Read 931 times

• kldefosse1
  • Newgookin

• September 05, 2018, 08:09:24 am
    • Jeollanamdo, Jeonnam, South Korea
Kahoot! Four Corners
« on: March 04, 2019, 12:45:35 pm »
I originally was going to use Kahoot! in my classroom but found out that I can't let the students use their phones in class. I thought I would have to turn my Kahoot! quiz into another bomb game (love em but over use them for sure) so I chose to use the Four Corners game to go with the quiz I made on Kahoot! I made this instruction PPT so it would be much easier to explain.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ozdf7vT7ZwvPA6RUKQ1LJB7Vgb--JuTa/view?usp=sharing

• debbiem89
  • Super Waygook

• August 30, 2016, 09:42:49 am
    • South Korea
Re: Kahoot! Four Corners
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2019, 09:49:22 am »
The ppt looks  great....but how do you get the quiz to show?  Is this just the Instruction ppt?

edit: Sorry I think that was a stupid question. Great four corners ppt though, thanks!
« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 09:54:44 am by debbiem89 »

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2019, 10:03:23 am »
The ppt looks  great....but how do you get the quiz to show?  Is this just the Instruction ppt?

The above doesn't link to the quiz. But to use kahoot, you go to www.kahoot.it and create a teacher's account.
If the above poster gives you the link, you could probably copy the quiz into your own account for tweaking, if you wanted/needed.

Short of that, you could recreate the quiz with the "create" button that'll appear when you log in.

After that, when you want to do the quiz, you'd need at least a few students with mobile devices. When you go to do the quiz, a code will appear on the screen, and your students go to http://kahoot.it on their device and enter the code to join your quiz/game.

Showing kids how to do this might be difficult, though, given that the site and its optional app are only available in English.

• debbiem89
  • Super Waygook

• South Korea
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2019, 10:19:42 am »

The above doesn't link to the quiz. But to use kahoot, you go to www.kahoot.it and create a teacher's account.
If the above poster gives you the link, you could probably copy the quiz into your own account for tweaking, if you wanted/needed.

Short of that, you could recreate the quiz with the "create" button that'll appear when you log in.

After that, when you want to do the quiz, you'd need at least a few students with mobile devices. When you go to do the quiz, a code will appear on the screen, and your students go to http://kahoot.it on their device and enter the code to join your quiz/game.

Showing kids how to do this might be difficult, though, given that the site and its optional app are only available in English.

Thanks! That would have been awesome...but phones are strictly not allowed in the classroom. Would work great for my after school classes though :) I'll take a look at it :)

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2019, 10:51:56 am »
Kahoot is definitely awesome. While ppt games can be fun, kahoot usually defaults to scoring based on the correct answer being chosen along with the time it takes to get the right answer (0 for a wrong answer but if I answer correctly quicker than you, I get more pts).

Once you get students in your kahoot, the interface is easy since they just tap on the different colors for the answers.

• debbiem89
  • Super Waygook

• South Korea
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2019, 11:33:38 am »
Kahoot is definitely awesome. While ppt games can be fun, kahoot usually defaults to scoring based on the correct answer being chosen along with the time it takes to get the right answer (0 for a wrong answer but if I answer correctly quicker than you, I get more pts).

Once you get students in your kahoot, the interface is easy since they just tap on the different colors for the answers.

Ah it seems like they'd love it! I mean I can't get them off their phones at that time...might as well utilise them!

• kldefosse1
  • Newgookin

• September 05, 2018, 08:09:24 am
    • Jeollanamdo, Jeonnam, South Korea
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2019, 08:26:09 am »
I can't use cell phones in class either, so the way I made it was that I cut out the triangle, circle, etc. in their respective colors and taped one to each corner of the room. Then I opened a second tab and created a ghost player for the quiz who didn't actually answer any of the questions. Kahoot didn't mind that no one selected an answer. It continued right through the quiz and we just ignored the scoring portion, and the students who chose the correct answer could remain standing while the rest sat down. Worked great for my class! Good luck. :)

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2019, 08:57:22 am »
Way to adapt quickly to the no phones rule! I'll have to keep this in my back pocket for next time... To be honest, I think this probably works better—especially for those afternoon classes where students are zoning out.