Read 6819 times

• kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
Re: NYT hires Korean-born journalist despite history of racist tweeting
« Reply #100 on: August 14, 2018, 10:39:45 am »

It's a bit of a tragedy: immigration is now sending border detainees to federal prison, despite that illegal entry is a misdemeanor rather than a felony. Considering that federal prisons are reserved for dangerous offenders, this doesn't seem like a punishment that properly fits the crime.
    Gotta provide fodder to the American prison industry!
Thatís bogus.  Stick to saying what you know

ď29 percent of aliens in BOP custody have committed immigration offenses such as illegal reentry after removal.

most of the aliens are incarcerated because of other federal crimes they committed. According to the report, 46 percent of these aliens committed drug trafficking or other drug-related offenses, which was the largest crime category committed by aliens in BOP custody. The remaining 25 percent committed a variety of other criminal offenses, including fraud, weapons charges, racketeering, and sexual crimes. ď
Not bogus at all.
This article clearly states that those entering the States illegally can be incarcerated.
This article states that recently 1,600 migrants were imprisoned for nothing more than illegal entry.

A bit scary, no?

« Reply #101 on: August 14, 2018, 10:45:09 am »
By Trump standards at least, I am rather "moderate" on immigration in that I think there should be a path to Permanent Residency for kids who came here under the age of say, 16. Military service, regardless of status, gets you automatic citizenship upon honorable discharge. Long-term illegal workers and residents should get a path to residency (but NOT citizenship). As gogators! pointed out- they're paying taxes and doing labor (in many cases they are, but those who are freeloading though should be sent back). I do disagree that all of them are paying income taxes, but that's just more of a reason for a path to residency and legal work- get them paying income taxes. 

However, I do think there should be limits on chain migration, and that the number of immigrants we let in should be tied to the unemployment rate combined with demand for relevant industries, and there should be strict border security and people who cross illegally should be deported. I also think we have to beef up steps to prevent child smuggling. If families crossing do not have documentation that proves who they are, then yes, child separation should take place pending a DNA test (although this process should be expedited so that separation time is minimal). Yes we should take in refugees, regardless of country of origin, BUT we should have strict caps on the number we take in and prioritize the Western Hemisphere (or our long-term allies should such an unlikely even occur). Also, I do think that people applying for refugee/immigration status from countries that are hostile and/or have destabilized governments should be under a far stricter standard.

I just can't stand the people who have extreme arguments either way on this. In certain situations we MIGHT have to get extreme either way- say there was a sudden mass need for labor OR there was a mass rush of our border. But that's not our situation.

Really, the best solution to all of this is the continued economic development of the Western Hemisphere. THAT is what makes things sustainable.

• JNM
  • The Legend

• January 19, 2015, 10:16:48 am
    • Seoul, South Korea
« Reply #102 on: August 14, 2018, 10:46:09 am »

It's a bit of a tragedy: immigration is now sending border detainees to federal prison, despite that illegal entry is a misdemeanor rather than a felony. Considering that federal prisons are reserved for dangerous offenders, this doesn't seem like a punishment that properly fits the crime.

ď29 percent of aliens in BOP custody have committed immigration offenses such as illegal reentry after removal.

most of the aliens are incarcerated because of other federal crimes they committed. According to the report, 46 percent of these aliens committed drug trafficking or other drug-related offenses, which was the largest crime category committed by aliens in BOP custody. The remaining 25 percent committed a variety of other criminal offenses, including fraud, weapons charges, racketeering, and sexual crimes. ď
Not bogus at all.
This article clearly states that those entering the States illegally can be incarcerated.
This article states that recently 1,600 migrants were imprisoned for nothing more than illegal entry.

A bit scary, no?

Name a country that does not have this provision.

• kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #103 on: August 14, 2018, 11:32:30 am »

Not bogus at all.

A bit scary, no?

Korea, to start with.
Insofar as I know, if you overstay your visa, they just deport you.
The second article I linked states that the zero tolerance policy will apply to all kinds of immigration irregularities. Overstaying a visa technically turns a person into an illegal immigrant. In the near future, one might end up in a Federal prison for doing so.  :huh:
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 11:34:02 am by kyndo »

• JNM
  • The Legend

• Seoul, South Korea
« Reply #104 on: August 14, 2018, 01:19:13 pm »

Not bogus at all.

A bit scary, no?

