Read 941 times

Re: Experience using KTX/AREX just before Seollal?
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2018, 04:50:31 am »
 Well, you are right to be concerned, about missing a flight and it's good if you can go at a less congested time. For the record, last year, I took a bus to Busan during Chuseok. Instead of the normal 4 hours, the journey lasted 8 hours. I enjoyed my trip to Busan, though.
   I remember arriving at Incheon Airport one evening and deciding to spend the night at Holiday Inn, which is within the airport area. I was to travel to my school in Jeolla Province the next day. Arriving at an airport hotel in the evening and relaxing before an early morning flight can be just great.
   I have used the Arex a lot, and I can say that Seoul Station is always going to be the worst place to connect to Arex. If it's possible, go to Geongdeok.
   As you are now travelling at a normal time, taking the bus directly to the airport is an option. If you are travelling from a fairly major city, you could take a domestic flight. For example, you could fly from Daegu to Incheon. If at all possible, avoid busy places like Seoul Station, and keep your itinerary simple.

Re: Experience using KTX/AREX just before Seollal?
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2018, 07:33:04 am »
Well, you are right to be concerned, about missing a flight and it's good if you can go at a less congested time. For the record, last year, I took a bus to Busan during Chuseok. Instead of the normal 4 hours, the journey lasted 8 hours. I enjoyed my trip to Busan, though.
   I remember arriving at Incheon Airport one evening and deciding to spend the night at Holiday Inn, which is within the airport area. I was to travel to my school in Jeolla Province the next day. Arriving at an airport hotel in the evening and relaxing before an early morning flight can be just great.
   I have used the Arex a lot, and I can say that Seoul Station is always going to be the worst place to connect to Arex. If it's possible, go to Geongdeok.
   As you are now travelling at a normal time, taking the bus directly to the airport is an option. If you are travelling from a fairly major city, you could take a domestic flight. For example, you could fly from Daegu to Incheon. If at all possible, avoid busy places like Seoul Station, and keep your itinerary simple.

Yeah, I'm really glad I decided to change my travel dates. Thanks for the advice about Geongdeok - I'll look into that!