Read 288 times

• fishead
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• April 23, 2010, 07:58:05 am
    • Yangju Korea
Good delaying tactics for dealing with recruiters
« on: February 07, 2019, 07:55:20 am »
 What is the best way to delay having to respond to agents when you are waiting for a more desirable position from another agent. Example I am waiting on Korea Horizons a job I really want I keep getting class from hogwan agents.
I don't want to put all my eggs in one basket.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 07:57:30 am by fishead »

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 31, 2016, 07:13:57 pm
    • NZ
Re: Good delaying tactics for dealing with recruiters
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2019, 08:16:48 am »
I usually say that I'm still waiting on the reference letters / criminal records. As those are things you can't just get at a drop of the hat, they require waiting on others.

• fishead
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• April 23, 2010, 07:58:05 am
    • Yangju Korea
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2019, 08:30:26 am »
I usually say that I'm still waiting on the reference letters / criminal records. As those are things you can't just get at a drop of the hat, they require waiting on others.

He knows I already have them. I am good to go. However I am having difficulties prioritising my options when working with pushy recruiters. Can you sign a contract and back out of it if something better comes along?

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2019, 09:24:04 am »

He knows I already have them. I am good to go. However I am having difficulties prioritising my options when working with pushy recruiters. Can you sign a contract and back out of it if something better comes along?

You can always ask for a reference or two, from folks that have been placed by the agencies you are communicating with.  That very well may induce a long silence.

Agents are rubbish...for the most part.