Read 7746 times

• SPQR
  • Super Waygook

• March 08, 2018, 07:04:54 pm
    • Canada
Waygook's Unofficial 2nd Brexit Vote (The People's Vote)
« on: October 30, 2018, 07:49:03 am »
I'm a Brit, thank god an expat Brit, that thinks the current state of
affairs in the UK is disastrous.  The disinformation put forth by
self-serving scum like Boris Johnson and Jacob Rees-Mogg borders
on criminal fraud.  The xenophobic arguments make me ashamed
and the the economic stupidity makes me shake my head in disbelief.

That blundering old hag, May, should allow a second vote, now that
the real implications of Brexit are known.

Re: Waygook's Unofficial 2nd Brexit Vote (The People's Vote)
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2018, 09:09:06 am »
Northern Irish fella here, you're totally right about it being an absolute disaster. There seems to be a contingent of people in Britain who can't understand that the UK's position has changed since the heady days of the Empire. They're not a world power anymore. It doesn't help when you have absolute vultures and crooks in strong positions like Boris and Mogg but that just seems to be the state of Western politics these days.

As selfish as it is, I want Brexit to go ahead because I want my country unified and I want shot of English influence in Ireland once and for all. Hopefully it'd cause a lot of people to wake up and take their country back because I have no animosity towards English people, apart from the fact most of them seem to not care that they're sleepwalking into a disaster.

• JNM
  • The Legend

• January 19, 2015, 10:16:48 am
    • Seoul, South Korea
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2018, 09:10:36 am »
What do you expect from this crowd?
People working abroad, many of whom have seen the other side of discrimination and xenophobia.
Not likely a group isolationists!

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2018, 09:15:31 am »
'Scum', 'hag' 'vultures' etc. Come on you've finished university now, you can discuss politics in a grown up way

• SPQR
  • Super Waygook

• March 08, 2018, 07:04:54 pm
    • Canada
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2018, 09:16:13 am »
Northern Irish fella here, you're totally right about it being an absolute disaster. There seems to be a contingent of people in Britain who can't understand that the UK's position has changed since the heady days of the Empire. They're not a world power anymore. It doesn't help when you have absolute vultures and crooks in strong positions like Boris and Mogg but that just seems to be the state of Western politics these days.

As selfish as it is, I want Brexit to go ahead because I want my country unified and I want shot of English influence in Ireland once and for all. Hopefully it'd cause a lot of people to wake up and take their country back because I have no animosity towards English people, apart from the fact most of them seem to not care that they're sleepwalking into a disaster.

I am actually from Glasgow.  I would like to see Brexit fail.  If it doesn't, then
I would also like to see total independence from England.  That could be the
lasting legacy of the Tory party.  The complete disintegration of the UK.

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2018, 09:28:51 am »
Why would anyone want to be part of the EU?

Based upon the structure of its government alone, the EU is doomed to failure.

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2018, 09:30:56 am »

I am actually from Glasgow.  I would like to see Brexit fail.  If it doesn't, then

You had your chance and you bottled it.  :rolleyes:
Who is here in 2019?

• oglop
  • The Legend

• August 25, 2011, 07:24:54 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2018, 09:49:23 am »
i'll vote for whichever makes it easier for my and my wife to eventually move back to the UK

• Savant
  • The Legend

• April 07, 2012, 11:35:31 pm
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2018, 10:54:06 am »
All the Tory Brexiteers have sulked into the sidelines because they have no Brexit plan.

David Davis couldn't negotiate his way out of a Waitrose car park.

• kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2018, 11:04:22 am »
All the Tory Brexiteers have sulked into the sidelines because they have no Brexit plan.

David Davis couldn't negotiate his way out of a Waitrose car park.
David Davis.
Not to be confused with Dave Davies, who is a well respected man.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 10:40:35 am by kyndo »

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2018, 11:29:20 am »
Funny we should talk about Ireland. Every time they vote in an EU referendum it is sent back to them to think again.

I vote leave. I was a fan of the EU but really the mismanagement of the currency and the immigration crisis has changed my attitude.

That is my opinion, as far as someone living abroad, can have an opinion.

The OP is a Scottish nationalist but lives abroad. She is somewhat similar to the tax exile Sean Connery in that respect.

The people who really have "skin in the game" are those that actually live in that damp island.

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2018, 11:44:19 am »
>Every time they vote in an EU referendum it is sent back to them to think again.

With concessions made, I might add.

In terms of Northern Ireland I trust the EU to take better care of us than the UK.

Bit silly of you to say I can't have that much of an opinion because I've been in Korea 8 months. I plan to return to Ireland, it's my home. My friends and family live there. I voted in the referendum. I don't see how I don't have 'skin in the game.'

• sh9wntm
  • Veteran

• February 23, 2018, 03:23:39 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2018, 12:07:43 pm »
In principal, there are good ideas to the EU, like a shared currency, tax free trade, and it unites Europe.
But, the fact that the EU is above governments, means it compromises democracy and bogs down liberty with bureaucracy. If the people elect an unfavorable candidate, the EU can cut them out.

Plus there's a crisis of free immigration. Working class people in Germany (for example) are frustrated when people from Greece come in and take their jobs for less money. There has to be limits on immigration.

