• gogators!
  • The Legend

• March 16, 2016, 04:35:48 pm
    • Seoul

• waygo0k
  • The Legend

• September 27, 2011, 11:51:01 am
    • Chungnam
Re: Your thinking is black people commit more crimes because...?
« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2019, 03:32:21 am »
Irish and Italian mafias of the 20th century...filled with men from single parent homes. You know, being largely devout Catholic and all.

• SanderB
  • Super Waygook

• June 02, 2018, 06:25:54 pm
    • Burning Oil Be Best
« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2019, 06:33:46 am »
41 replies because a neo-nazi regurgitates Fred Luntz's ''it needs to be part of the conversation'' dribble?
Please, let's leave these obscure toads where they belong, lurking in the shadows and definitely not here, out in the open. 8)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2019, 06:35:48 am by SanderB »
Fiat voluntas tua- What you want is allowed

« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2019, 06:45:51 am »
Irish and Italian mafias of the 20th century...filled with men from single parent homes. You know, being largely devout Catholic and all.

I thought it went without saying but OK let's qualify it by saying it's a lack of fathers who are good role models. If your father happens to be Don Corleone, yes you may have a better chance of keeping out out trouble by being in a single parent family.

Are you really trying to argue that having a good role model for a father isn't important for a boy to stay on the straight and narrow? If a kid doesn't get guidance from his father he'll most likely get it from his friends who are probably dumb. Seems common sense to me but I'm sure it's backed up by a load of studies I can't be bothered to look up now. 

• senanu
  • Explorer

• March 09, 2011, 11:58:55 am
    • South Korea
« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2019, 08:35:01 am »
Having other races discuss black people as we are a species of wildlife is just amazing. It's as if we've been removed of our humanity and just been placed in zoos for white people to marvel at...... Oh wait you did that already in Europe less than a hundred years ago! You want to know why there's higher level of crimes? the answer is simple, Lack of opportunities coupled with overwhelming prejudice. Some of the comments I've read here. I wish you had to put your real name on this forum, see how brave you are then to talk shit. And any one of you who has a problem with what I've said please feel free to message me and we can organise a place and time and then you can come back here with a topic "why are black people so violent?" Keyboard warriors smh.

« Reply #45 on: March 05, 2019, 08:45:39 am »
This has been a great show, guys. There are now conversations about race going on in about four separate threads. Let's reflect on how we got here.

First, someone who regularly pushes white separatist viewpoints starts a thread to complain about a black writer's opinion piece, in which the author discusses his perceptions experience of racism in Korea, and how it compares to his experiences in the US. This prompts a defense of white separatist Jared Taylor's statistical analysis on black crime, a volley of insults directed at Spike Lee (apropos of nothing, really), and a comment that "every country in the world" feels negatively toward black Americans because "They probably just watched BET and actually listened and understoodto (sic) rap lyrics."

When that flaming trash heap of a thread got blocked, another user figured the internet couldn't survive without hearing his opinion on black crime rates, so he started a new thread to make this critical announcement. This solicitation brought us some insights like black people have yet to evolve the necessary genes to become "domesticated" and they are dependent on the generosity of government. Idle speculation, perhaps, but there is no shortage of certainty that racism is an overblown exaggeration.

Meanwhile, over on Justice4Jussie, we learn that there is a widespread media conspiracy to taint the image of whites, and that the public is deliberately shielded from any news of black crime. How this happens and why this would be the case is a little unclear, but has something to do with Trump. And on the US politics megathread, a new member of the community chimes in to inform us (apropos of nothing) that "it is OK to NOT really feel the need to pander and embrace African-American culture (or at least, modern African-American culture).  Personally, I give it two thumbs down." He follows up by asserting that people who disagree with him are "angry, indoctrinated, titty-babies."

This is a terrific look for your side. Your points have been extremely well-made and I think you've conclusively proved that racism exists purely in the imaginations of social justice warriors. Well done!

« Last Edit: March 05, 2019, 08:59:00 am by Andyman »

• kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #46 on: March 05, 2019, 08:56:47 am »
   I just want to note, for the benefit of some of the more... uh... conservative members of this forum, that the above comments were, in fact, sarcastic. Andyman doesn't actually feel that this has been a great show nor does he feel that anything has been conclusively proven. Just so you know.

« Reply #47 on: March 05, 2019, 09:15:38 am »
Having other races discuss black people as we are a species of wildlife is just amazing. It's as if we've been removed of our humanity and just been placed in zoos for white people to marvel at.....

