Read 665 times

Experienced teacher looking for a new job in Korea
« on: December 03, 2018, 10:42:48 am »
I'm a 41 year old male from Sydney, Australia who would like to teach English in Korea again someday. I have a Bachelor of Arts degree, a Masters in Primary Teaching and a Graduate TESOL Certificate. I have previously taught English to children in Korea, teens and adults in China and adults in Australia. I also have a little K-6 primary teaching experience in Australia. As a teacher I can offer experience, resourcefulness, kindness and a willingness to work hard and attain positive outcomes

My experience in Korea includes 1 year at Hwasun Elementary School from August 2011-2012 teaching grades 3-6 as an NET. I also have worked in hagwons; I did one year of teaching at YBM ECC in Asan, Chungnam in 2013 and almost a whole year at a hagwon in Incheon in 2007 (due to family reasons I left early along with management not fulfilling their end of the contract, I returned to Korea in 2011 a much more aware and wiser person). I can be contacted via Kakao (Claka), Skype (david.claxton34) or by e-mail at dclaxton34@gmail.com. I can start a new position early next year however I will have to go to Japan for 1-2 weeks in October (I have booked tickets to see a few matches of the Rugby World Cup). I look forward to any interest from employers or recruiters. Thank you.

Re: Experienced teacher looking for a new job in Korea
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2018, 12:53:46 pm »
I'm a 41 year old male from Sydney, Australia who would like to teach English in Korea again someday. I have a Bachelor of Arts degree, a Masters in Primary Teaching and a Graduate TESOL Certificate. I have previously taught English to children in Korea, teens and adults in China and adults in Australia. I also have a little K-6 primary teaching experience in Australia. As a teacher I can offer experience, resourcefulness, kindness and a willingness to work hard and attain positive outcomes

My experience in Korea includes 1 year at Hwasun Elementary School from August 2011-2012 teaching grades 3-6 as an NET. I also have worked in hagwons; I did one year of teaching at YBM ECC in Asan, Chungnam in 2013 and almost a whole year at a hagwon in Incheon in 2007 (due to family reasons I left early along with management not fulfilling their end of the contract, I returned to Korea in 2011 a much more aware and wiser person). I can be contacted via Kakao (Claka), Skype (david.claxton34) or by e-mail at dclaxton34@gmail.com. I can start a new position early next year however I will have to go to Japan for 1-2 weeks in October (I have booked tickets to see a few matches of the Rugby World Cup). I look forward to any interest from employers or recruiters. Thank you.

Are you not worried potential employers might think that's you in the picture?

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2018, 01:19:54 pm »
Pre-arranged time off might be a very hard sell but you have very good credentials so good luck!

• oglop
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• August 25, 2011, 07:24:54 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2018, 02:03:32 pm »

strengths: can eat a waffer thin mint
weaknesses: may explode

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2018, 02:27:46 pm »

strengths: can eat a waffer thin mint
weaknesses: may explode

:smiley:

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2018, 05:59:26 pm »
Thank you alexisalex :)

That's a good point eggieguffer, I'm starting to look more and more like Mr. Creosote (I was 20kg when I was last in Korea) so I may just keep the photo ha,ha!  No seriously, I've had it for years, I'll remove or change it one day soon.