Read 1665 times

• gj148
  • Veteran

• August 29, 2017, 01:44:30 pm
Kpop Themed Pass The Marker Game
« on: November 02, 2018, 12:51:57 pm »
A user called ALLaVine made the orignal Twice themed Pass the Marker Game. Using their ppt, I edited and changed up a few of the graphics/slides to make it into a kpop themed game :). Please note song number 10 is technically not kpop...it's korean hiphop but this was more of a special addition for my 6th grade boys. Feel free to take it out and add another song of your liking~

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1rdAar4Gfq87hqCwKV0FmQNvhcobGT37Z

Audio Files Link

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1U4sQ5PaWE_U7O6f6R0k9QEZfi_Kn3Qmn?usp=sharing

« Last Edit: December 02, 2018, 12:58:34 am by gj148 »

Re: Kpop Themed Pass The Marker Game
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2018, 02:50:47 pm »
Thank you for this awesome game! Is there anyway you can upload the audio files as well? The music isn't working whenever I downloaded it.

Thank you so much again!

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2018, 12:49:12 pm »
Hi!  The game and layout is so cute and well done!  Could you give more explanation on how to play it?  Are the kids at their desks passing the markers or do they stand up?  What kind of text goes in the boxes?  Also, where do they write it?

Would it be them choosing a square that says "I like running," then they write "I like running" on a small whiteboard, and then I click and they get points?  So sorry for all the questions.  Because I love the PPT so much, I want to play it the right way and understand the instructions.  Thank you!!

• gj148
  • Veteran

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2018, 07:58:42 pm »
Thank you for this awesome game! Is there anyway you can upload the audio files as well? The music isn't working whenever I downloaded it.

Thank you so much again!

Audio Files have been added! Check the original post above~

• gj148
  • Veteran

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2018, 08:09:32 pm »
Hi!  The game and layout is so cute and well done!  Could you give more explanation on how to play it?  Are the kids at their desks passing the markers or do they stand up?  What kind of text goes in the boxes?  Also, where do they write it?

Would it be them choosing a square that says "I like running," then they write "I like running" on a small whiteboard, and then I click and they get points?  So sorry for all the questions.  Because I love the PPT so much, I want to play it the right way and understand the instructions.  Thank you!!

I give every team (usually 4 students per team) 1 marker, an eraser, and 1 whiteboard. I start the music slide and have each team pass their own marker around among the 4 of them (this means every group will be passing their own marker simultaneously with the other groups). When the music stops, whichever team member has the marker must choose one of the 6 sentences on the board and write one down on their team's whiteboard. I usually wait a bit then start counting down from 3, then have each team raise up their boards. I'll then reveal how many points each sentence is worth. Throughout the whole game I have students stay seated. The point of passing marker within teams is really more so that the same person is not always writing down the answers for their team. Also makes it fun :)

As for the phrases think of this as a writing telepathy game or word lotto. You can write phrases like "I like running" as you mentioned above or simply add the key vocabulary words for any given lesson. Here's an example of a prefilled ppt for a 6th grade lesson I did recently.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1uQcLGcRv4KOHRn9hFUwXws5723GK0rVh

Hope it helps~