Read 10697 times

Things that make you irrationally angry
« on: October 25, 2018, 10:28:23 am »
I'll get the ball rolling.

-Students smudging makeup all over the walls and mirrors in the classroom. (Why is there a mirror in every classroom in the first place?)
-The admin lady shout talking every time she answers or makes a phone call
-Students littering on the way to school.
-Waiting in line at a supermarket or store and someone cuts in front of you and the cashier pretends like they didn't see it and serve said ***hole.
-Roundabouts with giant signs at all entry/exits clearly stating that cars on the roundabout have right of way and every single Korean on the peninsula losing the ability to read Hanguel.
- PEOPLE TYPING in CAPS LOCK For NO REASON.

« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 10:30:12 am by AvecPommesFrites »
Who is here in 2019?

• JNM
  • The Legend

• January 19, 2015, 10:16:48 am
    • Seoul, South Korea
Re: Things that make you irrationally angry
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2018, 10:39:35 am »
Stepping over things really increases my blood pressure.
Laundry, handbags, shoes...

Also, jars left open on the counter because "I might want more."

Just put stuff away!

• KoreaBoo
  • Expert Waygook

• May 25, 2014, 04:00:42 pm
    • Korealand
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2018, 10:42:13 am »
SJW's

• Mister Tim
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 08, 2013, 10:33:54 am
    • SK
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2018, 10:46:43 am »
Noisy eating. That isn't country-specific, either. My own father is a loud eater, and I can't stand it.

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2018, 10:47:51 am »
people who get irrationally angry

• andyman73
  • Adventurer

• April 29, 2011, 09:20:30 am
    • Hwaseong City
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2018, 10:55:42 am »
So many good things in life and especially in Korea, but these drive me nuts;

Spitting everywhere like camels (especially in covered bus station platforms, and inside schools!!! Yikes! Seems to be a male 'macho' thing. Also, megaphone trucks. English grammar nazi time! : mixing up "its vs it's", "Should have went / took / saw / did etc", again, open-mouth chewing. Just can't ever get used to that!!! Don't care about dangling participles or splitting infinitives or ending sentences with prepositions, though.

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2018, 10:57:10 am »
people who get irrationally angry

WELL PLAYED  >:(
Who is here in 2019?

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2018, 10:59:41 am »
These days:

1) Smelling cigarette smoke in my bathroom
2) Students tearing up pieces of paper into tiny little bits and then stashing those bits in their desks or cubicles
3) Banks
4) Lack of reasonably priced pumpkin spice food
5) Sunlight sneaking into the classroom from somewhere unknown and fogging up the projector screen
6) Students scribbling outside of lines because they think this will get some point across but then complaining about their work getting displayed later DESPITE being told that this was going to happen so  :undecided:
7) Passive aggressive line cutters -- these are worse than normal line cutters

Also, jars left open on the counter because "I might want more."

That is alarmingly specific.

Spouses and family have a funny way of creating very specific peeves for people.

Like squeezing the toothpaste at the center of the tube and scrunching it all the way in, putting the toilet paper roll on the wrong way, never paying attention to where you stick your keys or wallet so that we have to go hunting for it before we leave for something (sometimes taking so long that you end up running late), drinking the rest of the milk but leaving about a tablespoon's worth of it in the carton so that you can stick it back into the fridge and not have to throw it away yourself, not closing the cereal bag all the way or leaving the bread bag open so that the next slice gets all stale because you don't see the point when you'll just have to reopen it again later, always carrying the TV remote around with you and leaving it in odd places so that no one ever know where it is at any given moment (I can't tell you the number of times I've found it in the fridge), and leaving the door wide open because you plan to leave again shortly ("shortly" sometimes turning into an hour).
« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 11:54:43 am by Chinguetti »

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2018, 11:25:23 am »
When I see bad 'finishing' on something.  For example, when you go the bathroom, and the person who's done the grouting has done a shit job.  You have one job to do, do it properly.  If you're paid to do something, don't do a half-assed job.

...dad?

