Read 250 times

• Kalua
  • Newgookin

• December 15, 2018, 01:36:40 pm
Size 6 Boxes?
« on: December 15, 2018, 01:56:28 pm »
Hello everyone,
I've spent a semester here in Korea, and since it's now coming to an end, I need to think about how to get my stuff home to Germany. Considering I wanted to bring some snacks back with me, I wanted to ship as much as I can; I have several things I most likely won't need anytime soon.
I heard that not all countries accept packages using the size 6 boxes, which is exactly the size I'd prefer to use (Chips take up an amazing amount of space if you're shopping for three people). Does anyone have a list which countries take them? Or experience with shipping huge boxes to Germany?
Thanks in advance!

Re: Size 6 Boxes?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2018, 05:17:22 pm »
I seem to remember being told that Korea Post won't let you ship certain size boxes out of the country, size 5 and 6 I think. I could very well be wrong. There are other shipping options but Korea Post is pretty cheap.

Also don't send chips. Any bags with air in them will expand during flight and probably explode, and your delicious chips will end up exposed to air and being stale and gross when they arrive. Even if you use "ground shipping" (the cheap and very good option) instead of EMS airmail, there might be a leg of air travel involved. Try and send things that won't expand so much like cookies and candies.
Quote from: Mr.DeMartino on Yesterday at 01:40:32 PM

Trump is a liar and a con man.