« Reply #180 on: December 16, 2018, 01:56:48 pm »

• CO2
  • The Legend

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Gunpo
    more
Re: Things that make you irrationally angry
« Reply #181 on: December 16, 2018, 03:29:36 pm »
Did you just speak ill of Karl Pilkington?

>:( :cry: :evil: :sad: >:( :cry: :evil: :sad: >:( :cry: :evil: :sad: >:( :cry: :evil: :sad:
The joys of fauxtherhood

• Savant
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• April 07, 2012, 11:35:31 pm
« Reply #182 on: December 16, 2018, 04:05:17 pm »

>:( :cry: :evil: :sad: >:( :cry: :evil: :sad: >:( :cry: :evil: :sad: >:( :cry: :evil: :sad:

Yeah, he did! He dissed the bald Manc who has a head like a f***ing orange.

• oglop
  • The Legend

• August 25, 2011, 07:24:54 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #183 on: December 16, 2018, 08:50:45 pm »
karl's never done drugs. he's only tried smoking once (and didn't like it). but at least when he does die he'll already have a coffin

« Reply #184 on: December 17, 2018, 10:00:42 am »
No, never. Just a limitation is all.

Now, Ricky I'll happily trash, especially on his twitter feed when he posts some of his photos of his weight gain (note for the unaware, Ricky's twitter invites you to bash him on any number of things). The best comic twitters are ones where random users beat up on the comic and he recs your insults.

• oglop
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #185 on: December 17, 2018, 10:22:31 am »
Ricky used to be alright, but yeah, now I can't stand him. Even on the old XFM shows he becomes quite intolerable. Merchant is my fave of the trio

« Reply #186 on: December 17, 2018, 10:37:58 am »
My problem with Ricky is that I think he genuinely didn't treat Karl well at all as time went by.  I adore the early XFM shows because you could really tell that a true friendship was blossoming. 

By the time we got to the "Ricky Gervais Guide to..." shows he was pretty much belittling Karl at every turn and that left a bitter taste in my mouth.

Other thoughts...

The Office and Extras - absolute genius.
Life's too Short - Embarassing (why did they think Warwick Davies was the next big thing in comedy?)
Derek - Really really good pilot but then the two series were terrible.
Hello Ladies - Dynamite stuff from Steve.  Still rewatch it regularly.

• AnnaW
  • Adventurer

• April 03, 2017, 01:36:01 pm
« Reply #187 on: December 17, 2018, 10:40:34 am »
Getting to the checkout at the supermarket to find out that a particular item is actually 1+1 so I have to trek all the way back to get a second one.

I've been burned by this so many times that I make a real effort to double check for the 1+1 labels so I don't miss them.  But most of the time as I do the dumb foreigner walk of shame back to the shelf, I find that it isn't mentioned anywhere!

Am I missing something?  Is there a way of knowing what items are 1+1 even when they're not labelled?
... and they insist on it. They will not let you buy just one.

My favorite is when ice cream is 2+1 and my son and I get them.  There’s two of us. What I going to do, put one in my pocket for later?

This just happened to me. I was buying shampoo. The lady said 1+1. Me: no thanks. it is ok. Lady: 1+1. Me: I am going to America. Lady: 1+1. She even called her manager to tell him I refused to get 2. WTF Korea.....I am leaving I don't want your stupid shampoo.

• oglop
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #188 on: December 17, 2018, 12:29:04 pm »
My problem with Ricky is that I think he genuinely didn't treat Karl well at all as time went by.  I adore the early XFM shows because you could really tell that a true friendship was blossoming. 

By the time we got to the "Ricky Gervais Guide to..." shows he was pretty much belittling Karl at every turn and that left a bitter taste in my mouth.

Other thoughts...

The Office and Extras - absolute genius.
Life's too Short - Embarassing (why did they think Warwick Davies was the next big thing in comedy?)
Derek - Really really good pilot but then the two series were terrible.
Hello Ladies - Dynamite stuff from Steve.  Still rewatch it regularly.
Yep I agree. Even in the later XFM shows ricky becomes a complete arse.

I find myself saying "what are the rules??" fairly often. Hello Ladies is great - shame it was canceled