Read 5466 times

Re: Any New Right EFL Teachers in Seoul?
« Reply #160 on: January 16, 2019, 10:59:58 am »
I'm wondering if there are many new Right or Alt Right EFL teachers in Seoul. 100% of the teachers I work with at the university level are Liberal, Leftists, Feminists, lesbians and homosexuals. I've never met anyone who is actually on the Right. I've met a few White Canadian males who are CivNats, or Libertarians, but that's it. I'm just curious if there are any White males in Korea who are on the new right.

Korea for some reason has foreign teachers over represented by liberals and sjw's much larger than the population back home unless home is California, Hawaii, New York, Toronto, etc.

Hey, I'm curious about something, since I've seen it come up elsewhere, maybe in other threads here and on Reddit. How does one qualify as an SJW while living in Korea? What kinds of activities are people doing to earn this status? Are people trying to take down their hagwon bosses for using "problematic" language? That seems unlikely. Throwing chairs through the window when a conservative speaks at a Korean university? Given the laws here on foreigners and protests, I doubt it. Are they organizing viewing parties for livestreamed broadcasts of American campus demonstrations?   

I've worked with dozens of foreigners in Korea and have had a conversation about politics with maybe five of them. None of those conversations indicated that they spent their free time SJW-ing. Apparently, though, this stuff is all over the place. Let's say I wanted to get in on the SJW action. Where would I find it?

You don't need to have a political discussion with anyone or be involved in any activities. It'd probably go something like this.

Hangook77 is in the pub with a group of teachers. Someone brings up the latest Gillette advert. Someone says 'ha ha I heard it's really triggered all those Alt Right twats like Fox news and Tucker Carlson'. 'Ha ha yes' everyone else agrees. The woman in the group says 'actually I think it was celebrating men's capacity for change'. Hangook77 says nothing and clocks the entire table as SJWs
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 11:59:42 am by eggieguffer »

« Reply #161 on: January 16, 2019, 04:00:33 pm »
I'm wondering if there are many new Right or Alt Right EFL teachers in Seoul. 100% of the teachers I work with at the university level are Liberal, Leftists, Feminists, lesbians and homosexuals. I've never met anyone who is actually on the Right. I've met a few White Canadian males who are CivNats, or Libertarians, but that's it. I'm just curious if there are any White males in Korea who are on the new right.

Korea for some reason has foreign teachers over represented by liberals and sjw's much larger than the population back home unless home is California, Hawaii, New York, Toronto, etc.

Yes. Most people are from where most of the people are from.

« Reply #162 on: January 17, 2019, 11:22:39 am »
Hangook77 is in the pub with a group of teachers. Someone brings up the latest Gillette advert. Someone says 'ha ha I heard it's really triggered all those Alt Right twats like Fox news and Tucker Carlson'. 'Ha ha yes' everyone else agrees. The woman in the group says 'actually I think it was celebrating men's capacity for change'. Hangook77 says nothing and clocks the entire table as SJWs

That Gillette commercial is anti-White male. It was also made by Jews. The brandís ad agency, Grey Global Group, was founded by Lawrence Valenstein, who is Jewish.

Does anyone here ever watch VertigoPolitx's videos? Here's one on how Western societies are anti-White male:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3WGRcB5VkM

« Last Edit: January 17, 2019, 02:21:29 pm by Seouler Power »

« Reply #163 on: January 17, 2019, 11:40:22 am »
What are Jewish people supposed to do? Not found companies? Not have those companies be successful?

« Reply #164 on: January 17, 2019, 12:20:35 pm »
This topic still existing shows Waygook doesn't care about white supremacists.
Quote from: Mr.DeMartino on Yesterday at 01:40:32 PM

Trump is a liar and a con man.

« Reply #165 on: January 17, 2019, 12:33:41 pm »
This topic still existing shows Waygook doesn't care about white supremacists.
Well, after the last post by Seouler Power, it's pretty clear it needs to come down. It was one thing to mention a controversial author. It's another to have this. I'm pretty big on free speech and live and let live, but from a purely business standpoint, I'd nuke the thread.

However, this is one poster. As far as bigotry goes, after this the closest thing is a lot of the Korea haters.

« Reply #166 on: January 17, 2019, 12:48:08 pm »
That Gillette commercial is anti-White male

That's pretty standard. You can't make an advert these days showing a black guy committing a crime or a middle eastern looking guy harassing a woman. White males have to be the villains.

« Reply #167 on: January 17, 2019, 01:08:59 pm »
"Hey guys, I've got a great idea for the new Colgate campaign. Let's have a black guy committing a crime or a middle eastern looking guy harassing a woman, followed by someone brushing their teeth."

« Reply #168 on: January 17, 2019, 01:11:58 pm »
"Hey guys, I've got a great idea for the new Colgate campaign. Let's have a black guy committing a crime or a middle eastern looking guy harassing a woman, followed by someone brushing their teeth."