Korea, to start with.
Insofar as I know, if you overstay your visa, they just deport you.
The second article I linked states that the zero tolerance policy will apply to all kinds of immigration irregularities. Overstaying a visa technically turns a person into an illegal immigrant. In the near future, one might end up in a Federal prison for doing so.  :huh:

Korea usually deports people, but they have the provision to incarcerate.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 03:06:00 pm by JNM »

• kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #105 on: August 14, 2018, 01:32:30 pm »
  Overstaying a visa in Korea results in prison only if you can't pay the required fine, and only until one pays the fine.
    But whatever the case is, it isn't the Korean government's first reaction to an overstayed visa.

What I find concerning is that the current American administration is choosing to incarcerate rather than deport.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 01:39:42 pm by kyndo »

• Chester Jim
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 05, 2015, 02:17:12 pm
    • Arkansas
    more
« Reply #106 on: August 24, 2018, 09:59:19 am »
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kYoSldOwNoI

Illegal aliens actually commit a lot more crime than citizens
Bonzai!

« Reply #107 on: August 24, 2018, 10:47:25 am »
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kYoSldOwNoI

Illegal aliens actually commit a lot more crime than citizens

https://www.cato.org/blog/fatal-flaw-john-r-lott-jrs-study-illegal-immigrant-crime-arizona

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2018/03/21/questions-raised-about-a-study-that-links-undocumented-immigrants-to-higher-crime/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.03a14f5a37d7

No. That study is highly contested. To link a Fox News clip with a brief interview that claims there is "overwhelming evidence" is disingenuous.

Also, "this is what he does, he's a scholar" ...lol. I'm sure the people who watch Fox News eat that right up, along with the fear-mongering "Americans are being slaughtered," line. Thanks for this though, Jimbo. Really great example of how much silliness can be fit into 1 minute on Fox.

« Reply #108 on: August 24, 2018, 10:50:34 am »
One can be for the wall, against mass uncontrolled illegal immigration, support deportation for certain individuals, AND still be pro-legal immigration, favor amnesty for some individuals, and also recognize that we can take in reasonable numbers of refugees.

• JNM
  • The Legend

• Seoul, South Korea
« Reply #109 on: August 24, 2018, 11:15:59 am »
One can be for the wall, against mass uncontrolled illegal immigration, support deportation for certain individuals, AND still be pro-legal immigration, favor amnesty for some individuals, and also recognize that we can take in reasonable numbers of refugees.
But reasoned, nuanced positions don't make for good outage or the click$ that follow.

« Reply #110 on: August 24, 2018, 02:26:58 pm »
Holy shit, did anyone actually read this recent insanity from Jimbo? I missed it the first time round.

I think in one year 70 percent of the births in Stockton were from immigrants, thatís not free.

My hometown! So what year was this - 1850? Where did you get this information?

73.98% of Stockton residents were born in the United States, with 61.96% having been born in California. 13.67% of residents are not US citizens. Of those not born in the United States, the largest percentage are from Latin America.

http://worldpopulationreview.com/us-cities/stockton-population/ (Sources are listed at the bottom of the page)

Over 50 percent of legal immigrants are on the dole.

Please, please tell me where you got this nugget from. Michael Savage? Tucker Carlson? Q?

Because the Bureau of Labor Statistics might take issue with this figure.

The unemployment rate for foreign-born persons in the United States was 4.1 percent in 2017, down
from 4.3 percent in 2016, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported today. The jobless rate of nativeborn
persons was 4.4 percent in 2017, down from 5.0 percent in 2016.

https://www.bls.gov/news.release/archives/forbrn_05172018.pdf

Itís not a path.  Itís amnesty, just giving them citizenship.  They wonít have to do anything, just like the 80s amnesty.

Ah, cool, sounds easy. Why are people wasting their breath talking about all this DACA stuff then?

https://citizenpath.com/what-happens-after-filing-i-821d-daca-application/

Yes asylums are almost all frauds.

New asylum applications registered during the first half of 2015
1   Germany   159,900
2   Russian Federation   100,000
3   United States of America   78,200
4   Hungary   65,400
5   Turkey   43,600
6   South Africa   37,800
7   Serbia and Kosovo   37,400
8   Italy   30,100
9   France   29,800

Just the ones applying to the US or all these other countries, too?

They are coached by organizations about what to say.

That's a lot of coaching going on, in a lot of different languages. Can you tell us more about these organizations? What kind of return do they reap on this investment?

Over 90 percent get accepted.

Source?

No one in the us is going to check if a Nigerian is being harassed because of his religion.

