• Veteran

• August 29, 2017, 01:44:30 pm
Re: 2019 Grade 5 YBM 1 - 2. I'm in the Kitchen
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2019, 03:35:37 pm »
My folder so far

- intro ppt

- Kakao speaking game

- Pokemon matching game

- Where are you? game I used Nezumi1991's game sheet as a base and changed the rules and format around. They can play in teams of two in their groups. Basically each team is given 6 stickers (if you don't have sticker paper you can easily just have them glue the pictures or write down the names) and one board game. They hide the 6 stickers in different rooms and have their opponents try and guess where they hid their 6 stickers using the target expressions.

- Chicken Cha Cha Cha Game. My CT showed me this game and thought it looked fun. Credit to the original creator. I just adapted the pieces for this lesson. Warning: this will require some prep. Every team will need:
         + 4 paper cups for game pieces (1 per student)
         + 12 picture cards (If you wish to make a bigger board game simply double these)
         + 12 sentence cards
         + 12 colored straws as the feathers (or you can get creative and use anything
           from pencils to pieces of paper. As long as each cup has at least 3).
         Here's a youtube link explaining the game rules. Super helpful!
         https://www.youtube.com/watch?
         v=1f2XMSz0bvA

- Bomb Reading. My CT introduced me to this. Instead of reading the story like we usually do we use this ppt to make it funner. Split class into 6 teams. Each team takes turns reading 1, 2 or 3 words at a time. The object of the game is to avoid the bombs hidden in the text. If a team finds a bomb then they are out and cannot continue in the game. The last team remaining wins. You can play two rounds if time allows.

- Elimination reading game with kpop. Kpop means stay standing, X means you're out, heart means you can revive another student who is out. Winner is last person standing.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1mgTtzt8J4...cfjTtgtlJIwvkk4
« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 12:52:19 pm by gj148 »

• stopngo43
  • Waygookin

• February 23, 2012, 05:43:15 pm
    • South Korea
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2019, 08:30:52 am »
This is some amazing material. Thanks for making and sharing. I suck at PowerPoint so I was worried about having materials for the new book.

• CMC2668
  • Waygookin

• May 07, 2012, 01:08:26 pm
    • south korea
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2019, 04:33:14 pm »
Here is a Telepathy Game about rooms of the house and a telepathy game answer sheet. To play the game, show the YouTube video below and Pause the video when you see the pause sign to give students enough time to write down the answer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhdzdQjlI64

If you dont know telepathy game, its a simple game but the students usually like it. There are two possible answers and students must use 'Telepathy' to read the teacher's mind and guess the answer. I usually use this game to practice reading / writing, but it can also be used for speaking by pausing the video and drilling the key expressions or asking students to tell you their answer etc. Students can work in teams or on their own. Enjoy. :)

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2019, 11:50:23 am »
Rock paper scissors speaking board game.  Students play rock-paper-scissors, then say a dialogue about which room various characters are in.  I took most of the pictures from some of gj148's material, so thanks!

Also, this song is kinda perfect for this lesson: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DR5qPNPGCmY
« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 12:11:25 pm by vicarious »

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2019, 12:00:52 pm »
Unique rooms motivation/warm-up/key expression practice.  I asked my students "what room are you in?" and they had to guess the answer.  (I stole a few pictures from Mr. C, so thanks!)

And also a memory game activity I made.  Show the students a room for maybe 20 seconds and then see how many things they can remember that are in the room. 

• hangook77
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 14, 2017, 09:10:12 am
    • Near Busan
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2019, 08:41:23 am »
Updated from a previous housing cheonje lesson.  (Hence the Halloween theme.  Can be played as Telepathy or as a kind of hidden stars game.  Updated textbook expressions.)