Read 1650 times

Re: Your thinking is black people commit more crimes because...?
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2019, 02:30:15 pm »
Dude, I have a serious question- What impulse or motivation inside of yourself that says "I think I should make a topic about why black people commit more crime" on a message board about Korea

Because someone asked me a question about it on the White supremacy thread just before it got blocked.  Don't really know why as the topic seemed connected to the original article. The guy writing the opinion piece was questioning why Koreans might look on black people unfavourably and one of the possibilities was the rate they commit crime in the US. Sorry if the subject distresses you.   

« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2019, 02:35:49 pm »
It's not distressing.

I'm just saying it's not the best look for the conservative movement to constantly care about that.

Message positive- black unemployment is down. Black wages are up. Crime is down. Conservatives realize this is a time to be happy and positive, not angry and terrified of the homies like it's 1989 or something.

« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2019, 02:41:16 pm »
It's not distressing.

I'm just saying it's not the best look for the conservative movement to constantly care about that.

Message positive- black unemployment is down. Black wages are up. Crime is down. Conservatives realize this is a time to be happy and positive, not angry and terrified of the homies like it's 1989 or something.

Yep, fair point.

• gogators!
  • The Legend

• March 16, 2016, 04:35:48 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2019, 05:42:51 am »
I don't think an evolutionary explanation can be ruled out. Has anyone read Nicholas Wade's book, A Troublesome Inheritance: Genes, Race and Human History?

Evolution can happen in a relatively short period of time. For example, Wade points that the English became significantly less violent between 1200 and 1800. Their homicide rate went down by 90% during that period. Wade attributes this to the rich having more surviving children than the poor in England. It takes patience and self discipline to make a lot of money- qualities which are in short supply among criminals.

I doubt that all populations have undergone domestication to that extent.

Foxes can be bred to be tame enough to be around humans within a mere eight generations. Assuming that a generation among humans is 25 years there are 24 generations within a period of 600 years. So that's plenty of time for significant adaptation to occur.
So because his grandfather and father were crooks, don jr. is one as well?

Wade runs into much trouble making this argument. He indulges in circular logic. He tells just-so stories. While warning us to avoid filtering science through politics, he draws heavily from conservative historians who minimize the roles played by political power, geographic advantage, momentum, disease and dumb luck. Conveniently, this leaves more historical questions for genetics to answer.

And despite his protests to the contrary, Wade often sounds as if he sees the rise of the West as a sort of stable endpoint of human history and evolution — as if, having considered 5,000 years in which history has successively blessed the Middle East, the Far East and the Ottoman Empire, he observes the West’s current run of glory and thinks the pendulum has stilled.

If Wade could point to genes that give races distinctive social behaviors, we might overlook such shortcomings. But he cannot.

Editors’ Picks

There Are No Five Stages of Grief

‘Hillbilly Elegy’ Had Strong Opinions About Appalachians. Now, Appalachians Return the Favor.

The Tallest Man I Ever Loved
He tries. He tells, for instance, of specific gene variants that reputedly create less trust and more violence in ­African-Americans and, he says, explain their resistance to modern economic institutions and practices. Alas, the scientific literature he draws on is so uneven and disputed that many geneticists dismiss it outright. Wade also cites a 2008 paper that analyzed the genomes of almost 1,000 people from 51 populations around the globe. That paper found that people from different regions do indeed tend to have distinctive genomes. But Wade errs in saying the paper supports his idea that genetic selection has created races with particular social inclinations.

To begin with, the 2008 study mentions nothing about race. It merely establishes that many of the slight differences between human genomes cluster by geography at many scales, including continents, and that genomes from any given location will most likely be similar, just as two people from a particular place will most likely speak with similar accents.

Second, and far more serious, the paper’s authors specifically state that while selection may sometimes create genetic differences between populations, they saw little evidence that selection shaped the small genetic differences they found. In fact, they say the differences can be largely explained by “random drift” — arbitrary changes in genes having little to no effect on people’s biology or behavior. All of this directly contradicts Wade’s argument. Yet he baldly claims the study as support.

And he does this sort of thing repeatedly: He constantly gathers up long shots, speculations and spurious claims, then declares they add up to substantiate his case.

• gogators!
  • The Legend

• March 16, 2016, 04:35:48 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2019, 05:44:59 am »
It's like being live at CPAC.
Post of the day!

« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2019, 06:17:47 am »
Quote from: racists
Why on Earth would you think we're racists?
Quote from: Mr.DeMartino on Yesterday at 01:40:32 PM

Trump is a liar and a con man.

• waygo0k
  • The Legend

• September 27, 2011, 11:51:01 am
    • Chungnam
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2019, 07:57:06 am »

Quote from: also racists

I'm not racist, you're the real racist for bringing up my racism!

• CypherSoul
  • Veteran

• May 02, 2018, 07:51:18 am
    • Daegu, South Korea
    more
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2019, 07:58:35 am »
I present to you...the racist door! 10/10

www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPx7CNT2aVs
Slay My Life! Walk boo boo walk! Cat Walk for me boo boo! This isn't cat walking, this is a hyena walking! Lion walking! Tiger walking! Leopard walking! Enter my Queen!

« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2019, 10:13:10 am »

Quote from: also racists

I'm not racist, you're the real racist for bringing up my racism!

I don't think that's how it actually is.

Lefty: You're wearing a Trump hat. You're a racist!
Righty: I'm not a racist! How is wearing a Trump hat racist?
Lefty: Your Trump hat and white skin proves you're a racist! That hat is a symbol of hate that is aggressive against people of color!
Righty: How does that make me racist? You're a racist for assuming I'm racist because I'm white and wearing a Trump hat!
Lefty: Only Racists Would Support Trump!
Righty: Not all Trump supporters are racist. The Democrats have Robert Byrd and Ralph Northam!
Lefty: But look at what Trump said at Charlottesville and about David Duke and the Mexican Judge. Of course he's racist, so you're supporting a racist, which makes you racist!
Righty: Those comments were taken out of context and distorted
Lefty: No they weren't
Righty: Yes they were

This is pretty much how every convo goes down.

Some things-
1. Shut up about Robert Byrd. Robert Byrd is dead and it's not 1961. Same with Lincoln. There should be a rule- If the person has been dead and was born before the integration of baseball, they aren't representative of anything. It's 2019 people.
2. The Trump hat means a lot of different things to a lot of different people, both those who voted for him and those who didn't.
3. Trump's comments are wildly open to interpretation and there is certainly a case that either A) He was misinterpreted/taken out of context. B) He just insults everyone, regardless of race. There's also a case to be made that he's a man with no filter who says horribly offensive stuff, for a variety of motives. I mean, even his fans agree the man is a hater. To them he might be a player-hater and he just hates on everyone, but let's face it- the man IS a hater. So, he might not be a racist, but you can't run away from him being a hater.

« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2019, 10:39:52 am »
But on the other hand you have people like CDW starting threads to smirk about the overblown notion of white supremacy, and whining about accusations of racism, while effectively admitting that he's attracted to white separatist ideology. Whatever else you want to say about it, there is a layer of Trump support with its foundations in white identity politics, and it sees race relations largely as a zero-sum game. You can find it in 10 seconds if you actively look for it, and you can see it on this board. When this cohort of Trump supporters claims that they're being unfairly represented, it is the duty of all responsible citizens to point our fingers and laugh at them. Appeals to reason have failed.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2019, 10:45:36 am by Andyman »

• Piggydee
  • The Legend

• October 15, 2013, 07:32:43 am
    • South Korea

Quote from: Mr.DeMartino on Yesterday at 01:40:32 PM

Trump is a liar and a con man.

• Piggydee
  • The Legend

• South Korea
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2019, 11:20:11 am »
Yeah I really looooove ManDu :P

• waygo0k
  • The Legend

• Chungnam
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2019, 11:50:02 am »

Righty: You know, black/brown people commit so many crimes, if only they pulled themselves up like white people did
Lefty: You know, that's a pretty racist thing to say!
Righty: I'm not a racist! How is what I said racist? Absolutely not! Just look at this Jared Taylor article that proves my point. Blacks/browns are just more criminal!
Lefty: Dude, you realise Jared Taylor is a racist right?
Righty: How does that make me racist? You're a racist for assuming I'm racist because I'm white and quoting Jared Taylor in support of my racist views!
Lefty: Only Racists quote and believe anything Jared Taylor has to say on race!
Righty: Not all Jared Taylor readers/supporters are racist. The Democrats have Robert Byrd and Ralph Northam!
Lefty: Doesn't matter how you try to spin it. Of course Jared Taylor racist, as is everyone that posts on his site and other affiliated sites, so you're supporting a racist, which makes you racist!
Righty: Those crime statistics come from the FBI, so Jared Taylor has to be right, even if he's a racist!
Lefty: Not quite. The figures are from the FBI, yes...but statistics require context and objective interpretation in order to make proper sense of them. Here are the FBI and Justice Department's own interpretation of the statistics, along with countless other very credible people saying virtually the same thing...which is in fact opposite to what you and Jared Taylor are saying
Righty: Those are all libtard cultural marxist commies who are indoctrinating students and oppressing white males!

There, fixed it for ya  :wink:

« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2019, 11:58:58 am »
I know my comment above sounds quite harsh, and a huge number of people disagree with me. Every figure on the mainstream left has at one time or another made some pious commentary about the need to engage Trump supporters in constructive dialogue, and shake off this perception that the other side is just a snooty elite talking down to them. That's true to some extent - I think there are some issues for which it should be easy to make common cause. But I think we need to admit that there a factions on the fringe that will basically never intersect, and bringing them together is a fantasy. It's possible that I could vote for a conservative Democrat or a more libertarian Republican sometime in the future. I'm very confident, however, that I will never be the type to spend all day on Breitbart, pounding out furious comments about Benghazi or Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's plot to ban cows.* And the people who do that are probably never going to vote for a conservative Democrat, because they are so deeply invested in what a Democrat symbolizes to them, and how their united hatred of that group makes them feel better about themselves. I tip my hat to those trying to reach out to that group, but they are effectively lost. Likewise, there is a group on the left so committed to social media virtue gymnastics, that a slight compromise toward a more conservative viewpoint is simply never going to happen.

