Read 342 times

• fishead
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• April 23, 2010, 07:58:05 am
    • Yangju Korea
Vegans Can you get proper nurishment from just plants?
« on: January 03, 2019, 07:37:10 am »
https://youtu.be/PFnkWjmvMOA

An interesting and disturbing video. I know of the author of this video(SW3RIDGE) and I can't say I really agree with everything he has to say. A lot of it is pretty far out. Flat Earth. Raw meat diet.

One thing you certainly can't deny is all these people look pretty sick. I know it's pretty hard to get B12 on a vegan diet. Also lots of these people are other fringe diets such as raw vegan and fruitarians

Re: Vegans Can you get proper nurishment from just plants?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2019, 08:06:02 am »
I was plant based for a few months. It's sustainable but you have to know how to nourish your body properly. You do have to take a B12 supplement if you go vegan and like with any diet, you have to make sure you are getting enough protein, veggies, grains, etc.

If you're interested in the sustainability of veganism or plant based diets, there are tons of documentaries on Netflix. Don't just use one source.

• CO2
  • The Legend

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Gunpo
    more
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2019, 08:21:57 am »
I was vegan for a year back in Toronto and worked out really hard back then. That was the healthiest and best feeling I've ever been.

It's doable but you have to do your research. And not...................... Jeff's Raw Vegan Blog on angelfire. Actual nutrition science. You can get everything from plants, including B12 in the form of yeast (http://redstarnutritionalyeast.com/)

Again, you actually have to know something about nutrition, not "toxins and boogeymen," like so many people do.
The joys of fauxtherhood

• sh9wntm
  • Veteran

• February 23, 2018, 03:23:39 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2019, 10:04:41 am »
If he threw himself into the same video, I honestly wouldn't have been able to distiguish the difference. This guy is a total clown who has a habit of dismissing research and selecting extreme cases that confirm his biases. I'd concede it's more likely to be malnourished on a vegan diet, especially with the lack of B12 in soil today, but plant based diets are generally healthier on every metric of health when properly managed. Mainly becuase meat in particular is very difficult to digest and raises inflammation factors that cause cancer, diabetes, heart disease, obesity. The science on this is pretty concrete.

I was vegan for a year in college and had friends who were absolutely malnourished. I digged deeper into what they were eating and it became pretty clear that many of them had eating disorders and/or all fruit diets. Like some would eat only junk food and very little vegetables, legumes, seeds, and nuts (which are nutritionally dense). Some wouldn't supplement B12. But, there were exceptionally healthy vegans who ate a balanced diet. It really depends on nutrition.

For me, it helped me overcome depression and brought a lot of clarity to my mind. I felt like my blood vessels and lungs could breath better. I had heart palpations and those went away. I lost 20 lbs and rarely got sick. The acne on my face disapeered. I performed better at the gym. Overall, I did feel much healthier.

I eat eggs and cheese now. Especially in Korea, eggs are important for me. I feel optimal with some extra cholesterol. Eggs in particular are high in B12 and choline which are the 2 main things lacking in vegan diets. I supplement with black seed oil which is high in omega-3's, vitamin d in the winter, and eat lots of nuts, grains, seeds, vegetables, and beans. I've never worried about protein. If you're eating enough calories everyday in the form of whole foods, it's very difficult to be protein deficient.

https://youtu.be/PFnkWjmvMOA

An interesting and disturbing video. I know of the author of this video(SW3RIDGE) and I can't say I really agree with everything he has to say. A lot of it is pretty far out. Flat Earth. Raw meat diet.

One thing you certainly can't deny is all these people look pretty sick. I know it's pretty hard to get B12 on a vegan diet. Also lots of these people are other fringe diets such as raw vegan and fruitarians