Read 12241 times

Re: US Politics Megathread
« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2018, 01:28:25 pm »
You are the last person on this forum to be offering tips on posting style and substance.
http://www.waygook.org/index.php?topic=115679.msg775826#msg775826

I enjoy OP's blog and agree with some of his stances politically.

However, I do think one rule we should have for political threads (besides frequency) is that the title of them should not have a "slant". In other words it should simply state an event or person in 'neutral' terms. It might also be good to "ration" posters on political threads. Or perhaps the mods could start their own thread for big stories (perhaps with requests) and lock all others except an ongoing "Megathread" or two.

While freedom of expression and open content is good, there are practicalities when it comes to an ESL in Korea website that has expenses to consider.

Yeah, that seems a good idea, and I would probably go ahead and do that if I were actually trusted with keys to the car.
   And just to be clear, I don't care about his politics one way or the other, but I do care that articles are just being dumped without any kind of discussion topic being offered. That's just...

You stand corrected. 8)

You just offered an opinion about consolidating similar themed political topics. Nothing to do with what I implied or what you insinuated that I quoted.

You stand corrected.  8)

• Savant
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• April 07, 2012, 11:35:31 pm
« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2018, 01:41:04 pm »
You are the last person on this forum to be offering tips on posting style and substance.

However, I do think one rule we should have for political threads (besides frequency) is that the title of them should not have a "slant". In other words it should simply state an event or person in 'neutral' terms. It might also be good to "ration" posters on political threads. Or perhaps the mods could start their own thread for big stories (perhaps with requests) and lock all others except an ongoing "Megathread" or two.

While freedom of expression and open content is good, there are practicalities when it comes to an ESL in Korea website that has expenses to consider.

Yeah, that seems a good idea, and I would probably go ahead and do that if I were actually trusted with keys to the car.
   And just to be clear, I don't care about his politics one way or the other, but I do care that articles are just being dumped without any kind of discussion topic being offered. That's just...

You stand corrected. 8)

You just offered an opinion about consolidating similar themed political topics. Nothing to do with what I implied or what you insinuated that I quoted.

You stand corrected.  8)

I forgot, context, isn't one of your strong suits.

• Mr C
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• October 17, 2012, 03:00:40 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2018, 02:08:57 pm »

You stand corrected. 8)

You stand corrected.  8)

I forgot, context, isn't one of your strong suits.
But he gets a B+ in non-sequitur studies with emphasis on strawmen.

« Reply #43 on: November 20, 2018, 07:43:31 am »
hey any news on the caravan? or that riot that the left was gonna start no matter who won? the news cycles must be WILD back home these days

• Savant
  • Hero of Waygookistan

« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2018, 08:11:04 am »

• CDW
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• June 15, 2011, 01:22:09 pm
    • Banned
« Reply #45 on: November 20, 2018, 11:18:43 am »
I guess the people in the caravan realized that it was futile to try to cross the border illegally. Thousands of soldiers were a significant deterrence. Another victory for Trump.

Mexicans are stuck with them for at least the next several months while their applications for asylum are being processed.

"Shouting 'Mexico First,' Hundreds In Tijuana March Against Migrant Caravan"
https://www.npr.org/2018/11/19/669193788/shouting-mexico-first-hundreds-in-tijuana-march-against-migrant-caravan

• CDW
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• June 15, 2011, 01:22:09 pm
    • Banned
« Reply #46 on: November 20, 2018, 11:26:32 am »
Lock her up! Lock her up! Lock her up!

Ivanka...that is.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/19/ivanka-trump-used-a-private-email-to-discuss-government-business.html
Fail. The emails did not contain classified information.

« Reply #48 on: November 20, 2018, 11:38:17 am »
I think the bad part that the right alleges about the Clinton private server was the classified information that was transmitted over it, not say, mundane correspondence scheduling some meet and greet.

Not that I really think their complaint had much merit. It's the kind of thing someone would get a reprimand over, possibly fired if something bad happened, and only prosecuted for if there was some sort of catastrophic breach that resulted in real harm.

