Read 511 times

Airport check-in
« on: December 17, 2018, 09:24:31 am »
I have an upcoming flight, and am planning to stay near the airport the night before.  Online check in starts 24 hours before, but, my question is: 

Can i go to the airport the night before, check-in, get my boarding passes, and (most importantly) check-in my hold luggage? 

As i will have time to kill the night before, and a morning flight, this will make the morning much easier, if i can just walk straight to security and immigration.

• zola
  • The Legend

• September 30, 2012, 06:56:11 am
    • Korea
Re: Airport check-in
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2018, 09:32:25 am »
Every airport is different and Incheon tends to allow pretty early check in. But I really doubt you could do it that early. I tried to check in 6 hours early once at Narita and they said I couldn't because the luggage allocation system for that flight wasn't open and my suitcase would have no where to go. Maybe ring Incheon and ask?
Kpip! - Martin 2018

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2018, 09:47:37 am »
Every airport is different and Incheon tends to allow pretty early check in. But I really doubt you could do it that early. I tried to check in 6 hours early once at Narita and they said I couldn't because the luggage allocation system for that flight wasn't open and my suitcase would have no where to go. Maybe ring Incheon and ask?

I called the airline, and after a long hold, they said no.  Thanks for your reply.

• waygo0k
  • The Legend

• September 27, 2011, 11:51:01 am
    • Chungnam
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2018, 10:40:13 am »
I was going to say it depends on the airline, but you've already  gotten your answer.

Most airlines will print your boarding pass for you at any time as long as you're already checked-in online. Alternatively, you can print your boarding pass yourself anywhere there is an internet connection and a printer.

Some airlines will allow you to check in your luggage hours before your flight (the earliest I've done is 4hrs), others insist on you checking in luggage at the allocated check-in time (2hrs before boarding etc).

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 31, 2016, 07:13:57 pm
    • NZ
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2018, 10:42:59 am »
I was going to say it depends on the airline, but you've already  gotten your answer.

Most airlines will print your boarding pass for you at any time as long as you're already checked-in online. Alternatively, you can print your boarding pass yourself anywhere there is an internet connection and a printer.

Some airlines will allow you to check in your luggage hours before your flight (the earliest I've done is 4hrs), others insist on you checking in luggage at the allocated check-in time (2hrs before boarding etc).

3-4 hours before a flight, seems to be the norm for checking in luggage.

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2018, 01:04:11 pm »

As long as this doesn't happen...

https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreakout/comments/a6kdyx/drunk_guy_at_incheon_airport_frustrated_at_self/

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2018, 01:25:38 pm »

As long as this doesn't happen...

https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreakout/comments/a6kdyx/drunk_guy_at_incheon_airport_frustrated_at_self/

Please understand his unique situation.....