Read 1024 times

• Cyanea
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 04, 2016, 01:48:24 pm
    • Las Vegas
What's missing with the millenial generation?
« on: November 12, 2018, 10:39:47 pm »
Catch my drift?

• oglop
  • The Legend

• August 25, 2011, 07:24:54 pm
    • Seoul
Re: What's missing with the millenial generation?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2018, 11:15:02 pm »
My brain before I open this thread:
"please don't be a video if that sinek guy"

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2018, 12:52:53 am »
The problem is this amazing, fantastic idealistic generation has been told they're special all the time
The problem is this generation is too entitled, and none of it is their fault, they were just dealt a bad hand. It's the companies' responsibility to make it all better.
:smiley:

I agree with some of what he said about cell phones and conferences though. It reminded me of adult English classes in Korea where you enter the room and they're all at different tables staring at their phones.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 01:35:07 am by eggieguffer »

• VanIslander
  • Moderator LVL 1

• June 02, 2011, 10:12:19 am
    • Seogwipo, Jeju Island
    more
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2018, 04:40:42 am »
All students must put their smartphones in the basket at the front of my class.

This causes new students some stress. You can see it on their face. It takes 4-6 classes for some of them to get comfortable doing it.

Technology and lackadaisical parenting... makes for an addictive opportunity for sure. Some of my students go to the PC room every day after school; others play smartphone games every day.

I'm happy to say several parents don't let their elementary school aged children to have smartphones nor go to the PC room. A significant portion of Korean parents avoid THAT problem, but they also often scorn playtime on Saturdays or Sundays, causing a different kibd of problem.