Read 645 times

  • mgberta6
  • Newgookin

    • 3

    • March 04, 2018, 07:16:30 pm
Transferring in Gangwon-do Province
« on: November 13, 2018, 01:05:25 pm »
Hi, all!!

I was wondering if anyone has had any experience in transferring within the Gangwon-do area? I'm debating if I want to stay another year in Korea or just head on home. I've heard that you have to sign the contract before knowing where you are going to get placed. Not sure if that's true. I don't want to sign and then at the end of the day not liking my placement. I don't want to look bad either if I do sign and then not staying. Any tips or ideas?


  • TheDeek
  • Explorer

    • 6

    • June 10, 2016, 02:09:02 pm
    • Masan, South Korea
Re: Transferring in Gangwon-do Province
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2018, 02:33:50 pm »
Did you check out the transfer request form yet? It is pretty specific. You can give your top 3 choices of city and of level. I think there is an option to choose to leave if you don't get what you requested. Anyway, ask your CT to show you the form and check it out.

Re: Transferring in Gangwon-do Province
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2018, 10:12:41 am »
Hi there!

I managed to successfully transfer within Gangwon-do in August this year  :azn:

I moved from a small town to a city and I listed three choices on the transfer request form. My previous school and the POE were actually really helpful with me. There were lots of phone calls made and I was given a decent amount of information. They were able to give me a some idea of the likelihood of being placed in certain areas so it wasn't the wild stab in the dark I was anticipating it to be.  I didn't have to sign my contract until I found out where I was placed - I'm assuming this is the case most of the time. Luckily, I got my first choice so I was very happy :)

Feel free to PM me if you would like any more details!

  • hangook77
  • Hero of Waygookistan

    • 1059

    • September 14, 2017, 09:10:12 am
    • Near Busan
Re: Transferring in Gangwon-do Province
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2018, 12:05:06 pm »
Call your provincial supervisor and ask for a transfer.  If there's an opening, they should be able to transfer you.  If not, then ask for another city or two as second and third choice.  Then decide whether you want the local housing allowance or for the city education office to get you a place.