There are plenty of black people saying the same thing if you have a problem with white people expressing their opinion on the topic.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=piwaBO6U43U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE-urLVdI-8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soyuC-RfjME

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpy8B4Jc1hc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdh8zPr_ZmI

• waygo0k
  • The Legend

• September 27, 2011, 11:51:01 am
    • Chungnam
« Reply #48 on: March 05, 2019, 09:49:56 am »

I thought it went without saying but OK let's qualify it by saying it's a lack of fathers who are good role models. If your father happens to be Don Corleone, yes you may have a better chance of keeping out out trouble by being in a single parent family.

Are you really trying to argue that having a good role model for a father isn't important for a boy to stay on the straight and narrow? If a kid doesn't get guidance from his father he'll most likely get it from his friends who are probably dumb. Seems common sense to me but I'm sure it's backed up by a load of studies I can't be bothered to look up now.

Why are you insistent on bringing up gibberish after gibberish to make whatever easily disproven statement you’re trying to push?

Did a magical bulb suddenly light up in the Irish and Italian communities in the US that made them ‘respectable’ overnight? Did the mafia fathers suddenly become good role models overnight?

Or did the government decide to implement the biggest socioeconomic program in history that literally pulled people from a life of crime in the underclass into respectable middle class jobs and neighbourhoods?

Speaking of good role models...

Despite the pernicious stereotype of the absent black father, black fathers actually spend more time providing care to their children than Latino and white fathers, according to a national study conducted by the CDC.

https://amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/jun/17/black-fathers-parenting-child-support-policy-flaws

Wondering what the next gibberish talking point will be  :rolleyes:

« Reply #49 on: March 05, 2019, 10:04:15 am »
Having other races discuss black people as we are a species of wildlife is just amazing. It's as if we've been removed of our humanity and just been placed in zoos for white people to marvel at...... Oh wait you did that already in Europe less than a hundred years ago! You want to know why there's higher level of crimes? the answer is simple, Lack of opportunities coupled with overwhelming prejudice. Some of the comments I've read here. I wish you had to put your real name on this forum, see how brave you are then to talk shit. And any one of you who has a problem with what I've said please feel free to message me and we can organise a place and time and then you can come back here with a topic "why are black people so violent?" Keyboard warriors smh.

You have to understand that a lot of these guys have been jumpy since they were "attacked" (eggieguffer, 2019) by a razor advertisement in which a black guy said "Not cool, bro" to a white guy. It's hard to diagnose PTSD on the basis of some anonymous comments, but I think basic sensitivity requires that we at least consider the possibility that they haven't made complete recoveries yet.

« Reply #50 on: March 05, 2019, 10:04:50 am »
There, fixed it for ya  :wink:

Well that certainly happens with some people. Sadly, I think a couple posters here go that way. But I also think there's plenty more who do not.

And again to the conservatives in here I will say this- Why are you so obsessed over black people? And also, aren't you supposed to be celebrating all the positive accomplishments under the Trump administration? Are you really pro-America and pro-everyone? Or are you in fact, anti-black? Like seriously, what is your impulse and motivation for seeking out these kinds of stories? If I wanted to post something it might be I don't know, economic gains or the new, rising, and exciting of primarily young black conservatives, most of whom are reaching people through social media, in particular youtube.

How does "Black people commit more crimes" persuade any black person to even consider your position? What are you thinking? Do you seriously think that's persuasive?

Crap like this is why the liberals sometimes have a point about conservatives and race. Get your shit together and knock it off.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2019, 10:11:39 am by Mr.DeMartino »

« Reply #51 on: March 05, 2019, 10:09:39 am »
Meanwhile, over on Justice4Jussie, we learn that there is a widespread media conspiracy to taint the image of whites, and that the public is deliberately shielded from any news of black crime.
As someone who started the Justice4Jussie thread, that was a major story in the U.S. and while some of the stuff on the thread now is batcrap, it was a big story and it did challenge some of the prevailing narratives. And that incident isn't the best look for "the other side". Two sides of the same coin- people who are so into this narrative of race hate.

« Reply #52 on: March 05, 2019, 10:10:29 am »

You have to understand that a lot of these guys have been jumpy since they were "attacked" (eggieguffer, 2019) by a razor advertisement in which a black guy said "Not cool, bro" to a white guy. It's hard to diagnose PTSD on the basis of some anonymous comments, but I think basic sensitivity requires that we at least consider the possibility that they haven't made complete recoveries yet.

Once again, I'm not the one threatening violence, saying people are full of sh-t, or talking gibbersih etc... but I get accused of suffering from PTSD.  :rolleyes:

'Black issues' such as extra government funding, policing, affirmative action, etc... affect everyone in the US, no matter what colour. If black people are going to demand policies from the government involving public money, they can't turn round and say 'yes but white people are not allowed to discuss them'. It's ludicrous. 