I watched a new Netflix documentary about Flat Earthers the other day. At the end, a scientist takes the stage at an astrophysics meetup, near the location of a Flat Earther conference. He talks, in a very generous spirit, about how Flat Earthers should be regarded as budding scientists who've gone a little off course - they challenge conventional thinking, they develop (and sometimes test) alternate theories, they share their work and open it to the scrutiny of their peers. Of course, he suggests that the best approach is engagement, not mockery. In principle, I agree. In practice, I think most of those people attain much more emotional satisfaction from their conspiracy-filled, David-vs-Goliath mentality, and the community that supports it, than they ever would from the slow, uncertain and failure-prone work of real science. And although it opens me to charges of elitism, I think the same is probably true of the white identity wing of Trump support. For every person who grows out of it, you've got ten who are going to accuse them of being co-opted by the establishment.

*Yes, apparently this was the talk of the town at CPAC.

• Piggydee
  • The Legend

• South Korea
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2019, 12:17:06 pm »

• waygo0k
  • The Legend

• Chungnam
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2019, 12:40:21 pm »
I know my comment above sounds quite harsh, and a huge number of people disagree with me. Every figure on the mainstream left has at one time or another made some pious commentary about the need to engage Trump supporters in constructive dialogue, and shake off this perception that the other side is just a snooty elite talking down to them. That's true to some extent - I think there are some issues for which it should be easy to make common cause. But I think we need to admit that there a factions on the fringe that will basically never intersect, and bringing them together is a fantasy. It's possible that I could vote for a conservative Democrat or a more libertarian Republican sometime in the future. I'm very confident, however, that I will never be the type to spend all day on Breitbart, pounding out furious comments about Benghazi or Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's plot to ban cows.* And the people who do that are probably never going to vote for a conservative Democrat, because they are so deeply invested in what a Democrat symbolizes to them, and how their united hatred of that group makes them feel better about themselves. I tip my hat to those trying to reach out to that group, but they are effectively lost. Likewise, there is a group on the left so committed to social media virtue gymnastics, that a slight compromise toward a more conservative viewpoint is simply never going to happen.

I watched a new Netflix documentary about Flat Earthers the other day. At the end, a scientist takes the stage at an astrophysics meetup, near the location of a Flat Earther conference. He talks, in a very generous spirit, about how Flat Earthers should be regarded as budding scientists who've gone a little off course - they challenge conventional thinking, they develop (and sometimes test) alternate theories, they share their work and open it to the scrutiny of their peers. Of course, he suggests that the best approach is engagement, not mockery. In principle, I agree. In practice, I think most of those people attain much more emotional satisfaction from their conspiracy-filled, David-vs-Goliath mentality, and the community that supports it, than they ever would from the slow, uncertain and failure-prone work of real science. And although it opens me to charges of elitism, I think the same is probably true of the white identity wing of Trump support. For every person who grows out of it, you've got ten who are going to accuse them of being co-opted by the establishment.

*Yes, apparently this was the talk of the town at CPAC.

Nail...head.

I don't know why people in 2019 still think they can get through to Trumpists using factual information and respectable discourse. You might as well try to ride a dead horse.

« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2019, 01:31:22 pm »

Righty: You know, black/brown people commit so many crimes, if only they pulled themselves up like white people did
Righty: I'm not a racist! How is what I said racist? Absolutely not! Just look at this Jared Taylor article that proves my point. Blacks/browns are just more criminal!
Righty: How does that make me racist? You're a racist for assuming I'm racist because I'm white and quoting Jared Taylor in support of my racist views!
Righty: Not all Jared Taylor readers/supporters are racist. The Democrats have Robert Byrd and Ralph Northam!
Lefty: Doesn't matter how you try to spin it. Of course Jared Taylor racist, as is everyone that posts on his site and other affiliated sites, so you're supporting a racist, which makes you racist!
Righty: Those crime statistics come from the FBI, so Jared Taylor has to be right, even if he's a racist!
Lefty: Not quite. The figures are from the FBI, yes...but statistics require context and objective interpretation in order to make proper sense of them. Here are the FBI and Justice Department's own interpretation of the statistics, along with countless other very credible people saying virtually the same thing...which is in fact opposite to what you and Jared Taylor are saying
Righty: Those are all libtard cultural marxist commies who are indoctrinating students and oppressing white males!

Except that I think most conservatives would say what I said, that it's mainly due to fatherless households.

• waygo0k
  • The Legend

• Chungnam
« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2019, 01:37:07 pm »
The fact that you can't even see the irony in your own statement is sad. Even after everything that has been presented that demonstrates said statement is wrong...and yes, racist.

Except that I think most conservatives would say what I said, that it's mainly due to fatherless households.

• NorthStar
  • Super Waygook

• July 05, 2017, 10:54:06 am
    • Seoul
« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2019, 02:27:34 pm »

Spot on.