Read 4032 times

• SanderB
  • Super Waygook

• June 02, 2018, 06:25:54 pm
    • Burning Oil Be Best
Re: Tucker Carlso
« Reply #80 on: March 31, 2019, 03:49:32 am »

30 to 50 million.  U can add that to 330 million. 
It hasnít been 12 million since 1994.  Some months they apprehend 200k people.  Not to mention the ones that get away and a lot more who overstay their visas.

So let me get this straight...you're saying the US population is actually 360 million to 380 million people, 30-50 million of which are illegals. Despite there being up 50 million people (your claim) who are living and working in the US illegally, the economy hasn't collapsed, people are getting on with their lives the best they can etc...but mass immigration is still a problem?  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Are you arguing that the Irish havenít assimilated?  Thatís way to far off radical for me to consider.
Iíd argue that Muslim Pakistani grooming gangs in London havenít assimilated.  Bangladeshis havenít lost their penchant for little girls and boys.  Somalians in Minnesota are trafficking in sex too.

I'm simply using your logic and applying it to different scenarios.

A tiny percentage of the Pakistani population implicated in the grooming gangs case = Pakistanis haven't assimilated.

A tiny percentage of Irish immigrants fund and arm the IRA back home = that doesn't matter, the Irish have assimilated.

A small number of Somali immigrants involved in sex trafficking = Somalis haven't assimilated.

A small number of Italian immigrants involved in gangland murders = that doesn't matter, the Italians have assimilated.

Am I getting this straight?

Huh ? Who said immigration wasnít a problem?
Immigrants significantly drive down wages;basic but very effective supply and demand.  People today are earning less than their parents and have much more debt; the price of homes and other goods increases.
If you pay Americans 18 dollars an hour, they will pick strawberries.  Whatís wrong with protecting a standard of living.
Bur who will be able to afford them?

As for your assertion regarding immigration and wages:
A recent analysis commissioned and published by the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine found "the literature on employment impacts finds little evidence that immigration significantly affects the overall employment levels of native-born workers."

Overall, the analysis called the inflow of foreign-born people "a relatively minor factor in the $18 trillion U.S. economy."

I hope that when you get a job it doesn't involve anything that could be a danger to you or others.

What does this mean? 

You donít believe that study do you? 
John Stossell just aired a program which showed how fake articles could be written and accepted into academic journals.  In one paper they replaced  the words feminists  and Germans in Maine Kampf.  Another claimed that dog humping incidents can be taken as evidence of rape culture. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fvZNXRiAsn4

Now you are arguing that  bringing in a million people legally every year has little to no effect on employment, plus the illegals.    Ask your boy  Paul Krugman

You have to SEE the truth through your theories.

There can be bigger better work visa programs.

This idea that our congress passes laws like immigration laws, and then they can just be ignored is ridiculous.  Change the law, but donít think that the rule of law isnít important.. 

Dems and liberals are all for changing the immigration laws. But carping connies like yourself continue to obstruct progress there and elsewhere.

You mean amnesty?
What about deporting criminal illegal aliens?   
They keep murdering people when they should have been detained and sent to ice ice baby.
During the first full 17 months of the Obama administration, from February 2009 through June 2010, ICE arrested 437,671 illegal immigrants.  For the same first full 17 months of the Trump administration, ICE arrested 226,138 illegal immigrants, about half the number arrested during the same period in Obamaís administration.
Dems walk the walk while repugs spin lies.

This is too easy.   Obamaís deportation numbers went up because they started counting people who they turned away at the border as someone they deported.   So
if someone came accross and border patrol sen them back across 30 feet. That counted. 

Wait a second.  Are you for real? 

So you are arguing that we should deport them?
And it doesn't count now? Too easy.

I continue to argue for an enlightened immigration policy, one which all but the far right agree is necessary and justified.
Fiat voluntas tua- What you want is allowed

• gogators!
  • The Legend

• March 16, 2016, 04:35:48 pm
    • Seoul
Re: Tucker Carlson
« Reply #81 on: March 31, 2019, 08:22:30 pm »
  Gogators is bragging about how many deportations Obama had. 

I had no idea that you guys were all for enforcing our border.

Ok then letís deport and enforce our laws. 

Nice to see that you have caved in to basic logic.
No brag, ma'am, just facts.

Deporting the laws is a repug position, not a progressive one.