Read 2677 times

• T.J.
  • Veteran

• June 09, 2011, 11:07:16 am
    • 서울 은평구 연신내
Re: NFL
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2018, 06:01:30 pm »
MBC플러스2 is carrying NFL games this year, much to my surprise. I know they are airing the Monday and Thursday night games with a three-hour delay, ut the Sunday night game was live and they appear to be showing repeats of some games with the commercials cut down so it is only a two-hour game.

A lot of explaining the game, how it's played and what the rules are during the breaks. Looks like they are trying to generate some interest in the market. Hope they expand their coverage.
"An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."

"Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock."

-Will Rogers

• carter1l
  • Adventurer

• June 08, 2018, 01:00:24 pm
    • Geoje
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2018, 12:28:46 pm »
PATTY HOMES FOR MVP

« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2018, 01:59:24 pm »
  Not here to argue about the NFL - if that's your preferred football code, no problem.

In terms of Grid Iron football, however, I prefer the CFL game. If I've posted this in this thread in error, I apologize and will make a CFL thread if necessary...

Go ESKS!

• VanIslander
  • Moderator LVL 1

• June 02, 2011, 10:12:19 am
    • Seogwipo, Jeju Island
    more
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2018, 11:00:55 pm »
Google 'live tv' and the very first site gives me all the live World Cup soccer, major tourney tennis, NHL and NFL games I want free and streamed with just a few clicks.

Mahomes I happened to catch in week one and hadnt realized he was a rookie, that he set NCAA records for yards per game, and that he was a highly touted MLB pitcher prospect who was drafted by a major league team, but his commitment to playing college ball hurt his draft position. He excelled in football and now he's putting together one of the greatest NFL rookie quarterback seasons ever. *knock on wood* It's only four weeks in and the Jags today have a great defense, are as balanced as any team and a true litmus test.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 11:03:14 pm by VanIslander »

• sh9wntm
  • Veteran

• February 23, 2018, 03:23:39 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2018, 03:19:53 pm »
Google 'live tv' and the very first site gives me all the live World Cup soccer, major tourney tennis, NHL and NFL games I want free and streamed with just a few clicks.

Mahomes I happened to catch in week one and hadnt realized he was a rookie, that he set NCAA records for yards per game, and that he was a highly touted MLB pitcher prospect who was drafted by a major league team, but his commitment to playing college ball hurt his draft position. He excelled in football and now he's putting together one of the greatest NFL rookie quarterback seasons ever. *knock on wood* It's only four weeks in and the Jags today have a great defense, are as balanced as any team and a true litmus test.

This is Mahomes 2nd year. He was behind Alex Smith last year.

• Hodor314
  • Adventurer

• January 28, 2017, 01:11:51 pm
    • SK
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2018, 11:32:19 am »
This is my first year in Korea and everything was going great until now when I realized that its going to be extremely hard to watch football live. I'm an absolute die hard football fan (GO GIANTS). What did everyone think of week one?

Go Patriots.

Patriots SUCK.

« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2018, 04:46:20 am »
Whatís weirder is i saw an nfl kids shop at my local homeplus

canít imagine the nfl being that popular already

• carter1l
  • Adventurer

• Geoje
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2018, 07:57:40 am »
Whatís weirder is i saw an nfl kids shop at my local homeplus

canít imagine the nfl being that popular already

wow really? I mean I've seen sandals with NFL logos on it but other than that not a thing. I get asked a lot by my co workers and students what my favourite sport is and usually they've never even heard of "american football."

« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2018, 12:45:45 pm »
What a game!!!

• carter1l
  • Adventurer

• Geoje
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2018, 01:19:13 pm »
What a game!!!

105 total points  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: what an absolute thriller

• Mister Tim
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 08, 2013, 10:33:54 am
    • SK
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2019, 01:28:27 pm »
Welp, Bears are out. Gonna have a hard time forcing myself to care about the rest of the postseason now. I'm half tempted to root for the Chargers, since I lived in SD for a bit back in the day, but if the team ownership felt so unattached to SD that they chose to relocate to LA, I figure they don't really need my loyalty.

