Read 479 times

• miketee888
  • Newgookin

• September 29, 2018, 04:11:56 pm
    • South Korea
Hey folks! I'm going down to Seoul for one night tomorrow (AirBnb in the Gangnam area) and catching a flight for the following day. I don't really have any friends in Seoul (I am in Gunsan) and wanted to ask if anyone have recommendations for foreigner bars or just good ways for me to stay entertained for the night! I'm don't want to pull a all righter or anything like that so I would like to stay in the gangnam area away from hongdae and itaewon. From what I've seen online, Bulldog pub seems to be the best place. Please recommend me some places to go!

• oglop
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• August 25, 2011, 07:24:54 pm
    • Seoul
Re: SOLO RECOMMENDATIONS IN GANGNAM ?, GOT ONE DAY ALONE IN GANGNAM!
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2019, 02:36:53 pm »
bulldog's is closed down. just go to itaewon or hongdae and get a taxi back. gangnam is lame

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2019, 07:52:36 am »
Gangnam is awful. Go anywhere but Gangnam.

If you're looking for a place to drink, Sinnonhyeon is pretty decent (adjacent to Gangnam) but you won't meet any foreigners there and it'll be weird going by yourself.

Listen to waygook.org user oglop and go somewhere less bad.

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2019, 09:30:52 am »
bulldog's is closed down. just go to itaewon or hongdae and get a taxi back. gangnam is lame
Bulldog closed? When did that happen?

Woodstock is usually open. Kathy is open still I think. Goose Island Brewhouse? Search for '강남역 혼술집' on Naver and see what pops up.

If you're by yourself, just go to a hotel bar. Is your AirBnB like a legit residence? Get a few cans of brew and watch some tv. Or did you couch surf in someone's hovel? In which case, this is why you stay in hotels- the hotel bar. Stop traveling like a bum.

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2019, 07:18:16 pm »
I was just at bulldog a few weeks ago so I don't think its closed down! Its the best bar to go to by yourself in Gangnam as a foreigner.

• oglop
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• August 25, 2011, 07:24:54 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2019, 07:31:49 pm »
right, there's 2 pubs in gangnam called bulldogs apparently. the british one closed down long ago, anyway