Read 1855 times

• gogators!
  • The Legend

• March 16, 2016, 04:35:48 pm
    • Seoul
Re: NBA Finals
« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2019, 12:41:11 am »
The Raptors winning is such a big deal on several levels. As we know the game was invented by a Canadian and the first NBA game ever played was played in Toronto. The first team outside of the USA to win, and the Raptors are Canada's team. They represented a country not a city.

And they beat the dynasty! Winning all 3 games in Oracle Arena. In fact, it's pretty obvious the Raptors simply stomped the Warriors. They dominated every aspect of the series completely. I don't think anyone saw that coming.

Well done. The Bruins blew it but the Raptors have salved my aching sports conscience.

They deserve a lot of credit for taking a big risk on Leonard and Nick Nurse as well.  But they didn't stomp the Warriors.  They're the champs, but it was pretty close to going to seven games. And then who knows?

• LIC
  • Expert Waygook

• February 15, 2019, 04:39:00 pm
    • NE Hemisphere
« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2019, 03:08:12 pm »
The Raptors winning is such a big deal on several levels. As we know the game was invented by a Canadian and the first NBA game ever played was played in Toronto. The first team outside of the USA to win, and the Raptors are Canada's team. They represented a country not a city.

And they beat the dynasty! Winning all 3 games in Oracle Arena. In fact, it's pretty obvious the Raptors simply stomped the Warriors. They dominated every aspect of the series completely. I don't think anyone saw that coming.

Well done. The Bruins blew it but the Raptors have salved my aching sports conscience.

They deserve a lot of credit for taking a big risk on Leonard and Nick Nurse as well.  But they didn't stomp the Warriors.  They're the champs, but it was pretty close to going to seven games. And then who knows?

Nah man, I gotta disagree.

Game 1: Raptors +9
Game 2: GSW +5
Game 3: Raptors +14
Game 4: Raptors +13
Game 5: GSW +1
Game 6: Raptors +4

Raptors outscored 'em by 34 points over 5 games. That's a stompin'

« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2019, 06:20:55 pm »

Yes, you are correct.  And don't forget Raptor's were up like 6 points with a minute left in Game 5.  Really it should have been a 5-game stompin' instead of 6.

• NorthStar
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• July 05, 2017, 10:54:06 am
    • Mouseville
« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2019, 06:41:17 pm »
Well, we al know Kevin D. was out and as soon as he came back...he was gone again.  That hurt the Warriors.  The continued to fight on and I do feel that if Clay T. had not gotten hurt, there would have been a game 7 in Toronto.  If Kevin D. had stayed healthy, it is possible the series would have looked quite differently. 

But, the Warriors have benefited from injuries from opposing teams, as well.....nothing new here.  Be that as it may, the best team won...the healthiest team won. 

• gogators!
  • The Legend

• March 16, 2016, 04:35:48 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2019, 11:28:46 pm »

Yes, you are correct.  And don't forget Raptor's were up like 6 points with a minute left in Game 5.  Really it should have been a 5-game stompin' instead of 6.
Proves my point. Even with a depleted Warriors, Raptors were having a hard time putting them away.  Squeaking by is not "stompin."

• LIC
  • Expert Waygook

• February 15, 2019, 04:39:00 pm
    • NE Hemisphere
« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2019, 10:08:32 am »
I understand, you must be one of those, "If our guys were healthy they wouldn't have had a chance!" people.

The Warriors got stomped. Deal with it. In little known news, Khawi Leonard was playing with a detached head. They had simply stapled it back on and covered the staples with make-up. Lowry was actually dead.

See...everybody plays hurt.