Read 1223 times

• debbiem89
  • Super Waygook

• August 30, 2016, 09:42:49 am
    • South Korea
Re: Cleaning Toilets at McDonald's
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2019, 09:41:01 am »
I'm pretty gobsmacked at the entitlement of some of the people on this thread.

It's a fast food restaurant, clean your damn table. That's how these places work, if you don't like it then eat elsewhere.

The big wigs at these companies don't care if you clean your dirty table or not. You're spending your money there anyway..the only people it affects is the staff behind the counter. Congratulations on your big take down.

Only an absolute loser thinks they're taking a "stand" by not cleaning their table at McDonald's.

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2019, 09:59:53 am »
The virtue signaling is strong in this thread.

Again, I don't think "Guy who leaves his trash behind at McDonald's" is really the hill you want to die on.

Pretty much everyone here has dealt with someone leaving their crap behind, either as a customer or employee or both. There's near unanimous agreement that such a person is a giant ass.

« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2019, 10:18:37 am »
The virtue signaling is strong in this thread.

Again, I don't think "Guy who leaves his trash behind at McDonald's" is really the hill you want to die on.

Pretty much everyone here has dealt with someone leaving their crap behind, either as a customer or employee or both. There's near unanimous agreement that such a person is a giant ass.

That's the whole point of virtue signaling. You pile in on someone you think no one else will defend. The angrier you get at them, the more virtuous you appear to others.

• SPQR
  • Veteran

• March 08, 2018, 07:04:54 pm
    • Canada
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2019, 10:31:55 am »
If NOBODY cleaned their tables. McDonald's managers would NEED to hire more staff. Unemployment would decrease. I'm part of the solution. You clods are doormats. I can imagine a few years ago some fat cat at a McD board meeting saying, "I bet I can get these idiot customers to clean our restaurants for us." Boss would say, " No way Johnson. People aren't that stupid. But if you do, that second Veyron is yours."

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 31, 2016, 07:13:57 pm
    • NZ
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2019, 10:38:40 am »
McDonalds I've been to in Korea have always been relatively clean.
I feel sorry for KFC staff. Anytime I've been into one of their restuarants there is a maximum of 2 staff members. The one at Yongsan ipark at the ktx station is always insanely busy and there are 2 poor teenagers trying to manage it all. As such the tables, floors etc are covered in a thin veener of grease and slime
 Doubt it's ever cleaned during ooening hours.

The KFC in my hometown is always greatly under staffed all the time too!

As for the mcdonalds thing, I love using the kiosks, but I hate human interaction :p

« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2019, 10:43:08 am »
That's the whole point of virtue signaling. You pile in on someone you think no one else will defend. The angrier you get at them, the more virtuous you appear to others.
Or you've dealt with that crap before and think it's awful to see it promoted. The person came on here and TAUNTED everyone else.

• JVPrice
  • Expert Waygook

• August 29, 2017, 10:26:13 am
    • Cheongju
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2019, 10:46:35 am »
Or you've dealt with that crap before and think it's awful to see it promoted. The person came on here and TAUNTED everyone else.

^^^ Just because we want to call out awful behavior doesn't mean we want to make ourselves look good.
The World Ends With You

« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2019, 10:46:59 am »

So you're a 'survivor' of unwanted fast food packaging left on tables, are you?

« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2019, 11:00:45 am »
So you're a 'survivor' of unwanted fast food packaging left on tables, are you?
Fine, whatever. Side with OP. Go ahead and leave your trash behind as a way to stick it to the man.

• zola
  • The Legend

• September 30, 2012, 06:56:11 am
    • Korea
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2019, 11:22:54 am »
Who remembers at daves esl cafe, probably 5ish years ago, some guy went into Paris baguette and got pissy about something and ripped open a bag of bread sticks or something and demanded to pay for only 2 of the sticks as opposed to the whole bag. There was probably more to the story i cant remember. This thread reminds me of that a little bit.
Kpip! - Martin 2018

• Adel
  • Expert Waygook

• January 30, 2015, 12:50:26 am
    • The Abyss
    more
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2019, 11:45:14 am »
Now at McDonald's they expect customers to do these things:

1-input your order using a terminal
2-act as a waiter and carry food to the table
3-clean up the table when your done eating
4-act as a waiter again and bring your tray to the garbage station
5-act as a recycling center worker and separate materials into each compartment

Where is this crap going to end? Cleaning toilets next?

Personally I don't do 1, 3, 4, 5

Classy !

• JNM
  • The Legend

• January 19, 2015, 10:16:48 am
    • Seoul, South Korea
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2019, 01:32:33 pm »
Counterpoint: entertaining my own order into the computer means that the biggest error-generation point is addressed.

• CO2
  • The Legend

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Gunpo
    more
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2019, 01:35:26 pm »
Counterpoint: entertaining my own order into the computer means that the biggest error-generation point is addressed.

Yeah, but now you have to un-ironically ask yourself, out loud,

The joys of fauxtherhood

• kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2019, 02:45:56 pm »
Not to put too fine a point on it, but... ...  ...why were you at a McDonalds?
You should be complaining about how Lotteria expects you to do those exact same things.

You are here in Korea. You should eat Korean fast food garbage!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 02:52:46 pm by kyndo »

• LIC
  • Veteran

• February 15, 2019, 04:39:00 pm
    • NE Hemisphere
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2019, 05:10:58 pm »
If NOBODY cleaned their tables. McDonald's managers would NEED to hire more staff. Unemployment would decrease. I'm part of the solution. You clods are doormats. I can imagine a few years ago some fat cat at a McD board meeting saying, "I bet I can get these idiot customers to clean our restaurants for us." Boss would say, " No way Johnson. People aren't that stupid. But if you do, that second Veyron is yours."

This. Plus the stick (a dash of guilt) and the carrot (you're helping the environment) and and patrons become unpaid staff.

I clean up after myself simply because I'm neat and tidy, in every aspect of my life. It has nothing to do with how anyone else feels about anything. It's purely personal.