Read 475 times

• shostager
  • Super Waygook

• November 06, 2012, 06:08:10 am
Cleantopia Ironed My Dress Weirdly. How to Fix?
« on: January 30, 2019, 08:25:56 pm »
So I gave Cleantopia one of my dresses, not realizing that the design on the front was going to be pressed into oblivion. It now needs to be ironed back (I think? or reshaped in some way), and I don't have the skills to do this. Do I take it to a tailor? Or is there another business I could take it to?

(original design attached, to see the intricacy if that at all affects your answer)

It's also mostly cotton, so not a particularly fancy/hard to work with material, I think.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 07:45:51 am by shostager »

Re: Cleantopia Ironed My Dress Weirdly. How to Fix?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2019, 07:41:40 am »
Uggg - that sucks. Usually Cleantopia does a good job, but I guess they just didn't pay attention on that one.

I'm not an expert on dresses, but depending on the fabric type, it might not be able to be reshaped.

But if it is able, try to find like a place that specializes in luxury stuff. I'm not sure what hood you live in, but if you go to any sort of fancy or wealthier neighbourhood, there should be plenty of dry cleaners that are used to working with fancy dresses. Hopefully they can just steam it and it'll pop back up. Maybe try looking for something like 명품 세탁소 (luxury drycleaner) but, like, the word 명품 is thrown around very loosely, so be careful.

• oglop
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• August 25, 2011, 07:24:54 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2019, 11:10:05 am »
You could probably just take it to a 수선집 and ask if they could do it. Those ladies are usually pretty epic at mending clothes

• shostager
  • Super Waygook

• November 06, 2012, 06:08:10 am
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2019, 03:33:57 pm »
Problem solved! I took it to a local 세탁소 that does their stuff on-site, just on the off-chance. I had to do a bit of explaining, even with the picture (the guy was stuck on the color difference at first - I just chose the purple pic because it shows the folds the best, but my dress is a different color - I guess he thought Cleantopia had accidentally dyed it?). But thankfully, there were still little folds sewn in on the sides (impossible to press out), so he figured out you could just line those back up and press them in again.

Four hours later, I go to pick it up, and the lady working there waves me off when I offer a card. Free and fast fix success!

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2019, 11:38:44 am »
Problem solved! I took it to a local 세탁소 that does their stuff on-site, just on the off-chance. I had to do a bit of explaining, even with the picture (the guy was stuck on the color difference at first - I just chose the purple pic because it shows the folds the best, but my dress is a different color - I guess he thought Cleantopia had accidentally dyed it?). But thankfully, there were still little folds sewn in on the sides (impossible to press out), so he figured out you could just line those back up and press them in again.

Four hours later, I go to pick it up, and the lady working there waves me off when I offer a card. Free and fast fix success!

Awesome!