But it's OK to show a load of white guys bullying people or harassing women in an advert?

« Reply #169 on: January 17, 2019, 01:18:43 pm »
I don't know. I thought your reference to a Gillette advert above was a joke, but I guess it's a real thing, and we're all expected to lose our shit over it now. I'm not wasting time on it.

« Reply #170 on: January 17, 2019, 01:27:03 pm »

Hey guys I've got a great idea for the new Gillette lady razor campaign. let's have a load of white women committing crimes or exhibiting the kind of bad behaviour women normally do, like making false rape claims, lying about paternity or making bitchy comments about other women's appearance Then at the end of the ad we can show some women of colour telling the white women to cut it out, so when people complain about it we can say we're actually promoting a positive message about (white) women wanting to improve.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2019, 01:30:44 pm by eggieguffer »

« Reply #171 on: January 17, 2019, 01:27:38 pm »
Ah, screw it, I gave in. There are lots of non-white men in it. Actually, since you claim to be against tokenism and diverstiy quotas, do you think the producers should have gone out of their way to recruit more minority actors, even if they are overrepresented in the ad? Maybe the white actors worked harder and had more impressive resumes than the minorities who auditioned.

« Reply #172 on: January 17, 2019, 01:35:41 pm »
Do you guys have any idea how much your absurd overreactions resemble exactly the kind of behavior that you condemn in so-called SJWs?

You find a piece of media problematic because its portrayal of race and gender is not to your satisfaction, and risks perpetuating stereotypes and offending the demographic categories that you believe are unfairly portrayed. How is that any different to, say, some feminist vlogger complaining about video games?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2019, 01:37:26 pm by Andyman »

« Reply #173 on: January 17, 2019, 01:37:46 pm »
When I'm watching football, I really want to have a razor ad preach to me.

I don't really mind the ad, I just think they could have done an ad with a similar message, but used humor to challenge what they see as toxic masculinity and encourage different ways. Anyways, if you don't like it, just change the channel and don't buy their products. Andyman is right, people flipping out over this need to chill.

« Reply #174 on: January 17, 2019, 01:45:17 pm »
Any time a big corporation tries to produce some socially conscious ad, the result is always stupid, and usually backfires on the company. This has been going on for decades. Laugh at it and move on.

« Reply #175 on: January 17, 2019, 01:57:21 pm »
Anyways, if you don't like it, just change the channel and don't buy their products.

Better yet, join an ad agency and start agitating for more ads with black men committing crimes and Middle Eastern men harassing women.

« Reply #176 on: January 17, 2019, 02:02:23 pm »
Do you guys have any idea how much your absurd overreactions resemble exactly the kind of behavior that you condemn in so-called SJWs?

You find a piece of media problematic because its portrayal of race and gender is not to your satisfaction, and risks perpetuating stereotypes and offending the demographic categories that you believe are unfairly portrayed. How is that any different to, say, some feminist vlogger complaining about video games?

I think the difference is intention. Most of the things SJWs complain about are unintentionally racist/sexist etc if at all, whereas ads like this are quite obviously intended as an attack on a certain group of people in society. And indicative of a general political movement.

• waygo0k
  • The Legend

• September 27, 2011, 11:51:01 am
    • Chungnam
« Reply #177 on: January 17, 2019, 02:38:15 pm »
Now you can read peopleís minds and accurately point out their intentions?

Or does this magical power only work when you feel white males are in inherent danger of being discriminated against?

One thing I will say about Gillette though...itís for sensitive skin afterall  :laugh: :laugh:

If I were on their marketing team, the next Gillette product to hit the shelves would be called snowflake.

« Reply #178 on: January 17, 2019, 02:48:09 pm »
The right failed in freaking out over Gillette, the left failed in freaking out over Trump serving McDonald's.

Companies have always done stupid soppy vaguely political ads. We never used to freak out over them. Usually we'd just groan and change the channel and in a few weeks the ad would disappear. Now it's "OMG Gillette declared war on men!!!!!"

And who gives a shit if Trump served everyone McDonald's? I hope if I ever got an invite to the White House, I wouldn't have such a stick up my rear that I'd complain over getting all you can eat fast food served on the fancy china. In fact, that would be pretty neat.

« Reply #179 on: January 17, 2019, 02:55:00 pm »
Now you can read peopleís minds and accurately point out their intentions?

Or does this magical power only work when you feel white males are in inherent danger of being discriminated against?

One thing I will say about Gillette though...itís for sensitive skin afterall  :laugh: :laugh:

If I were on their marketing team, the next Gillette product to hit the shelves would be called snowflake.

Yeah, I think this argument

these guys are always the opposite of masculine - wimpy, whiny guys who wish they were anything but).

might be more persuasive in a thread where the defenders of traditional masculinity weren't making pouty-faced claims about being attacked by an ad for razors.