Read 6567 times

• oglop
  • The Legend

• August 25, 2011, 07:24:54 pm
    • Seoul
Re: Spitting
« Reply #240 on: March 23, 2020, 09:58:14 pm »
Dog piss is sterile: you could use it to cleanse surgical instruments if you had to.
Oh come on. Biggest load of bollocks I've ever read

« Reply #241 on: March 23, 2020, 10:47:05 pm »
It's a forum for ENGLISH TEACHERS!
Welp apparently some people call it a loofah. It's the doom of the English language. Try and stop them. Up until now English has remained static for five centuries but this is going to cause total doom. I can't imagine something being called something in one part of the English speaking world and something else in a completely different part or by different generations.

• stoat
  • Expert Waygook

• March 05, 2019, 06:36:13 pm
    • seoul
« Reply #242 on: March 24, 2020, 05:48:26 am »
I can't imagine something being called something in one part of the English speaking world and something else in a completely different part or by different generations.

'Irony can be intelligent, perceptive and witty. Sarcasm rarely is. If you have caught a malarial sarcasm, how can it be treated? There may be no cure, but in this talk there are a few suggestions on how we can tackle the symptoms'.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-PW1mSSacg

« Reply #243 on: March 24, 2020, 12:39:27 pm »
'Irony can be intelligent, perceptive and witty. Sarcasm rarely is. If you have caught a malarial sarcasm, how can it be treated? There may be no cure, but in this talk there are a few suggestions on how we can tackle the symptoms'.
Well thanks to you posting a TED talk, I'm going to stop being sarcastic because I 100% agree that stoat is the boss of me!

Anyways, Mr. C could at least be FUNNY about his point, but instead him being pedantic over loofahs makes him come across as a bit of a knob. As I said, is he speaking as an avid consumer of body and skin products or as an English teacher? If he's speaking as the second, maybe he should pipe down and listen.

• Mr C
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• October 17, 2012, 03:00:40 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #244 on: March 24, 2020, 01:30:03 pm »
Anyways, Mr. C could at least be FUNNY about his point, but instead him being pedantic over loofahs makes him come across as a bit of a knob.
What point?  I posted a simple, entirely factual and I hoped helpful distinction between two things.  But you kept going on and on and on.  And are now calling me names.  Great work there, defender of the internet against factual information! 
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 01:31:49 pm by Mr C »

« Reply #245 on: March 24, 2020, 05:18:13 pm »
What point?  I posted a simple, entirely factual and I hoped helpful distinction between two things.  But you kept going on and on and on.  And are now calling me names.  Great work there, defender of the internet against factual information! 
Again, are you speaking as a skin products enthusiast or as an English teacher?

• oglop
  • The Legend

• August 25, 2011, 07:24:54 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #246 on: March 24, 2020, 06:24:45 pm »
guys, you are arguing about loofahs. is there anything waygook.org members won't argue about?

• kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #247 on: March 24, 2020, 08:37:07 pm »
Oh come on. Biggest load of bollocks I've ever read

Say what???  :huh:
     As we all know, the Romans were the absolute pinnacle of science, culture, and philosophy. Basically, if it were good enough for Julius and his mates, we could rest assured that it'd be good enough for the rest of us plebs too.

That said, the Romans used urine to whiten their teeth, bleach their clothing (togas, btw, are awesome.), grow amazingly juicy fruit, and tanning. Heck, they even poured it down the noses of their livestock to cure them of... well... everything. Also, when you let urine sit out and, er, stew for a bit, it breaks down into ammonia, which we've been using for thousands of years to clean stuff with. Including the occasional scalpel or two.

So there you have it: piss is magical.
   Argue if you like, but then you'd be arguing with the Romans, and then waygook user SQPR (to borrow one of Cowboyundershirt's favourite phrases) would have words with you.

Also, they used dog poop for many of those things as well, so Mr. DeMartino should shut up too.  :smiley:

https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/76994/6-practical-ways-romans-used-human-urine-and-feces-daily-life
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 09:06:04 pm by kyndo »

« Reply #248 on: March 24, 2020, 09:54:29 pm »
Well you can distill nitre from urine and thus make gunpowder...