F*ck it, maybe I'll just cheer for the Cowboys.

Of course, now that I've said that, they'll lose their next game...

« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2019, 04:01:32 pm »
Welp, Bears are out. Gonna have a hard time forcing myself to care about the rest of the postseason now. I'm half tempted to root for the Chargers, since I lived in SD for a bit back in the day, but if the team ownership felt so unattached to SD that they chose to relocate to LA, I figure they don't really need my loyalty.

hopefully!

• VanIslander
  • Moderator LVL 1

• June 02, 2011, 10:12:19 am
    • Seogwipo, Jeju Island
    more
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2019, 07:54:24 pm »
I watched every wildcard game this weekend at 'live tv' and every team I cheered for lost. :(  (though I like Philly a bit)

I am rooting for the Kansas City Chiefs.

I asked Santa for: no L.A. team in Atlanta! Hope he got the message.

• carter1l
  • Adventurer

• Geoje
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2019, 11:31:06 am »

Yeah, I was super disappointed that the Bears lost! I'm a die hard Giants fan so seeing the Eagles and Cowboys won really ruined my weekend ahahaha! Would love a Chiefs vs Rams/Saints superbowl!

• T.J.
  • Veteran

• June 09, 2011, 11:07:16 am
    • 서울 은평구 연신내
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2019, 11:47:53 am »
Yeah, I was super disappointed that the Bears lost! I'm a die hard Giants fan so seeing the Eagles and Cowboys won really ruined my weekend ahahaha! Would love a Chiefs vs Rams/Saints superbowl!

Lifelong Cowboy fan here. I've always taken a different approach post season. If my Cowboys are out I always root for whatever NFC East team is remaining. Always felt that if my team is going to be beaten then it's better to be beaten by the Superbowl champs than to be beaten by some team that gets knocked out in the first week. So while I hate the Eagles, I was glad that they won last year.
"An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."

"Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock."

-Will Rogers

• carter1l
  • Adventurer

• Geoje
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2019, 12:05:08 pm »

Lifelong Cowboy fan here. I've always taken a different approach post season. If my Cowboys are out I always root for whatever NFC East team is remaining. Always felt that if my team is going to be beaten then it's better to be beaten by the Superbowl champs than to be beaten by some team that gets knocked out in the first week. So while I hate the Eagles, I was glad that they won last year.

I get that and would definitely get on board, but with the way my Giants played this year, I don't think I could get away with that ahahah. 

• DaStrongOne
  • Moderator LVL 1

• December 01, 2015, 08:59:17 pm
    • Thailand
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2019, 12:41:57 pm »

Lifelong Eagles fan here. Only way I could cheer for another NFC East team was if they were massive underdogs. Like the Giants against the Patriots

« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2019, 12:52:31 pm »
I think most fans of non-playoff teams either want a Rams-Chiefs redux or if not those teams, then either the Chargers (get Rivers a ring) or the Saints.

No Pats. Eagles...fun only to see what Philly fans get up to. Cowboys...they bring hype and spectacle but this isn't the same level of Cowboys teams of yore. The Colts? Pass.

• carter1l
  • Adventurer

• Geoje
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2019, 01:04:45 pm »
I think most fans of non-playoff teams either want a Rams-Chiefs redux or if not those teams, then either the Chargers (get Rivers a ring) or the Saints.

No Pats. Eagles...fun only to see what Philly fans get up to. Cowboys...they bring hype and spectacle but this isn't the same level of Cowboys teams of yore. The Colts? Pass.

I would actually love to see the Colts take it. Luck's having a great year and to bounce back from injury and deliver a super bowl would be amazing. Colts/Chiefs vs Rams/Saints

« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2019, 01:21:31 pm »
i want to see rivers get a ring.  i'll take a chargers vs saints matchup.  i would consider them the best teams in the playoffs.  offense and defense has been pretty good for both of them.