Read 6145 times

• ChiSunIm
  • Veteran

• September 06, 2012, 01:11:23 pm
    • Daegu
Re: 2019 Grade 6 Daekyo 1 - 2. Do You Know Anything About Hanok?
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2021, 03:03:57 pm »
Odd letter out game to practice spelling. Have the students pick out the incorrect letter(s) before time is up.

https://youtu.be/xdfqA61vAb4

Key Expressions:
1. game
2. music
3. painting
4. dance
5. Yes, I do.
6. What did you say?

• starryella
  • Veteran

• November 07, 2019, 04:29:39 pm
    • Busan, South Korea
Re: 2019 Grade 6 Daekyo 1 - 2. Do You Know Anything About Hanok?
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2021, 02:21:11 pm »
A year into corona and I'm starting to feel like my bag of tricks is empty(ing). I dug deep and decided to make this bingo twist activity. It covers all 4 skills. I am using it for period 2... they are in sixth grade after all so I think that is not too unreasonable. It is an easy game.

I expect it will take my kids about 10 minutes to fill out the bingo board. The board has 5 squares already filled in. There are 20 blanks, and a list to choose the answers from (in the PPT).

The twist is playing bingo against the teacher. The PPT includes a board. Click directly on the text to make a bingo token appear. The kids should strategize to try to win the game while also trying to prevent you from winning. (ONLY the gameboard text boxes will trigger the token, so if you don't click on the text area in the square it won't work).

My CT and I will model the first couple questions/answers ("Do you know anything about..." "Yes, I do/No, I don't") and then turn it over to the class. I'm just going to go around the class and let each student choose a square and ask a question. Everyone else listens, answers, and checks their board.

First players to 2 lines of 5 in a row are the winners.

Worksheet and PPT attached. The font on the worksheet is KG Miss Kindergarten, free downloads available online or simply change font if you want to adjust the worksheet. PDF also included for anyone who doesn't need to make changes and doesn't have the font.