Read 320 times

3 week summer camp??
« on: February 28, 2019, 06:13:42 am »
Hello everyone,

I was wondering if you could help me with this. I just moved to Seoul and I'm placed at an elementary school via EPIK. I was told yesterday by my new co teacher that I'll be doing 3 week summer camp. Which will only allow me to use 5 days of vacation. She said for winter camp it'll be 2 weeks, so I can use 15 days of vacation then. Does this seem right? I'm trying to look over my contract to see if it says anything about when to use vacation days etc. I've never heard of a school doing 3 week camps. (I transferred from Busan)

Re: 3 week summer camp??
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2019, 08:15:41 am »
if you're happy where you are and you are getting your full holiday entitlement over the duration of the contract, then I'd let it go.  the summer break is short anyway, without you having to do three weeks, but if they're letting you take an extended winter break then I don't really see a problem.  a lot of others here have been in the same situation. 

• Piggydee
  • The Legend

• October 15, 2013, 07:32:43 am
    • South Korea
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2019, 08:32:30 am »
Same here.  I usually get a short summer break with a very long winter break to make up for it.  Considering a lot of us are going to get 26 days off this year I will see how this pans out

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2019, 09:08:18 am »
Same here.  I usually get a short summer break with a very long winter break to make up for it.  Considering a lot of us are going to get 26 days off this year I will see how this pans out

Seoul only has 21 days. They haven't implemented the 26 days yet.