Read 445 times

• Kolao
  • Veteran

• July 04, 2017, 05:11:57 pm
    • South of Snow
Good Korean Food
« on: August 27, 2018, 05:07:08 pm »
I am no fan of Korean cuisine. After several years of living there and eating in very many restaurants throughout that time, I found Korean food to be repetitive, bland, boring, lacking flavours, unimaginative and generally of poor quality.

That is until I found this gem of a restaurant where I live. My wife and I were served by impeccably professional staff who all spoke nearly flawless English and were extremely friendly. We asked questions about various dishes and their descriptions were about the freshness of the ingredients, where they came from, specific spices in various dishes, where the chef was trained and how they endeavoured to use organic produce aas much as possible. Impressive is the only word to use. Every single bite of every single dish was superb. I'm a foodie and toss around the word delicious judiciously. That food was delicious.

The huge benefit was the fact that all the profit goes straight back to the DPRK. I like that. Also, there was a rocking and rolling all female band hammering out great tunes.

We'll be back!
When the wicked are confounded, and consigned to flames of woe, call me.

• CO2
  • The Legend

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Gunpo
    more
Re: Good Korean Food
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2018, 07:42:28 pm »
The huge benefit was the fact that all the profit goes straight back to the DPRK. I like that. Also, there was a rocking and rolling all female band hammering out great tunes.

We'll be back!

The joys of fauxtherhood

• ESLTurtle
  • Super Waygook

• October 25, 2017, 07:58:46 pm
    • South Korea
Re: Good Korean Food
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2018, 07:54:24 pm »
Great read.  8)