Read 1084 times

EPIK Renewal Bonus - Busan
« on: November 30, 2018, 08:11:15 am »
The documents have been released for contract renewals in Busan; hope everyone who wanted to stay, can stay!

Slight downer...looks like the renewal bonus of 2 million has been reduced to 1.3 million.  At least it's still there I suppose; didn't they get rid of it altogether in Seoul?

• cryden
  • Waygookin

• October 21, 2015, 07:21:35 am
    • Korea
Re: EPIK Renewal Bonus - Busan
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2018, 09:08:06 am »
I'm pretty sure the renewal bonus is still 2 million.  They give you 1.3 million at renewal, and the remaining 700k at the end of your second contract.  If you renew again for a third contract, they'll give you 2 million at renewal, and an additional 700k at the end of your third contract.

Cheers for renewing in Busan!

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2018, 09:42:35 am »
I'm pretty sure the renewal bonus is still 2 million.  They give you 1.3 million at renewal, and the remaining 700k at the end of your second contract.  If you renew again for a third contract, they'll give you 2 million at renewal, and an additional 700k at the end of your third contract.

Cheers for renewing in Busan!

Yeah I think I should double check with her again because she might not have been aware of that "splitting" rule they introduced a couple of years of ago (1.3 upon renewal and then 0.7 upon completion) and misinterpreted the paperwork.

• cryden
  • Waygookin

• Korea
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2018, 10:13:51 am »
I think they did change how they're doing health checks, though.  Last year we brought them to renewal orientation; this time they don't want us to get a check done until after January 1st, and we're supposed to mail it in.  That's what I've been told, at least.  :undecided:

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2018, 10:54:24 am »
I think they did change how they're doing health checks, though.  Last year we brought them to renewal orientation; this time they don't want us to get a check done until after January 1st, and we're supposed to mail it in.  That's what I've been told, at least.  :undecided:

Lol really?  Then I'd definitely better check with my CT again because she didn't mention that at all.  I asked her if I need to take the medical check to the orientation as usual and she just said yes lol  :laugh:

Thanks for the heads up!
« Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 10:57:48 am by alexisalex »

• cryden
  • Waygookin

• Korea
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2018, 12:10:49 pm »
No problem!

I hope it's accurate information. I've attached a picture of the relevant page I got from the BMOE.  I can't read Korean well, though, so I'm just going off what my co-teachers tell me it says.  Please let me know if you find out that I'm wrong!

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2019, 02:06:58 pm »
Hello, I just thought I'd update this thread as I went to the immigration office today to renew my visa (E2).

I didn't realise this but when you run out of space on the back of your ARC (where they print the dates), you have to pay for a new one and you need to provide a new photo.  The orientation guide never mentions this; in fact it says very clearly that you don't need a photo for renewal.  Oh dear.

I also ran into a problem with the tax form that you have to provide.  The document my school gave to me was an old one (because I guess the new one doesn't get finalised until Feb), so the immigration officer couldn't accept it and had to call my school. 

Just a heads up! 

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2019, 07:14:03 am »
Hello, I just thought I'd update this thread as I went to the immigration office today to renew my visa (E2).

I didn't realise this but when you run out of space on the back of your ARC (where they print the dates), you have to pay for a new one and you need to provide a new photo.  The orientation guide never mentions this; in fact it says very clearly that you don't need a photo for renewal.  Oh dear.

I also ran into a problem with the tax form that you have to provide.  The document my school gave to me was an old one (because I guess the new one doesn't get finalised until Feb), so the immigration officer couldn't accept it and had to call my school. 

Just a heads up!

Nice, thanks for this! My school also said they couldn't provide the tax form. Should I just go and have them call my school?

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2019, 08:44:37 am »

Just a heads up!

Nice, thanks for this! My school also said they couldn't provide the tax form. Should I just go and have them call my school?

I would just wait until the up to date tax form is available and then go to immigration.  Honestly I have no idea what she said when she called my school or what's going on with the document.  I guess my school agreed to fax it to them when it's ready.

I was a bit frustrated at how at the orientation they strongly advised us to renew our visas as early as possible but they didn't mention the tax form problem.  I should have realised myself really.

I'll add this here just in case it helps anyone - if you have to pay for a new ARC, you have to find the small ATM in the corner, scan your passport and pay there.  No one explained to me I had to do that.  A disaster all round haha!

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2019, 12:47:25 pm »

Just a heads up!

I would just wait until the up to date tax form is available and then go to immigration.  Honestly I have no idea what she said when she called my school or what's going on with the document.  I guess my school agreed to fax it to them when it's ready.

I was a bit frustrated at how at the orientation they strongly advised us to renew our visas as early as possible but they didn't mention the tax form problem.  I should have realised myself really.

I'll add this here just in case it helps anyone - if you have to pay for a new ARC, you have to find the small ATM in the corner, scan your passport and pay there.  No one explained to me I had to do that.  A disaster all round haha!

I remember someone mentioning they had the problem to me, so I emailed BMOE about it. They said they got two different responses from immigration, one was to go without it (which is what I'm gonna try) and the other was to go to a local tax office to get something comparable (something like that, but it sounds like a hassle).

I just thought it was funny that immigration provided two different answers to BMOE. I'm glad all 3 parties involved (including the teachers) are confused about it.

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2019, 03:10:47 pm »

Just a heads up!

I remember someone mentioning they had the problem to me, so I emailed BMOE about it. They said they got two different responses from immigration, one was to go without it (which is what I'm gonna try) and the other was to go to a local tax office to get something comparable (something like that, but it sounds like a hassle).

I just thought it was funny that immigration provided two different answers to BMOE. I'm glad all 3 parties involved (including the teachers) are confused about it.

Haha classic!  That doesn't even surprise me lol