• CypherSoul
  • Veteran

• May 02, 2018, 07:51:18 am
    • South Korea
    more
« Reply #53 on: March 05, 2019, 10:30:30 am »

Once again, I'm not the one threatening violence, saying people are full of sh-t, or talking gibbersih etc... but I get accused of suffering from PTSD.  :rolleyes:

'Black issues' such as extra government funding, policing, affirmative action, etc... affect everyone in the US, no matter what colour. If black people are going to demand policies from the government involving public money, they can't turn round and say 'yes but white people are not allowed to discuss them'. It's ludicrous.

Here's the bit about funding in the education sector and the role of race (I wouldn't be surprised if this happened across all sectors which receive "extra" funding as you call it).

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/latino/segregation-school-funding-inequalities-still-punishing-black-latino-students-n837186

https://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2015/09/public-school-funding-and-the-role-of-race/408085/

Don't even get me started on the policing issue because we know that people of colour especially black people are targeted most likely than not by the police.

You can discuss these policies but not when your whole narrative is based on a racist outlook.

Here's something for you to read about Scotland (a predominantly white country with a high rate of knife crime and murders and how the government helped to bring it under control).

https://www.theguardian.com/membership/2017/dec/03/how-scotland-reduced-knife-deaths-among-young-people

Also just because Larry Elder chooses to ignore racial discrimination, does not mean the rest of the people need to follow the same narrative.
Slay My Life! Walk boo boo walk! Cat Walk for me boo boo! This isn't cat walking, this is a hyena walking! Lion walking! Tiger walking! Leopard walking! Enter my Queen!

« Reply #54 on: March 05, 2019, 10:31:42 am »
This topic?? Im so confused. Logging onto waygook to see a discussion about us black people is really upsetting. There are ways to have discussions and this is not it. The title alone seems to be aimed at other races other than black people to come give their thoughts on the experiences of black people. Come on guys. You cant really expect us to be okay with this.

« Reply #55 on: March 05, 2019, 11:02:13 am »
This topic?? Im so confused. Logging onto waygook to see a discussion about us black people is really upsetting. There are ways to have discussions and this is not it. The title alone seems to be aimed at other races other than black people to come give their thoughts on the experiences of black people. Come on guys. You cant really expect us to be okay with this.

I have to say, from a business perspective, this kind of thread on the front page of waygook.org is NOT a good look, and that's before we get to any issues of people clucking over black people like they're creatures to be analyzed.

Can you numbskulls at least try and put things in semi-neutral terms and perhaps not in a way that makes someone wonder if they're on some reddit race page? If me, a known Trump-sympathizer on this site, is saying "Woah dudes", you should really stop and think.

And again, I don't get why the Korea Times article thread was closed and THIS one was kept open. At least the other one linked to an article and such...
« Last Edit: March 05, 2019, 11:04:14 am by Mr.DeMartino »

« Reply #56 on: March 05, 2019, 11:05:51 am »

This is a such a spectacularly distorted understanding of... well, just about everything, that it really beggars belief. Keep digging!

« Reply #57 on: March 05, 2019, 11:14:03 am »

I have to say, from a business perspective, this kind of thread on the front page of waygook.org is NOT a good look, and that's before we get to any issues of people clucking over black people like they're creatures to be analyzed.

Can you numbskulls at least try and put things in semi-neutral terms and perhaps not in a way that makes someone wonder if they're on some reddit race page? If me, a known Trump-sympathizer on this site, is saying "Woah dudes", you should really stop and think.

And again, I don't get why the Korea Times article thread was closed and THIS one was kept open. At least the other one linked to an article and such...

I think the moderators could see the predictable direction in which the other one was going and halted it, but that just gave birth to this monster (Started by a non-American white guy who is simply concerned that white voices are not sufficiently represented in US domestic policy, apparently. Some opinions are so important that they must be blasted from a digtal megaphone all the way in Korea.)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2019, 11:21:18 am by Andyman »

• annataleen
  • Moderator LVL 1

• May 02, 2014, 01:27:07 pm
    • Incheon
« Reply #58 on: March 05, 2019, 11:26:55 am »
I was gone for most of the month of February, so I didn't see the original thread.

I have no idea what the purpose of this thread is and why is it on a website about Korea.

Most of the people that use this website are English teachers in Korea, native or Korean. This website is talked about as a resource for new teachers in Korea at EPIK orientations across the country. I was told about it at my small MOE orientation. So these new teachers come and see this thread. Do you think they will want to come and materials for their classes after seeing this nonsense on the front page? I wouldn't.

If you want start threads on topics like this, go to Reddit, or better yet, do it on Facebook where we can actually see your name and your face.

I am sorry to the people this thread has hurt.