Read 54992 times

• T_Rex
  • Veteran

• April 23, 2019, 08:10:20 am
Re: US Politics Megathread
« Reply #620 on: August 29, 2019, 08:59:48 am »
WASHINGTON (AP) — Racism in America is an institutional “white man’s problem visited on people of color,” Vice President Joe Biden said, arguing that the way to attack the issue is to defeat President Donald Trump and hold him responsible for deepening the nation’s racial divide.

“White folks are the reason we have institutional racism,” Biden said. “There has always been racism in America. White supremacists have always existed, they still exist.” He added later that in his administration, it would “not be tolerated.”

Biden was also asked whether he would select a woman or person of color as his running mate should he become the nominee....

“Whomever I pick would be preferably someone who was of color and who was of a different gender, but I’m not making that commitment until I know that the person I’m dealing with I can completely, thoroughly trust, is authentic, and is on the same page.”

Trump’s reelection campaign dismissed Biden’s accusation that Trump had inflamed racial tensions in the country.

“Having moved on from the Russia Hoax, Democrats are now employing the oldest play in the Democrat playbook: falsely accusing their opponent of racism, extending it even to the President’s supporters. Calling half the country racist is not a winning strategy,” said Tim Murtaugh, the Trump campaign’s communications director.
https://www.apnews.com/88bd58010e75449eb5748499724df2f2

It sounds like the 2020 election could be a repeat of the 2016 election. If it's not Biden running against Trump then it will likely be Warren running against him. She's certainly not above playing identity politics.

• gogators!
  • The Legend

• March 16, 2016, 04:35:48 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #621 on: August 29, 2019, 09:02:46 am »
WASHINGTON (AP) — Racism in America is an institutional “white man’s problem visited on people of color,” Vice President Joe Biden said, arguing that the way to attack the issue is to defeat President Donald Trump and hold him responsible for deepening the nation’s racial divide.

“White folks are the reason we have institutional racism,” Biden said. “There has always been racism in America. White supremacists have always existed, they still exist.” He added later that in his administration, it would “not be tolerated.”

Biden was also asked whether he would select a woman or person of color as his running mate should he become the nominee....

“Whomever I pick would be preferably someone who was of color and who was of a different gender, but I’m not making that commitment until I know that the person I’m dealing with I can completely, thoroughly trust, is authentic, and is on the same page.”

Trump’s reelection campaign dismissed Biden’s accusation that Trump had inflamed racial tensions in the country.

“Having moved on from the Russia Hoax, Democrats are now employing the oldest play in the Democrat playbook: falsely accusing their opponent of racism, extending it even to the President’s supporters. Calling half the country racist is not a winning strategy,” said Tim Murtaugh, the Trump campaign’s communications director.
https://www.apnews.com/88bd58010e75449eb5748499724df2f2

It sounds like the 2020 election could be a repeat of the 2016 election. If it's not Biden running against Trump then it will likely be Warren running against him. She's certainly not above playing identity politics.
She'll have no choice since identity politics is all trump's got.

• Adel
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• January 30, 2015, 12:50:26 am
    • The Abyss
    more
« Reply #622 on: September 01, 2019, 12:57:07 pm »
« Last Edit: September 01, 2019, 01:03:48 pm by Adel »

« Reply #623 on: September 02, 2019, 06:36:09 am »
Another mass shooting in America....

:rolleyes:

A potentially damaging hurricane trundles towards the east coast of America.

World leaders get together in Poland to commemorate 80 years since the second world war.

trump plays golf

• stoat
  • The Legend

• March 05, 2019, 06:36:13 pm
    • seoul
« Reply #624 on: September 02, 2019, 07:18:04 am »
Another mass shooting in America....

A potentially damaging hurricane trundles towards the east coast of America.

World leaders get together in Poland to commemorate 80 years since the second world war.

trump plays golf

If he had to stay off the course every time there was a mass shooting , his handicap would be pushing 30.

• T_Rex
  • Veteran

« Reply #625 on: September 04, 2019, 05:01:28 pm »
"Hurricane Dorian: ‘Extremely dangerous’ storm kills five in Bahamas as Donald Trump plays golf"

That's quite a headline. What does Trump playing golf have to do with people dying in another country due to a hurricane? Some people are overly eager to find fault....

• gogators!
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #626 on: September 04, 2019, 09:16:38 pm »
"Hurricane Dorian: ‘Extremely dangerous’ storm kills five in Bahamas as Donald Trump plays golf"

That's quite a headline. What does Trump playing golf have to do with people dying in another country due to a hurricane? Some people are overly eager to find fault....

This is a great example of how an individual has to be willfully obtuse to support dishonest don.

• Mr C
  • The Legend

• October 17, 2012, 03:00:40 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #627 on: September 05, 2019, 07:43:46 am »

“If I win I may never see my property — I may never see these places again. But because I’m going to be working for you, I’m not going to have time to go golfing, believe me. Believe me. Believe me, folks.”
--Donald J. Drumf, August, 2016

« Reply #628 on: September 10, 2019, 08:16:40 am »
“I took my own advice,” Trump said of scrapping the secret plan. “We had a meeting scheduled. It was my idea, and it was my idea to terminate it. I didn’t even ... I didn’t discuss it with anybody else.”

So a compulsive liar, who at the moment is getting fukced every single way, very deservedly, decided to hold a meeting at Camp David with the Taliban and then cancel it?  Nothing to do with trying to change the media narrative, of course.  Nothing to do with him having no idea how to make a deal, of course.  Nothing to do with him thinking only about his ratings, of course.  Nothing to do with it being close to the September 11th anniversary, of course.

