Read 815 times

Message from General Colin Powell.
« on: October 16, 2018, 09:54:28 pm »

Here is Colin Powell's criticism of the Trump administration. This is
coming from a republican who is a son of Jamaican immigrants.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0x9MmKIzXI

• Chester Jim
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 05, 2015, 02:17:12 pm
    • Arkansas
    more
Re: Message from General Colin Powell.
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2018, 03:30:15 am »
Is that Jamaican reference suppose to mean something?

The bush administration was full of neocon globalists.  They oversaw pointless wars and encouraged the loss of the American middle class, and the rise of totalitarian China. 
Who cares what he says.  Hes done finished. 
Bonzai!

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2018, 03:39:04 am »
Is that Jamaican reference suppose to mean something?

The bush administration was full of neocon globalists.  They oversaw pointless wars and encouraged the loss of the American middle class, and the rise of totalitarian China. 
Who cares what he says.  Hes done finished.

It's a fact that he is of Jamaican heritage. A lot of Jamaicans who immigrated to the USA have been
brutally vocal in speaking out against racism and white supremacy. His parents were influenced by
another Jamaican named Marcus Garvey who was prominent in the USA back in the 1920's. But it's
more than just that, Colin Powel represents an example for Americans born to highly productive
immigrants who contributed to making America a great country, and General Powell has made
good points in how the Trump administration has pandered to fears of a breed of people who
have fear against immigrants who are making positive contributions to the USA.

• raysmith
  • Super Waygook

• August 16, 2012, 07:01:58 am
    • Korea
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2018, 06:41:04 am »
I think Powell was against the 2nd gulf war - invasion of Iraq.  At least if the film 'W' was accurate.  :P By the way, he wrote an interesting biography.  I think it is called 'My American journey'.

• hangook77
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 14, 2017, 09:10:12 am
    • Near Busan
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2018, 08:01:24 am »
Another neocon globalist who loves war.  Who cares what this old has been has to say?  He supported Bush in war and then supported Obama after he went into Libya.  Screw him. 

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2018, 10:01:15 am »
It's a fact that he is of Jamaican heritage. A lot of Jamaicans who immigrated to the USA have been
brutally vocal in speaking out against racism and white supremacy. His parents were influenced by
another Jamaican named Marcus Garvey who was prominent in the USA back in the 1920's. But it's
more than just that, Colin Powel represents an example for Americans born to highly productive
immigrants who contributed to making America a great country, and General Powell has made
good points in how the Trump administration has pandered to fears of a breed of people who
You know that's a media induced fear, right?

Go over to Trump supporting sites. Legal immigrants and Trumpers of all backgrounds are welcome and celebrated. That's all people want- things to be done legal and the numbers to be controlled, not a flood.

• CO2
  • The Legend

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Gunpo
    more
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2018, 10:25:06 am »
You know that's a media induced fear, right?

Go over to Trump supporting sites. Legal immigrants and Trumpers of all backgrounds are welcome and celebrated. That's all people want- things to be done legal and the numbers to be controlled, not a flood.

I really don't get the hate for the wall, as an IDEA. Do I hate illegal immigrants? No. Do I think they're bad people? No.

But................ "What's the big deal?" NO. You are in Korea on a visa, we all have one. You didn't sail over on a boat and proclaim your teacher worthiness. That's how it works. I don't give a shit who you are, come to my country, it's cool. Get a visa, pay your taxes, don't break any laws and learn the local language, at any pace. But learn it.
The joys of fauxtherhood

• gogators!
  • The Legend

• March 16, 2016, 04:35:48 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2018, 04:32:10 am »
The risible right, like their leader drumpf, is an obviously uninformed bunch trained to respond to and repeat dog whistles like "globalists" when answering criticisms. Not a rational bunch.

• hangook77
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 14, 2017, 09:10:12 am
    • Near Busan
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2018, 10:16:58 am »
Just wait till Trump sweeps the midterms.

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2018, 10:23:29 am »
The risible right, like their leader drumpf, is an obviously uninformed bunch trained to respond to and repeat dog whistles like "globalists" when answering criticisms. Not a rational bunch.

Yeah yeah. Trump bad. Everyone who doesn't support the Dems is a racist and sexist. We get it.

• gogators!
  • The Legend

• March 16, 2016, 04:35:48 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2018, 02:56:29 am »

Yeah yeah. Trump bad. Everyone who doesn't support the Dems is a racist and sexist. We get it.
You obviously don't.

Riddle me this--why do you jump on every poster who criticizes Korea EXCEPT for your reactionary comrade chester jim?