play human bingo. Guys, be sure to ask if there is a companion activity book, because I used it in my lesson as well. It was very easy to use, so be sure to ask about it!

Write your own story and make it great. - Alyssa Chung

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2019, 04:41:37 pm »
Here is the lesson I did this past week! I did a body part worksheet after the listen and talk portion which I'll include also!

« Last Edit: February 17, 2020, 02:27:02 pm by noobTeacher612 »

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2019, 01:50:25 pm »
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1XsEwkW6DsCiUt4vwxrxsXAwWd1uGHHUt

Spy Game
(this aint my idea, i got it from a waygood idea a couple years ago so THANKS MAN!!! :D
1. On the ppt, I show a pic/gif + a question or a sentence related to the pic that the students have to complete USING the key expression. I might make this a team or a partner game...
Ex: *pic of someone with a stomach ache*
       ppt text: A: Oh my stomach hurts!
                       B: You should...
Students have to complete part B of the dialog... “you should get some medicine/ you should lay down and rest/ you shouldn’t eat spicy food/ etc.”

anyway, so they answer the question or complete the sentence.
2. Second slide: see answer or i check their answers
3. Third slide: BONUS Question!! This time, the question is actually about the picture/gif. So it kind of makes things a little more fun i guess?...students have to pay more attention.

I duno, my students seem to really enjoy it so far and i make the content and levels different depending on the grade and what we're learning.
This can take up like...30 - 45 min.
Students like to think, hem & haw..ya kno

I make sure to tell students to be honest and if they don't get an answer right, X it out or sometimes i check to make sure everyone has an answer written before showing the next slide (Students have to write w/ a pen, no pencils or erasers!)

Problem & Advice Comic - Draw & Pass

I got this idea from our EPIK Orientation meeting...so shoutout to the two folks who created this brilliant idea.

1. Students draw a problem (any problem), pass the paper.
2. Students look at the new 2nd paper, and write what they think is the problem!, pass the paper again
3. Students look at the 3rd paper, look at the drawing & explanation and then DRAW A SOLUTION, pass the paper
4. Students look at their 4th paper and write what they think the solution is. Then they give it back to the original owner.

I might make this a parter thing...because my students are mid-level. Or, I might just have less "passing" and have one student draw and write the problem, pass the paper and then that person draws and writes a solution.
This can again, take up the whole class time.

It's not bad and kinda fun!
It takes up a good amount of time so if you have the time, I enjoy doing activities like this.