Please walk us through what happens to an asylum application, then, since you seem to be the expert. I'm very interested to know.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 03:19:44 pm by Andyman »

• Chester Jim
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• Arkansas
    more
« Reply #111 on: August 24, 2018, 04:41:18 pm »
Holy shit, did anyone actually read this recent insanity from Jimbo? I missed it the first time round.

I think in one year 70 percent of the births in Stockton were from immigrants, thatís not free.

My hometown! So what year was this - 1850? Where did you get this information?

73.98% of Stockton residents were born in the United States, with 61.96% having been born in California. 13.67% of residents are not US citizens. Of those not born in the United States, the largest percentage are from Latin America.

http://worldpopulationreview.com/us-cities/stockton-population/ (Sources are listed at the bottom of the page)

Over 50 percent of legal immigrants are on the dole.

Please, please tell me where you got this nugget from. Michael Savage? Tucker Carlson? Q?

Because the Bureau of Labor Statistics might take issue with this figure.

The unemployment rate for foreign-born persons in the United States was 4.1 percent in 2017, down
from 4.3 percent in 2016, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported today. The jobless rate of nativeborn
persons was 4.4 percent in 2017, down from 5.0 percent in 2016.

https://www.bls.gov/news.release/archives/forbrn_05172018.pdf

Itís not a path.  Itís amnesty, just giving them citizenship.  They wonít have to do anything, just like the 80s amnesty.

Ah, cool, sounds easy. Why are people wasting their breath talking about all this DACA stuff then?

https://citizenpath.com/what-happens-after-filing-i-821d-daca-application/

Yes asylums are almost all frauds.

New asylum applications registered during the first half of 2015
1   Germany   159,900
2   Russian Federation   100,000
3   United States of America   78,200
4   Hungary   65,400
5   Turkey   43,600
6   South Africa   37,800
7   Serbia and Kosovo   37,400
8   Italy   30,100
9   France   29,800

Just the ones applying to the US or all these other countries, too?

They are coached by organizations about what to say.

That's a lot of coaching going on, in a lot of different languages. Can you tell us more about these organizations? What kind of return do they reap on this investment?

Over 90 percent get accepted.

Source?

No one in the us is going to check if a Nigerian is being harassed because of his religion.

Please walk us through what happens to an asylum application, then, since you seem to be the expert. I'm very interested to know.
You sound like you might be from Stockton . I mean you write like Nate Diaz speaks, on methadone.

ďIn 2003 in Stockton, California, 70 percent of the 2,300 babies born in San Joaquin General Hospitalís maternity ward were anchor babies,
https://www.nationalreview.com/2015/08/birthright-citizenship-economic-costs-incentives/

So you are denying that their are many organizations set up to help immigrants even illegals, and coach them about what to do and say, they are gaming the system.
You really donít know anything.  Hereís one story of thousands. 
http://dailycaller.com/2018/04/25/lawyers-coach-illegal-immigrant-caravan/
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 04:46:33 pm by Chester Jim »
Bonzai!

« Reply #112 on: August 24, 2018, 07:54:11 pm »
So... Is it really gonna fall on me to explain the difference between a city of 300,000 people and a county hospital within the city limits? Is that where we've come? "I'm going to stick to my anti-immigration position so fiercely that I refuse to acknowledge the difference between a city and a hospital."

Okay, then. If that's the case, then I think it's probably futile to try and point out that "anchor baby" isn't a category that anyone ticks on a hospital form, making that claim highly dubious. But in the interests of due diligence, I checked out the original source, which you can find here:

http://www.jpands.org/vol10no1/cosman.pdf

Something about the tone struck me as odd right away, and then when I saw Phyllis Schlafly cited in the reference section, I knew something was up. And whaddya know? It's partisan propaganda masquerading as a serious scientific journal.

From Wikipedia:

The Association of American Physicians and Surgeons (AAPS) is a politically conservative non-profit association founded in 1943 to "fight socialized medicine and to fight the government takeover of medicine."

The association is generally recognized as politically conservative or ultra-conservative, and its publication advocates a range of scientifically discredited hypotheses, including the belief that HIV does not cause AIDS, that being gay reduces life expectancy, that there is a link between abortion and breast cancer, and that there is a causal relationship between vaccines and autism.

Think that's a Wikipedia hit job? More evidence of Big Tech sabotaging innocent conservatives?

