Read 1961 times

Re: EPIK Coordinator Interview
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2018, 07:53:19 am »
Who applied for the EPIK coordinator post?

I have an interview and unlike most interviews where I can just prepare using my CV and some help from Google. I don't know what to expect from this one? Has anyone ever been through the process? Heeeelp!!!!

I interviewed once for the position after receiving a recommendation from the previous coordinator, I didn't get the job but I can tell you about who did. The person had a degree in communications, and positioned himself as having more HR knowledge. They will ask you hypothetical situations about what you'd do if a teacher is sick or something and doesn't tell their school, how would you handle it. These kinds of things. I took the aspect of defending the office of education's position would be best lol, not being their best friend. Overall, it was a pretty normal interview. In the coordinator position you are very much an HR professional, so market yourself towards that end. Communication skills, conflict resolution abilities, etc... this kinda stuff. goodluck!!

• nzer-in-gyeongnam
  • Moderator - LVL 3

• August 07, 2010, 01:23:29 pm
    • Gyeongnam-do
    more
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2018, 01:25:05 pm »
I was one of the shortlist for the interview as well. Sadly I didn't get the position, but was told my qualifications and experience made it a tough challenge. I really wanted the position as it would have been a stepping stone toward my ultimate goals. I was a little disappointed I didn't get the job honestly.
"It's better to have tried and failed, than never to have tried at all!"
Teach this to your students... they'll thank you for it later!

« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2018, 08:03:29 am »
I was one of the shortlist for the interview as well. Sadly I didn't get the position, but was told my qualifications and experience made it a tough challenge. I really wanted the position as it would have been a stepping stone toward my ultimate goals. I was a little disappointed I didn't get the job honestly.

The standard rejection email. I got that too, I was in denial for a moment though but when it kicked I was bummed probably because I really am not feeling teaching lately. It's really starting to steal my joy... not the kids but the micromanagement of co-teachers. I have to work towards shifting my mindset since I have an entire year here.

« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2018, 08:08:23 am »
I am wondering does anyone knows how to be the regional coordinators?
What is the actual hiring process for that job?
I mean do POE hire coordinators themselves?