Read 259 times

  • tamahari
  • Newgookin

    • 2

    • September 07, 2016, 08:35:35 pm
    • Seongnam. South Korea
English-speaking Hematologist (or GP?) near Seocho-Gu?
« on: October 04, 2018, 09:04:29 am »
My husband and I recently had some extensive medical tests done,  and I would like to follow up on certain things (particularly significant anemia, low platelets, and some vague stuff about poor liver function.) My husband called a doctor connected with the clinic that did the tests, but to be honest, I don't feel at all satisfied with the generic recommendations he gave us. I feel like I need to try another avenue to get some serious investigation and treatment/advice.

I've thought about just taking the test results to the nearest international clinic and asking what the next step should be, but does anyone have another suggestion? The Korean health care system is kind of confusing to me, because so much of the time it seems like you have to go directly to a specialist, and if you're dealing with a few different issues that may or may not be related how do you start?

I'm located at the southern end of Seocho-Gu, but willing to travel a little if necessary. I'd like to find someone who speaks English (my Korean is conversational, but I have very little in the way of medical Korean.)