• Aristocrat
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• November 10, 2014, 01:04:27 pm
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2018, 11:27:35 am »
- Confucianism
- Dropping my guitar pick
« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 11:29:27 am by Aristocrat »

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2018, 11:50:36 am »
People who continually complain about sh*t but never bother to change. (Suck it up, or shut up)
People who ask your opinion but then get pissed because you GAVE your opinion, ya know, the one they asked for.   :rolleyes: 
Spillage all over counters, tables, floors.  For Gods sake, just wipe it the f*ck up!  I think it's the laziness that kills me.
Waiting on people.  Not as in traffic, some one walking across the street, bank/grocery lines... but when you tell someone you're leaving at such-and-such time but you receive the "give me a minute" which always turns into 20-30 min wait. 

• AnnaW
  • Adventurer

• April 03, 2017, 01:36:01 pm
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2018, 11:51:37 am »
When I play the directions in Korean and my kids say they don't understand. When asked why, they said we don't understand English. This proved my point that it is not that they don't understand, they are not listening.

Luckily my CT got pissed off after the second class this happened in and let them all have it. She even said before we started that is was in Korean and she still got the English is too hard to understand. She screamed at those kids. See it is not me, they aren't even trying.

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2018, 12:00:25 pm »
When I see bad 'finishing' on something.  For example, when you go the bathroom, and the person who's done the grouting has done a shit job.  You have one job to do, do it properly.  If you're paid to do something, don't do a half-assed job.

You're in the wrong country if this bothers you.

• JVPrice
  • Expert Waygook

• August 29, 2017, 10:26:13 am
    • Cheongju
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2018, 12:02:57 pm »
Spouses and family have a funny way of creating very specific peeves for people.

Like squeezing the toothpaste at the center of the tube and scrunching it all the way in, putting the toilet paper roll on the wrong way, never paying attention to where you stick your keys or wallet so that we have to go hunting for it before we leave for something (sometimes taking so long that you end up running late), drinking the rest of the milk but leaving about a tablespoon's worth of it in the carton so that you can stick it back into the fridge and not have to throw it away yourself, not closing the cereal bag all the way or leaving the bread bag open so that the next slice gets all stale because you don't see the point when you'll just have to reopen it again later, always carrying the TV remote around with you and leaving it in odd places so that no one ever know where it is at any given moment (I can't tell you the number of times I've found it in the fridge), and leaving the door wide open because you plan to leave again shortly ("shortly" sometimes turning into an hour).

I relate so hard to this. My mom never failed to forget where her keys were 90% of the time (I wish I was exaggerating). I'd always tell her to find a place to always leave them, but that advice never got through.

As for what makes me irrationally angry:

- People (family members mainly) who tell you "You'll understand some day." when referring to something that's an OPINION.

- Being treated like a child

- Korea's "Education" System
The World Ends With You

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2018, 12:08:38 pm »
People these days not dressing nicely.
What happened to telegrams?
The Dallas Cowboys
Too many Demmycrats in Congress.
Food is overly complicated nowadays.
Emo rap

• grey
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• April 08, 2011, 04:47:11 am
    • USA
    more
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2018, 12:17:36 pm »
Improper use of apostrophes and ellipses in stupid and obnoxious ways, respectively.
Ko fills half his luggage with instant noodles for his international business travels, a lesson he learned after assuming on his first trip that three packages would suffice for six days. “Man, was I wrong. Since then, I always make sure I pack enough.”
-AP

« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2018, 12:37:27 pm »
Littering.

I suppose it's the arrogance of the act that I can't stand.  I can't get my head around how someone thinks it's ok to just drop rubbish on the floor.  Or the people who take the last sip of their coffee and plop the cup on a nearby wall or something.

To make it country specific (sorry), I see it a lot more here than I did in the UK but that's because of the absence of bins.

• AMDC
  • Veteran

• April 19, 2018, 08:00:49 am
    • South Korea
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2018, 12:42:00 pm »
SJW's

Weren't you the one that fought for the social justice of the poor lady who had to sleep in the laundry room?

• oglop
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• August 25, 2011, 07:24:54 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2018, 12:42:38 pm »
When you have Earphones in and either you or someone else accidentally yanks them out. Makes me want to rage quit life

• What?What?
  • Expert Waygook

• October 14, 2016, 10:29:17 am
    • Korea
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2018, 12:50:20 pm »

People trying to talk to me when I am clearly having a conversation on my phone.
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
-A.A. Milne