Read 640 times

• JohnD
  • Adventurer

• August 02, 2016, 08:56:46 pm
    • South Korea
Do I need a new FBI background check
« on: January 04, 2019, 10:26:57 pm »
Before anyone asks, I did do my research about FBI background checks, but I haven't found anything recently new about it.

I got my FBI background check in 2016. I was an E2, but now F6. I'm planning to apply for EPIC, but this school wants a new FBI background check, but wouldn't my old one be still valid? Also, I haven't left the country for 90 days if that makes a difference.

• m.corless
  • Veteran

• August 30, 2011, 02:55:14 pm
    • Toronto, ON, Canada
Re: Do I need a new FBI background check
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2019, 11:58:40 pm »
You should be able to submit a certified copy of your old one from immigration. EPIK will probably also ask for a certificate of entry/exit (출입국증명서) showing that you haven't left Korea for over 90 days since that old background check.
Once you apply you'll have an EPIK coordinator assigned to you and they can give you more details for your specific situation.

• JohnD
  • Adventurer

• August 02, 2016, 08:56:46 pm
    • South Korea
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2019, 02:51:53 pm »
Thank you :)

• b of nc
  • Veteran

• September 09, 2010, 12:02:53 pm
    • Mom's basement
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2019, 08:31:37 am »
Just to add to the conversation. Some POEs are really sticklers for having brand spanking new background checks. I worked in Gyeongnam and they cut a bunch of jobs. I got my background check back from my school and wanted to reapply to them and they wouldn't take it. I even applied through EPIK and asked about getting back and they said it would have to be a new one.  So some Provinces are okay but others are not. If they say "No" and you are speaking directly with them then they mean "no" usually.
-Tea Master-in-chief

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2019, 11:17:17 am »
Just to add to the conversation. Some POEs are really sticklers for having brand spanking new background checks. I worked in Gyeongnam and they cut a bunch of jobs. I got my background check back from my school and wanted to reapply to them and they wouldn't take it. I even applied through EPIK and asked about getting back and they said it would have to be a new one.  So some Provinces are okay but others are not. If they say "No" and you are speaking directly with them then they mean "no" usually.

yep.  even though immigration is fine with the copies, some education offices are still requiring that you get new background checks for the jobs. 

• Cyanea
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 04, 2016, 01:48:24 pm
    • Las Vegas
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2019, 11:57:31 pm »
some education offices are still requiring that you get new background checks for the jobs.

They are idiots.

You should not have to keep proving that you are not a criminal over and over even when you've already submitted the documents already.

Teachers need to stand up to these morons and tell them to get stuf*ed.

What it comes down to is some ajosshi sat at a desk who watched an sbs documentary about foreigners being criminals. They are putting foreigners to excessive inconvenience by repeatedly demanding the same documents.

Its too much hassle to have to get new docs every time you change jobs. Ridiculous.
Catch my drift?

• m.corless
  • Veteran

• August 30, 2011, 02:55:14 pm
    • Toronto, ON, Canada
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2019, 10:51:17 am »
Just to add to the conversation. Some POEs are really sticklers for having brand spanking new background checks. I worked in Gyeongnam and they cut a bunch of jobs. I got my background check back from my school and wanted to reapply to them and they wouldn't take it.

Yes, true, Gyeongnam is picky. If you have left Korea for even a day since your previous CRC they want a new one.

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2019, 11:05:11 am »
Yep and people keep putting up with being assumed criminals and having to prove over and over that they're not all to make 2500$ a month and breathe toxic air.  If it weren't so easy to get hot women here, I'd be gone in an instant.