If your country is doing well financially, you're also tied into the countries who aren't. So if Italy and Portugal declare bankruptcy, your country is also going to suffer. At some point well-run countries are going to say "we just want to be responsible for us, we can't be responsible for you too". The U.K is smart to get out before it collapses on itself.

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2018, 01:00:32 pm »

I'm from Canada and Korea is REALLY sucking these days. What am I doing here?  I love camping.  WTF. What am I doing here?  Camping sucks in Korea. I wanted a house! WTF. I should of been
on the property ladder a long time ago. What am I doing here?  I love target
shooting! WTF! What am I doing here?
Biggest mistake of my life was leaving a western country and coming here.

I've been in the Seoul area for over twenty years

Okay.

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2018, 01:11:29 pm »

I'm from Canada and Korea is REALLY sucking these days. What am I doing here?  I love camping.  WTF. What am I doing here?  Camping sucks in Korea. I wanted a house! WTF. I should of been
on the property ladder a long time ago. What am I doing here?  I love target
shooting! WTF! What am I doing here?
Biggest mistake of my life was leaving a western country and coming here.

I've been in the Seoul area for over twenty years

Okay.

So that's why waygook.org moderator user basedcowboy has gone through all his old posts and deleted them.

Okay.
Who is here in 2019?

• zola
  • The Legend

• September 30, 2012, 06:56:11 am
    • Korea
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2018, 01:16:04 pm »
Maybe SPQR was born in Scotland, immigrated to Canada with his family as a young person, then came to Korea to work as a teacher. Or maybe, like Koreaboo yesterday, he's lying. Hard to tell these days.
Kpip! - Martin 2018

« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2018, 01:41:03 pm »
What do you expect from this crowd?
People working abroad, many of whom have seen the other side of discrimination and xenophobia.
Not likely a group isolationists!

There's a small cabal of American hard-right conservatives on waygook. They must hate living in a country with public health care coverage and no guns. They probably treat any illness they have by self-medicating with Gatorade and ginseng drinks while ranting about "the tree of liberty."
Quote from: Mr.DeMartino on Yesterday at 01:40:32 PM
    Trump is a liar and a con man.
Quote from Mr.DeMartino on June 14, 2019 at 02:28:07 pm
Donald Trump is a lying sack of shit

« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2018, 02:06:38 pm »
I have no idea why people voted for Brexit.  Common sense and a little research means the reasons are pointless.

Brussels making out laws - all EU laws will be added to UK statute books.

Stupid trade rules (straight bananas and all that) - we will still trade with the EU so all produce must comply to their regulations..

Stop immigration - we will always need talent in the country, be it cleaners in the NHS, or fruit pickers.

Stop Muslims - Fook off racist moron!

Stop free movement of workers taking our jobs - Most migrants do jobs we don't want, plus many will have lived in the UK long enough to apply for "settled" status, so Brexit won't affect them.  What is more, migrants pay far more into the coffers than they take out, and usually leave voluntarily after 3 years.  Also, all the Brits who have retired in Spain and the Med will face the risk of being cast out unless a symbiotic agreement can be reached.

Stop paying 350M quid a week to the EU - That number is just plain wrong It works out to about half that. Plus the VETO Britain has means it has one of the strongest voices of all members of the EU

Take control of borders - As an island nation, we already have stronger borders than mainland Europe, and are not as open as other member countries.  Passports still must be shown.

Keep Britain British - This is a poor reason.  Change is inevitable.  People, fads and trends change.  Britishness, is whatever Britishness is.  The highstreet has died due to people wanting convenience.  We no longer Morris dance due to it being silly.  Most of the traditions that summed up "Britishness" 100 years ago have gone and Brexit won't bring them back.  For better or worse it is progress.

Basically Brexit is a massive unknown, and the disingenuous nature of the leave campaign has meant people have voted based on lies half truths and bullshIt in order to spin this into a situation that will benefit only the rich - Jacob Rees Mogg is screaming leave whilst moving his businesses to Ireland to continue to benefit from the EU.  What's more, the benefits he promised would happened from the start are now going to take up to 50 years to appear, long after all those who voted leave have died.

What is known, is that the situation under the EU meant that we had free trade, and a thriving tourism sector, business invested in the UK, and Europe funded many art and social projects. 

But regardless of all that, even if Brexit COULD be a good thing, the Conservative party couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery.  Their ridiculous approach to negotiations and squabbling amongst themselves has basically meant that nothing will get done that will benefit the ordinary man on the street.  David Davis resigning when he did proves that the Tories are a bunch of c unts who care not for any but themselves and their ilk.

« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2018, 02:41:05 pm »

Stop Muslims - Fook off racist moron!

Islam is not a race. People of every colour and ethnicity are welcome in Islam.

You racist moron.

« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2018, 03:06:49 pm »
There's a small cabal of American hard-right conservatives on waygook. They must hate living in a country with public health care coverage and no guns. They probably treat any illness they have by self-medicating with Gatorade and ginseng drinks while ranting about "the tree of liberty."
Funny, I seem to gripe about this place a lot less than you and most of the vocal left posters, who seem to be among some of the most consistently negative posters, often saying questionable things about Koreans, one of the few things you share in common with a few of the hard-right types. Two sides of the same coin.