Read 3356 times

• Danield
  • Adventurer

• April 02, 2011, 03:10:43 pm
    • Cheju
Re: Would you be a looser back home?
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2019, 12:17:07 pm »
No, but I would be more unhappy. Was working a high stress consulting job before working about 12-14 hours a day. Teaching is so low stress compared to this and get to spend time with kids. It's pretty great.

• L I
  • The Legend

• October 03, 2011, 01:50:58 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2019, 12:26:54 pm »
Buying a house in London or major cities is beyond the reach of todayís generation.

Who's buying the houses? Seems like a lot out there are willing and able to the fork over the going rate. Supply and demand sets prices and there's quite a lot of demand. Folks want to move to where the high paying jobs are.

• L I
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2019, 12:28:44 pm »
You'll just keep teaching until you draw your last breath, living in employer provided housing?

Not passionate at all about teaching English. Iím teaching science now which is a little more rewarding but like most teachers I battle moody and disruptive teenagers. It gets very disheartening very quickly.

I am 41 and donít want to retrain or risk opening a business.

« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2019, 01:14:53 pm »
Ok. Well you have revealed very little about yourself.

Show us the path to success so we can emulate you.  :rolleyes:

« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2019, 10:01:04 am »
I'd like to think I wasn't. Had good friends, went out and had fun occasionally. I was never really a loser, just interested in a diverse amount of things.

• thunderlips
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• June 07, 2012, 10:01:55 am
    • South Korea
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2019, 12:13:45 pm »
I'd like to think I wasn't. Had good friends, went out and had fun occasionally. I was never really a loser, just interested in a diverse amount of things.

Please stay on topic this is about loosers.

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 31, 2016, 07:13:57 pm
    • NZ
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2019, 12:21:08 pm »
Buying a house in London or major cities is beyond the reach of todayís generation.

Who's buying the houses? Seems like a lot out there are willing and able to the fork over the going rate. Supply and demand sets prices and there's quite a lot of demand. Folks want to move to where the high paying jobs are.

In New Zealand, it's rich Chinese and Indian families buying the houses, driving the prices, and rent, way up :o

• thunderlips
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• June 07, 2012, 10:01:55 am
    • South Korea
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2019, 01:00:17 pm »

In New Zealand, it's rich Chinese and Indian families buying the houses, driving the prices, and rent, way up :o

Sounds like someone is a shooter in training. ;)

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 31, 2016, 07:13:57 pm
    • NZ
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2019, 01:11:27 pm »

I'm a full on Kiwi, and the shooter was Australian, so I think I'm nowhere near it, as I'm the complete opposite of an Aussie. :P

• hangook77
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 14, 2017, 09:10:12 am
    • Near Busan
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2019, 02:40:05 pm »

I'm a full on Kiwi, and the shooter was Australian, so I think I'm nowhere near it, as I'm the complete opposite of an Aussie. :P

It's not supply and demand and it's only partially foreigners.  It's local governments setting up red tape, restricting new building and erroneous zoning requirements.  In San Francisco, for example, you can spend a million dollars on paperwork and still have your application turned down for everything from historical properties to environmental reasons, to councils pleasing this group or that group.  Meanwhile, cities, like Houston approved lots for a couple of hundred thousand people and has lower housing prices for a big city.  Very few restrictions.  Sadly, most western big cities resemble the San Francisco model to varying degrees. 

It's artificial restrictions and the poor and the middle classes are paying the ultimate price, including even being homeless.  I'd kick out every left wing local progressive council if I could.  Maybe someday folks will wake up.  Until then, argue your asses off.  Extreme restrictions on new supply are clearly not meeting the demand.  Taxes on foreign absentee land owners also can be useful as has been done in Vancouver (though they may still not free up land or allow too many new condo high rises to be built). 

• L I
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2019, 06:12:52 pm »
Americaís tech hub is leading the country in wage growth

San Francisco boasted the highest annual salary of all the cities tracked in the reportómore than $17,000 above the national average.

Software engineers in San Francisco, for example, have seen 4.6 percent year-over-year wage growth and a median base salary of $121,956

Demand for these jobs is growing: San Francisco has seen job openings increase by nearly 35 percent year over year.

San Francisco minimum wage is currently $15.00 per hour. On July 1, 2019, the San Francisco minimum wage will increase to $15.59.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-10-02/san-francisco-leads-the-u-s-in-wage-growth

• Mr C
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• October 17, 2012, 03:00:40 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2019, 11:08:09 pm »
In San Francisco, for example, you can spend a million dollars on paperwork
Betcha that's not true.

« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2019, 02:11:50 am »
Yes. Of  course.

• VanIslander
  • Moderator LVL 1

• June 02, 2011, 10:12:19 am
    • Seogwipo, Jeju Island
    more
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2019, 08:12:50 am »
Righty tighty...
Lefty loosey...

I'd be tighter with money but looser with women.

• oglop
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• August 25, 2011, 07:24:54 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2019, 05:45:25 am »
I don't like whites/blacks who come here to teach English nor do I like those AmeriKKKAn soldiers
uhh... what?

« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2019, 07:39:04 am »
Righty tighty...
Lefty loosey...

Considering these new facts... I'm a lefty, so I suppose I am looser than any righty (statistically, most of the population), regardless of which country I happen to be in. No matter where I go, I will always be looser.

• JNM
  • The Legend

• January 19, 2015, 10:16:48 am
    • Seoul, South Korea
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2019, 07:41:58 am »
Righty tighty...
Lefty loosey...

Considering these new facts... I'm a lefty, so I suppose I am looser than any righty (statistically, most of the population), regardless of which country I happen to be in. No matter where I go, I will always be looser.

Thatís a tight argument.

« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2019, 12:09:02 pm »
Went home for six months trying to make it work, I could've if our internet speed wasn't so slow and expensive. To everyone I met, I sounded cool and like I had my shit together when I talked about my life and was told how lucky I am. But in reality, I am a f*cking loser. So, here I am again in this damn hell of a sexist, racist, dog-meat-eating, ass-hole  country.

« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2019, 12:18:42 pm »
Went home for six months trying to make it work, I could've if our internet speed wasn't so slow and expensive.
excuse me, WHAT?

« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2019, 04:52:25 pm »
I don't like whites/blacks who come here to teach English nor do I like those AmeriKKKAn soldiers
uhh... what?

looks like bonker12 got the ban hammer. 

Went home for six months trying to make it work, I could've if our internet speed wasn't so slow and expensive. To everyone I met, I sounded cool and like I had my shit together when I talked about my life and was told how lucky I am. But in reality, I am a f*cking loser. So, here I am again in this damn hell of a sexist, racist, dog-meat-eating, ass-hole  country.

how does the internet affect making home work?  not taking the piss here, curious.   saw your other post,  seems like you're in a rut.  maybe focus on your art passions and just treat your job like a job.   make 1 comic strip a week.