Read 3011 times

• Savant
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• April 07, 2012, 11:35:31 pm
Re: Why do Koreans always jump out of their skin?
« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2018, 10:04:12 am »
To be fair, the Korean Jumping in Fright thing has been brought up on here a bunch of times. I remember posting in a thread about it. I've also  heard people bring it up in real life too.

It's hilarious watching them when a stray pigeon comes into their path.

• CO2
  • The Legend

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Gunpo
    more
« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2018, 10:05:49 am »
Me: Hey, Brad.
Brad: Hey, what's up, man?

Me: Hey, Soojin.
Soojin: *walking and looking at her feet*  YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA *clutches heart and breathes heavily*
The joys of fauxtherhood

• OnNut81
  • Expert Waygook

• April 01, 2011, 03:01:41 pm
    • Anyang
« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2018, 10:37:43 am »
DeMartino:This on the other hand just popped up, started by a source of dubious impartiality and certain tendencies, lacks data, has a behavior of the type you wouldnt think to remember a lot back home.

This just popped up on HERE.  It's indicative of your worldview along with your mind boggling posting rate that you consider that something that hasn't been posted on waygook is not a regular occurrence.  Someone just brought it up as a post for the first time. Koreans being overly startled is a commonly observed trait.  I never gave much thought as to why, although I think the reaction to pigeons from women is a faux damsel in distress cry for attention.  The munters are the real over the top ones. 

« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2018, 11:52:55 am »

To be fair, a lot of these pigeons are like people. Sometimes they won't move, and they stare me down like they're about to **** me up.

• Aristocrat
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• November 10, 2014, 01:04:27 pm
« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2018, 12:08:06 pm »

To be fair, a lot of these pigeons are like people. Sometimes they won't move, and they stare me down like they're about to **** me up.

Saw this many times, it's baffling how they walk around it like it's going to bite them.

• MoneyMike
  • Super Waygook

• November 22, 2009, 03:45:15 pm
    • Gwangju, South Korea
« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2018, 01:33:08 pm »
I've definitely noticed Koreans seem to be startled more often than most other places I've been.

Pigeon wanders in front of you? Aiiiiiiiiii

See a small dog nearby? Aiiiiiiiii

Somebody brushes past you when you weren't expecting it? Kapchaka

I'd always just assumed it had something to do with the overacting on every Korean drama and variety show. When you grow up watching people react in an exaggerated manner to almost everything, some people will naturally act like that too.

• CypherSoul
  • Veteran

• May 02, 2018, 07:51:18 am
    • Daegu, South Korea
    more
« Reply #46 on: September 10, 2018, 07:52:15 am »
I'd always just assumed it had something to do with the overacting on every Korean drama and variety show. When you grow up watching people react in an exaggerated manner to almost everything, some people will naturally act like that too.

Then do Indian people pop out with a song and dance number because they grew up watching Bollywood movies?  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Slay My Life! Walk boo boo walk! Cat Walk for me boo boo! This isn't cat walking, this is a hyena walking! Lion walking! Tiger walking! Leopard walking! Enter my Queen!

• Aristocrat
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• November 10, 2014, 01:04:27 pm
« Reply #47 on: September 10, 2018, 11:32:55 am »

Then do Indian people pop out with a song and dance number because they grew up watching Bollywood movies?  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

It's actually a good point and there's been argued to be a strong correlation between poorly educated Indian guys' attitude towards women and the shitty, low-budget action flicks they binge watch of guys stopping bullets with their testes.

« Reply #48 on: February 04, 2019, 06:19:39 pm »
I am guessing you know all 51 million Koreans??  ;D ;D ;D ;D

« Reply #49 on: February 05, 2019, 11:42:02 pm »
ㅄ 십돼지 휜둥이 새끼 뭐래  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: