Read 618 times

Teaching grammar
« on: November 20, 2018, 12:59:03 am »
Any recomendation for a book with clear illustrations put learning points in context and make them easy to remember, and simple graphics and annotated sample sentences break down grammar constructions, making even difficult points easy to follow?

Re: Teaching grammar
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2018, 11:34:39 am »
That depends on what grade/level you're teaching. I like most of the books published by Nationa Geographic Learning (i.e. World English, Time Zones, Reading Explorer, TED Talks series, etc.) because each unit follows a theme, they model the grammar within that theme, and then they provide lots of practice exercises to produce the grammar. Then, they typically also provide a reading section and a video/listening section where the student can practice their understanding of the grammar being taught. I think they produce some very good books for teaching grammar, but their level may be a bit too high for many students. I've used parts of them for teaching gifted Elementary school students (so probably middle to high school level students), but they couldn't understand everything, I'm certain. That's why I just used bits and pieces for my lessons.