Read 2137 times

• gagevt
  • Moderator - LVL 3

• August 24, 2013, 01:55:38 pm
    • Gyeongbuk
    more
Lesson 3: Ideas for Saving the Earth
« on: March 08, 2019, 03:32:45 pm »
This is a thread for any lesson material for 동아출판 Middle School English 2 Lesson 3: Ideas for Saving the Earth. Please share your contributions here. Be sure to explain exactly what you are posting and please do not post multi-level materials in this thread. Also, any review lessons or materials should be posted in the review section for this grade. If you can't find what you're looking for here, check out the older edition of the book for similar materials. Best of luck in your lesson planning!
"The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword."

Re: Lesson 3: Ideas for Saving the Earth
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2019, 08:46:12 am »
Does anyone have any good ideas for this lesson? I'm struggling to find good material.

• Datasapien
  • Super Waygook

• February 04, 2012, 09:36:25 pm
    • Chungcheongbuk-do
    more
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2019, 10:38:46 am »
I hijacked the lesson aims and decided to teach large numbers instead (after covering the 'How much is it? Can I get a discount?' textbook stuff). After going over the way we count numbers in English (tens, hundreds, thousands, millions ...) I split the kids into teams and did a 'The Price is Right' game. You can find loads of templates / versions on the site :)
"A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man." - Jebediah Springfield.

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2019, 02:20:30 pm »
I hijacked the lesson aims and decided to teach large numbers instead (after covering the 'How much is it? Can I get a discount?' textbook stuff). After going over the way we count numbers in English (tens, hundreds, thousands, millions ...) I split the kids into teams and did a 'The Price is Right' game. You can find loads of templates / versions on the site :)
Thanks for the suggestion. I tried that in my class & it worked well.

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2019, 11:15:24 am »
Here are my materials for Lesson 3.  Students loved playing 삼,육,구. If you don't know how to play, the directions are online (Google it).  Kudos to the person on Waygook who made the Trashball Game. It was not mine (sorry, I don't remember the username). I suggest writing down the answers to the game if you're not good at math.

• ksd197703
  • Waygookin

• October 02, 2013, 01:17:39 pm
    • South Korea Deagu
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2019, 09:39:01 am »
i also used one of the price is right games i found on here after reviewing the key expressions.

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2019, 02:29:07 pm »
I focused on the target language of the unit but expanded it into a few different activities involving buying and selling. I used a variety of activities from Jill Hadfield's "Elementary Communication Games" which you can find online. Here are my 3 lessons:

This unit: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1JdqVC2pKqp_XUU9ZM6g--dgYNgdF3oJu

All my stuff: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1zoprLJE4gcBDztHTHYm_8NeNA4vZFHAw
« Last Edit: February 17, 2020, 02:20:40 pm by noobTeacher612 »

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2019, 02:14:58 pm »
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1XsEwkW6DsCiUt4vwxrxsXAwWd1uGHHUt

i wish i could give my students free reign and have them walk around the class without fighting each other to the ground but alas that is not the world where i live in atm hehe

sooooooo this is what i did.

Day 1:

+ intro: i have students read the ppt about black friday, showed a clip of some black friday compilations, introduced the expression via poorly drawn comic done by yours truly. I have some student volunteers to say the dialog outloud after we repeat it a couple times. This is more of a filler
+ English Book questions & answers/listening part

Day 2:
+ English Book: Part 2 (the second page), students "listen & write" and fill out the worksheet that i wrote up for them, we correct it together.
+ Mystery Box PPT: students pick a question and if they get the answer right, they have the choice of opening the box or giving it away. I taught them the expression:
"I want to keep/open the box" / "I want to give it to Team 2"
This takes up the rest of the time
*&btw i did NOT create this game, i did the questions but THANKS to the person who made this...im sorry i dont know your name... i got this from waygook a few yrs back **

Day 3:
+Think & Write: I also have to teach them the "think and write" part of their book so this time, we basically did it together and i let them have some free time for the remaining time while i went around checking all their answers.