« Reply #629 on: September 11, 2019, 06:59:39 am »
Light bulbs?  'I look better under an incandescent light'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZ1eLHdT1bo

To see his sold out event, lovely camera pan to show just how few there are there (0:21-0:56)   :laugh:

What the hell is he on about? 

• gogators!
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #630 on: September 12, 2019, 12:40:48 am »
So you want to run on the economy, dishonest don?

"Forecasting firm Moody’s Analytics estimates that Trump’s trade war with China has already reduced U.S. employment by 300,000 jobs, compared with likely employment levels absent the trade war. That’s a combination of jobs eliminated by firms struggling with tariffs and other elements of the trade war, and jobs that would have been created but haven’t because of reduced economic activity.

The firm’s chief economist, Mark Zandi, told Yahoo Finance that the job toll from the trade war will hit about 450,000 by the end of the year, if there’s no change in policy. By the end of 2020, the trade war will have killed 900,000 jobs, on its current course. The hardest-hit sectors are manufacturing, warehousing, distribution and retail."

All he's got is identity politics, russki hijinks and repugnican voter repression.  And the ***** is afraid to be caught out in a debate with gop primary challengers.

• Adel
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• January 30, 2015, 12:50:26 am
    • The Abyss
    more
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 02:26:06 am by Adel »

• gogators!
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #632 on: September 12, 2019, 02:32:37 am »
www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkwPswGBVsY]

Looks like this leak may have cost Bolton his giig   :laugh:

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-fires-john-bolton-amid-concerns-over-leaks-and-policy-disagreements-sources-say-171643868.html
Bolton is an ideological powder keg, but at least he has an ideology and refused to be a trump sycophant like pompeo and the corrupt ross.

• T_Rex
  • Veteran

« Reply #633 on: September 16, 2019, 07:16:31 am »
"A two-and-half-years old lawsuit finally came to a close Friday, when Judge Richard E. Moore ruled that two confederate statues of Generals Robert E. Lee and Thomas 'Stonewall' Jackson in downtown Charlottesville, Virginia, must remain standing."
https://theweek.com/speedreads/865073/confederate-statues-charlottesville-remain-standing-judge-rules

Unite the Right was right. Historic preservation is important.

• gogators!
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #634 on: September 16, 2019, 09:21:29 pm »
"A two-and-half-years old lawsuit finally came to a close Friday, when Judge Richard E. Moore ruled that two confederate statues of Generals Robert E. Lee and Th
omas 'Stonewall' Jackson in downtown Charlottesville, Virginia, must remain standing."
https://theweek.com/speedreads/865073/confederate-statues-charlottesville-remain-standing-judge-rules

Unite the Right was right. Historic preservation is important.

LOL. He just upheld a state law that needs to be re-legislated.

Racists have hid behind "history" before. They're not fooling anyone.

« Reply #635 on: September 18, 2019, 07:10:09 am »
Who would have thought that a guy that has been given millions personally by the Saudis would let them dictate whether to attack Iran on their behalf?  Not sure about this, but it seems a little dangerous.  Would suggest that he's not putting America first, but himself.  Who would also have guessed that?  Is this also the Saudis who took several weeks to 'find out' who killed Khashoggi, but took all of a few hours to point the finger at Iran.  Something stinks here.   :rolleyes:

« Reply #636 on: September 19, 2019, 06:48:55 am »
Corey Lewandowski  :rolleyes:  Do something like throw him in prison.  If he is successful in running for the Senate, US politics is a total disgrace. 

« Reply #637 on: September 20, 2019, 11:51:55 am »
So basically, Rudy Giuliani, on Trump’s behalf, has been corruptly pressuring the Ukrainian government to “investigate” work by Joe Biden’s son in Ukraine. Sounds like Trump has attempted to bribe Ukraine’s prime minister into helping the Trump campaign and meddling in our election.

Surprising? 

Nope.

• T_Rex
  • Veteran

« Reply #638 on: April 18, 2021, 09:36:26 am »
The prosecution in the Chauvin trial has argued that Floyd died from a lack of oxygen.

But there are plenty of reasons that could have caused that besides a knee on Floyd:

Floyd's coronary arteries were already partially blocked. That would have made it difficult for his heart to get sufficient oxygen.

He was high on meth which would have caused his arteries to constrict- also making it difficult for his heart to get enough oxygen.

He was high on Fentanyl. That would have caused shortness of breath and thus made it difficult for him to inhale enough oxygen.

He was near the tail pipe of the car when he was on the ground. He could have inhaled a significant amount of carbon monoxide which replaces oxygen in the body.

It's unclear if Floyd had fully recovered from COVID-19. People with COVID-19 have lower levels of oxygen in their blood.

There's plenty of reasonable doubt.

• gogators!
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #639 on: April 18, 2021, 07:17:09 pm »
The prosecution in the Chauvin trial has argued that Floyd died from a lack of oxygen.

But there are plenty of reasons that could have caused that besides a knee on Floyd:

Floyd's coronary arteries were already partially blocked. That would have made it difficult for his heart to get sufficient oxygen.

He was high on meth which would have caused his arteries to constrict- also making it difficult for his heart to get enough oxygen.

He was high on Fentanyl. That would have caused shortness of breath and thus made it difficult for him to inhale enough oxygen.

He was near the tail pipe of the car when he was on the ground. He could have inhaled a significant amount of carbon monoxide which replaces oxygen in the body.

It's unclear if Floyd had fully recovered from COVID-19. People with COVID-19 have lower levels of oxygen in their blood.

There's plenty of reasonable doubt.
Why didn't Chauvin testify? What's he afraid of?