Read 9095 times

Re: 2019 Grade 5 Cheonjae 2 - 1. Where Are You From?
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2019, 03:21:06 pm »
I repurposed a couple old PPTs to make one for this new book as well as a slap game. Be sure to check this post every now & again as I'll be editing it if/when I make more files for the later parts of the lesson.

Telepathy game: Instructions included in the PPT, also uploading a worksheet to go along with it if you need it. (Ideal for the third or fifth period)

Thanks for the telepathy game.  It was a big hit with my students.
save $5 on iherb by using discount code TCB077  !

1. Be good 2. Be nice  3. Be clean

• jimwall5
  • Veteran

• March 03, 2014, 07:49:56 pm
    • Korea
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2019, 05:26:17 pm »
Here are mine. My school wants me to do phonics with the class as they are pretty low level, so there are phonics activities at the end.

• fnord
  • Adventurer

• March 14, 2016, 02:44:25 pm
    • Jinju
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2019, 11:58:01 am »
Here's all my stuff. Pretty much adapted from other people's ppts. Thanks to the original creators whoever they may be.

• jrarcand
  • Waygookin

• August 30, 2017, 10:00:46 am
    • Sanae, South Korea
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2019, 01:14:24 pm »
I have a word twinkle that I use every lesson to review the key words. After the reading class period (period 4) I like to remove the pictures. I also have a song that the students LOVE.

Period 3 - I did the spy game. I have a brief explanation ppt if they're not familiar, and I have the cards.

Period 4 - Let's read level reading to supplement the textbook. I have them listen to the textbook, repeat after me, translate, and then read by themselves five times (they can read out loud quietly). Then we play this ppt where students fill in the blank.

Period 5 or 6 - Speaking relay. The students go down the line to ask and answer, "Where are you from?"/"I am from ____." Make sure the students know which country they're supposed to say. They are timed with one practice round and one real round. They compete against the other 5th grade classes. I like to do this a couple times each semester, and it gets faster each time.

• hangook77
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 14, 2017, 09:10:12 am
    • Near Busan
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2019, 03:05:14 pm »
Word Lotto and work score sheet. 

« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2020, 12:44:44 pm »
For the reading section, period 4:

After reading the passage in the textbook, I did a running dictation with my students. It's faily simple and can be made to be more complex.

I wrote a story with 5 sentences about a fictional character. I cut the sentences out and placed them around the room on the walls randomly.

Each student takes turns reading a sentence and telling their group about the character. They must complete their chart as a group. Once all groups are done, I checked the answers with the class and students volunteered to read sentences about the character.

Attached an example passage and the chart each group filled out.

• Mandrake
  • Adventurer

• December 21, 2012, 10:06:18 am
    • Korea
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2020, 09:21:49 am »
4 corners imnida

• CMC2668
  • Veteran

• May 07, 2012, 01:08:26 pm
    • south korea
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2020, 02:33:26 pm »
Here is a country guessing game which can be used to review countries. Students will see an outline of a country's map and must guess what country it is before the time runs out. Pause the video if your students need more time.

https://youtu.be/Xx2XZxZlofI

• hangook77
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• Near Busan
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2020, 11:42:30 am »
Hidden candy game

• hangook77
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• Near Busan
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2020, 08:44:07 am »
One of my schools is asking me to make some worksheets for the kids working at home.  But, my imagination in this area lags.  That said, this is what I have come up with so far.  Plus some came from esl websites.

• hangook77
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• Near Busan
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2020, 09:48:11 am »
School wanted me to give them some youtube links for them to give the kids.  (For their home study.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1ti-VWkBLE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6A2EFkjXq4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pOFKmk7ytU

• annataleen
  • Moderator LVL 1

• May 02, 2014, 01:27:07 pm
    • Incheon
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2020, 02:55:06 pm »
This is a PPT our school is going to use for online classes. We took the PPT from the book and I recorded my voice over the slides.  :lipsrsealed: :blank: The last slides, which introduce the characters for the book, where taken from another PPT from here. I figured I couldn't make it better than they did, so thank you to whomever made it! My teachers wanted music with the lesson, so I found some royalty free music from  bensounds.com.

If you would like to use this PPT and record your own voice, from the first slide my voice over is the speaker on the right. You can delete those and then record your voice. On the first slide, the speaker for the music is on the left. It is set to play at the lowest volume on a loop for the entire presentation. If you want to keep the music, don't delete the left speaker on the first slide!

Korean English Teachers: you are welcome to use this PPT with my voice for your school.

If you need to change the PPT to a video, you can use the export feature to to convert it to a mp4, however, it doesn't work with all versions of Office. It doesn't work on my (Apple) laptop, but it does on my work (Windows based) computer. It takes a few minutes for it to covert, and it will look like it isn't doing anything, but wait and it will show up as a mp4. On our computers it shows up on the desktop.

• L I
  • The Legend

• October 03, 2011, 01:50:58 pm
    • Seoul

• xfmj0902
  • Newgookin

• March 23, 2010, 12:41:51 pm
    • Korea
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2020, 08:49:25 pm »
Awesome!

• annataleen
  • Moderator LVL 1

• May 02, 2014, 01:27:07 pm
    • Incheon
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2020, 09:59:43 am »
Hey everyone! My coteacher asked me to make an online review PPT for lesson one, so here it is. Actually, she gave me three PPTs to look at and mix and match what I wanted to do. One of them she put together was based on slides from the PPT that comes with the book. That is what I used for my my first PPT for lesson one. The other I used for this lesson is practicing the expression "where are you from?" and then looking at the flag and answering "I am from _________."  I have no idea where she got that PPT, but since she gave it for me to use for online lessons, I am using it.

The first part reviews the characters and the countries they are from, the second part reviews vocabulary and expressions, then it's the part with the countries and flags. Lastly, I made a little flag and country memory game using the flags from the PPT she gave me.

Native teachers: you can delete my voice over and record your voice, however, you may experience problems exporting it to a mp4. In this case it might be better for you to record the screen and simply voice over the presentation from the screen recording, and not recording on the actual PPT (see below). The voice over are on the speakers on the right side on each screen. The music is on the left speaker on the first slide and it is set to play on a loop for the entire presentation.

Korean teachers: you are welcome to use this PPT with my voice for your school, however you may experience problems exporting it to a mp4 (see below).

For some reason, we couldn't export this PPT to make it into a mp4. I checked and it turns out a Office subscribers can convert PPTs into mp4s, which explains why I couldn't do it on my laptop (though I don't think it's fair because I did pay for my version of Office, I just didn't want to subscribe!). However, we were able to successfully convert our first PPTs to a mp4 on our work computers, and other grade's PPTs as well. I think the problem with this one is maybe the game is too much for it? I don't know!

To get around this, we made a screen video and let the presentation play. I diminishes the quality of the audio because you have to use your computer speakers to pick up the sound. You also need to do it in a quiet area because it will pick up any noise around you while you are recording it, which will happen if you are recording over the PPT anyway but at least when I am recording on the slides I know the music will drown out some of the background noise. Anyway! That is why if you are going to delete my voice and use your own voice instead, it might be easier record your voice during the screen recording instead.