• hangook77
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 14, 2017, 09:10:12 am
    • Near Busan
« Reply #49 on: November 20, 2018, 01:29:26 pm »
Too early to say Trump 2020!!!??

• Savant
  • Hero of Waygookistan

« Reply #50 on: November 20, 2018, 01:30:35 pm »

I would wait for Mueller to finish.

« Reply #51 on: November 20, 2018, 02:30:17 pm »

For what? You do realize that he has jack shit, right?

• Savant
  • Hero of Waygookistan

« Reply #52 on: November 20, 2018, 02:47:46 pm »

Are you pertinent to his investigation? Still, got all the House Democratic investigations to start.

« Reply #53 on: November 20, 2018, 03:18:27 pm »
Are you pertinent to his investigation? Still, got all the House Democratic investigations to start.
Are you? Do you really believe this Russia crap? How dumb do you have to be? That's 9/11 truther level nonsense.

Yeah Putin was able to predict in 2015 that Donald Frickin Trump would be the Republican nominee and not say, spectacularly flame out weeks into his candidacy. He was also able to predict John Podesta would fall for a phishing scheme. And his magic facebook ads were 100X more effective than Hillary's.

Give me a break. This is your Benghazi!!!!!!!!!!!

• Savant
  • Hero of Waygookistan

« Reply #54 on: November 20, 2018, 03:38:22 pm »
Are you? Do you really believe this Russia crap? How dumb do you have to be? That's 9/11 truther level nonsense.

Yeah Putin was able to predict in 2015 that Donald Frickin Trump would be the Republican nominee and not say, spectacularly flame out weeks into his candidacy. He was also able to predict John Podesta would fall for a phishing scheme. And his magic facebook ads were 100X more effective than Hillary's.

No, you're right! It was all about Russian adoption.

If the House Democrats have investigations to the level of the Republicans' Benghazi investigations then Trump is going to be raging mad for at least the next two years.

« Reply #55 on: November 20, 2018, 04:24:06 pm »

If the House Democrats have investigations to the level of the Republicans' Benghazi investigations then Trump is going to be raging mad for at least the next two years.
And produce the same kind of result.

What are they going to get him on? They had a 30 minute meeting with some lady who promised evidence of a crime and left the meeting after it became clear that she didn't have anything? What crime is that?

• Adel
  • Expert Waygook

• January 30, 2015, 12:50:26 am
    • The Abyss
    more
« Reply #56 on: November 20, 2018, 07:58:29 pm »

And produce the same kind of result.

What are they going to get him on? They had a 30 minute meeting with some lady who promised evidence of a crime and left the meeting after it became clear that she didn't have anything? What crime is that?

We don't know. You don't know. Mueller doesn't leak.
Criminal conspiracy to defraud the American people of proper democratic outcomes can involve a number of players.
One can only really speculate as to who might be indicted next. Donny Junior?  Roger Stone?
One thing for sure though, is there little value that can gleaned by engaging in dialogue with dishonest Trump cult stooges such as yourself.
Unless, of course, one only really seeks entertainment.   :laugh:
To that end, I'm grateful Martin .  ;D

« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 02:40:38 am by Adel »

• gogators!
  • The Legend

• March 16, 2016, 04:35:48 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #57 on: November 20, 2018, 08:37:35 pm »

LOL. Tell it to Manafort.

« Reply #58 on: November 21, 2018, 07:16:09 am »

LOL. Tell it to Manafort.

Manafort colluded with Russia over the 2016 election and the Trump campaign?

• Mr C
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• October 17, 2012, 03:00:40 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #59 on: November 21, 2018, 08:02:34 am »

This is the kind of thing people say when they don't understand politics and Russia.

The Russians of course did not expect Trump to win.  Their goal was and is to sow disharmony into Western politics and try to weaken or break down democratic institutions, especially those that thwart Putin's goals.  They have been more successful than most of us could have imagined (certainly more than you, who can't even imagine it, apparently, even though it has been pointed out to you numerous times).

Also, do you think Podesta was the only person in the 2016 campaign the Russians went phishing for?  Sorry, but where do you get off asking "How dumb do you have to be?"?
« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 08:04:37 am by Mr C »