Read 404 times

• Tyedude
  • Veteran

• August 01, 2013, 11:31:04 pm
    • Gimhae, South Korea
I have lived in Korea for many years now.  My parents are getting up in age and i still have quite a few personal belongings that, if I don't ship to Korea soon, will be thrown out when they downsize their living space.  I want to ship to Korea but can't find any info that is not express air shipping.  I don't care if these things take months to arrive I just want them out of my parents house.  I am visiting them in February to help them prepare their things to move and would like to ship my things at that time as well.  Anyone have any ideas?

Try Parcel Monkey, NEX shipping, DHL, FedEX, UPS, OhMyZip, Box Oregon etc.  You can negotiate the price.  They'll send it freight if you ask them to.

• gogators!
  • The Legend

• March 16, 2016, 04:35:48 pm
    • Seoul
Try the post office. You'll want to send it by ship. It will take a while but that's definitely the cheapest method.

I don't think the post office does sea shipping any more. They don't to Europe, anyway. I also recommend Parcel Monkey. I got something sent to Korea from the UK for about 1/3 the price of the default shipping option.

Also, there are companies that specialize in sending stuff on cargo ships, but you'll pay quite a high minimum fee, as they basically rent you a container cube in just a few standard sizes. It can work out economically if you have a lot of stuff and can cleverly fit it into the cube, but it's not a good option if you're leaving the cube half empty.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 07:26:27 am by Andyman »

• ECG
  • Newgookin

• June 04, 2017, 09:02:11 pm
    • Busan South korea
is there a thread about this but sending stuff by freight from Korea to USA?

• b of nc
  • Veteran

• September 09, 2010, 12:02:53 pm
    • Mom's basement
is there a thread about this but sending stuff by freight from Korea to USA?

You should be able to just go to a post office and ask about "surface shipping"
-Tea Master-in-chief

• thunderlips
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• June 07, 2012, 10:01:55 am
    • South Korea
Usps got rid of surface transport for packages a few years ago. Now only priority mail.