« on: February 23, 2019, 09:51:44 pm »
z
use google to search the site

site:waygook.org XXXX

replace 'XXXX' with your search term

Re: 2019 Grade 5 YBM 1 - 4. Let's Go Camping
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2019, 03:05:36 pm »
Need and idea for a game...

I was thinking maybe "fruit basket" but I'm scared that it will be chaos in the classroom.

So , here's how "Fruit Basket" works.
1. *There needs to be one less chair than there are students to start*
2. Everyone will be given an activity from the unit (swimming, camping, etc) maybe a necklace with a picture.
3. One student will come up front and say, Let's go _______.
4. Whatever activity he/she calls, those students have to get up and change seats, him/her included.
5. Whoever is left without a seat has to come to the front and the game continues.
6. Bonus: If the student at the front says, "Let's go home" every student must get up and change seats.

It's a fun game, I'm just scared of the chaos.
Any other ideas or recommendations??

-Rosebud

• hangook77
  • Expert Waygook

• September 14, 2017, 09:10:12 am
    • Near Busan
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2019, 12:59:54 pm »
Late chapter review and scrambled word quiz.  Add a couple of your own pictures.

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2019, 09:27:35 am »
Teachers01 re Fruit basket.
Probably too late as you posted this last week but, I would suggest the student who is calling the fruit should pull out a flashcard from a bag - otherwise they might have difficulty in thinking of an item.  Possibly have enough chairs for all students to start with and you call for a couple of rounds, then take away a chair.  Depending on how long you have to play - have the students pass their card to the person next to them - to keep them on their toes!  You could do this after 4 or 5 seat changes if you think it would work well.

My comment re this lesson
The chant has the sentence 'We can make a plan for holiday'.  This is not grammatically correct (it was correct in 'Look and Listen' - but not here.  I am hoping to be able to squeeze in the 'the' in the chant - otherwise they are just practising in incorrect sentence!

I have made a 'booklet' for the students (for my afterschool Reading Club' with the English and Korean translations for this textbook.  It is attached.

Also some flashcards for this unit.