Read 858 times

Hello,

I am planning to come back to Korea. I've recently had one recruiter for Korea who mentioned that if we lived in another country for 6 months or more, we have to obtain an additional CRC from that on top of our passport countries CRC. Even though the other recruiters I asked told that it's not required. I also called immigration and they couldn't give me a straight answer.

So I lived in China from September 2014 to June 2015. And getting my CRC from that country is just pretty much out of the question. Even asked my uncle who lives there and he wasn't able to do much after asking. Also Im in Australia since February 2018. And based on what I have found out, it could take at least 15+ working days which isn't enough time. Also, I am an American passport holder and got my degree and education all in USA.

Has anyone , who have taught or worked abroad in another country for 6+ month prior to Korea, recently had to do this? And does anyone have any information on this rule?

• KimDuHan
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• January 15, 2015, 11:48:59 am
    • Seoul
Re: Another CRC from another country we lived for 6+ months for E2 visa?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2018, 03:23:25 am »
Yes you have to provide it!

If you fail to provide the criminal record check your visa will be denied or you could get in an extreme case jailed if you obtain a visa and leave out your previous residence.

This is why you should always remember your actions have consequences. Living in China for over 6 months basically disqualifies you from a lot of jobs that require record checks

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2018, 05:30:44 am »
That's interesting to know. I know an American friend currently in Korea who lived in China previously. He was not required to provide the CRC from China. He only had to get his CRC, apostilled diploma from the states, which is what I got.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 05:34:12 am by petehsiung »

• KimDuHan
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• January 15, 2015, 11:48:59 am
    • Seoul
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2018, 07:41:02 am »
That's interesting to know. I know an American friend currently in Korea who lived in China previously. He was not required to provide the CRC from China. He only had to get his CRC, apostilled diploma from the states, which is what I got.

While he is playing with fire. He can be fired anytime and can get burned a couple of pay checks. If he fights it his boss will report him to immigration.

• hamid62
  • Adventurer

• December 19, 2016, 02:17:24 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2018, 12:08:49 pm »
Since when is this a requirement? It wasn't required two years ago.

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2019, 09:31:46 pm »
  This could exclude a whole lot of people. However, my friend who worked in Saudi Arabia, said that he did not have to give a criminal record check from that country when he returned to South Korea. The reason: Saudi Arabia does not provide them.

• Cyanea
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 04, 2016, 01:48:24 pm
    • Las Vegas
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2019, 10:39:14 pm »
Yes you have to provide it!

If you fail to provide the criminal record check your visa will be denied or you could get in an extreme case jailed if you obtain a visa and leave out your previous residence.

Nonsense.. stop your scare mongering/ attention seeking.

Show us proof that this is actually an immigration requirement or shut up.
Catch my drift?

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2019, 08:11:03 am »
Kim Du Han is talking nonsense. This isn't required. Some recruiters (and maybe the immigration office) will tell you to get a CRC to avoid any possible complications or confusion down the road, but it's only a requirement for the country of your citizenship.

• fishead
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• April 23, 2010, 07:58:05 am
    • Yangju Korea
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2019, 10:45:56 am »
Kim Du Han is talking nonsense. This isn't required. Some recruiters (and maybe the immigration office) will tell you to get a CRC to avoid any possible complications or confusion down the road, but it's only a requirement for the country of your citizenship.

I can confirm this is nonsence. I spent two years in China and I was never asked for.