Let them tell it in their own words...
http://www.aapsonline.org/jpandspress.htm

Anyway, the author of the "journal" article cites this as the source of her "anchor baby" claim: https://www.wsj.com/articles/SB106574684985644800

I can't find the "70% anchor baby" statistic anywhere. So you've got a charlatan pseudo-academic erroneously citing sources to make fabricated claims, presumably because she knows that their veracity will never be checked. Then this claim gets recycled in the National Review as if it comes from a credible source, and finally we get Chester Jim repeating it on Waygook (albeit under the confused premise that San Joaquin General Hospital and The City of Stockton are one and the same). Had it been on Breitbart he would've got hundreds of people liking it, with a portion spreading the BS further. A perfect case study in how misinformation works.

So you are denying that their are many organizations set up to help immigrants even illegals, and coach them about what to do and say, they are gaming the system.
You really donít know anything.  Hereís one story of thousands. 
http://dailycaller.com/2018/04/25/lawyers-coach-illegal-immigrant-caravan/

You chose a bad example from the "thousands" available. That article says that some lawyers and religious groups planned to go to the border to assist some of the people in the Central American caravan. That doesn't prove that, to quote you, "asylums [sic] are almost all frauds" and that 90% of claims are successful. Using the most recent asylum data available, China accounted for the greatest number of successful grants (about 36%) of the total. Over the last decade, the US has accepted more refugees from Myanmar than any other country. Nobody going to meet them at the Mexican border.

And the total acceptance rate is about 48%, not 90%.

https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/which-countries-do-most-people-granted-asylum-the-us-come-from.html

I'm genuinely fascinated by where you get your information. Like, you'd have to work really hard to find this 90% statistic, unless you just pulled it from some typed-out-on-the-phone-while-sitting-on-the-crapper user comment on Foxnews.com. Whereas you can just use Google and get credible information. 

• Chester Jim
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• Arkansas
    more
« Reply #113 on: August 25, 2018, 10:01:41 am »
I will find many many cases of illegal immigrants being coached and rampant fraud, if this is the hill you are willing to die defending.     But Iím guessing you will just deflect.

Iím going to say that 70 percent of births  in one of only a few hospitals  in a small city of only 300,000 would raise eyebrows in a normal human being, but since you are a radical, your ideas are set, i.e anger at how we handle immigration is somehow racist.   

What is it?  The fact that 70 percent of births is not significant, or itís not true because people who published it?  Make up your mind. 

Next your going to tell me that 700,000 illegal immigrants donít have California drivers licenses.   
You should just just say this
ď whether or not illegal immigrants flood into the us matters little to me,  I dont like the usĒ

Obviously they are not going to click anchor baby on a form at the hospital.   The hospital canít ask, but donít you think not having birth certificates and social security numbers are good clues.

ďNearly one-third of Bethesda Hospital Eastís 2,900 births each year are paid for by Emergency Medicaid, the category that covers mainly illegal immigrant.Ē

If I move to japan with my white wife and we have a baby in japan,  should I expect that my son will be Japanese.  And that the Japanese will pay for my medical care.   Would I say that Japanese are evil if they deport me ?

« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 10:36:40 am by Chester Jim »
Bonzai!

« Reply #114 on: August 25, 2018, 04:09:39 pm »
What is it?  The fact that 70 percent of births is not significant, or itís not true because people who published it?  Make up your mind.

Mind made up. Your "70% of births" is not an accurate statistic. Your first source quotes a sketchy "research" paper, which in turn cites a WSJ article as the source of this information. That information is, in fact, absent from the WSJ article. You can check for yourself. Furthermore, you began this claim with "immigrants", then changed it "anchor babies", and now seem to have pivoted to "illegal immigrants". These terms are not interchangeable. If you don't understand the distinction, and why it matters, you've lost the argument.

If I move to japan with my white wife and we have a baby in japan,  should I expect that my son will be Japanese.

Japan is not one of the 36 countries that offers unrestricted birthright citizenship, so no. Lobby to change the 14th Amendment of the US Constitution if you don't like the jus soli principle, rather than recycling fake statistics.

And that the Japanese will pay for my medical care.

Depends on the circumstances of your presence in Japan.

Would I say that Japanese are evil if they deport me ?

If they deported you for having a baby, that would be pretty evil.

« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 04:36:50 pm by Andyman »

• VanIslander
  • Moderator LVL 1

• June 02, 2011, 10:12:19 am
    • Seogwipo, Jeju Island
    more
« Reply #115 on: August 25, 2018, 04:39:24 pm »
Counter-trolling?

Trolling the opposite message as sarcasm or wry humor depends on the source and the context: she fails on both counts.

• CDW
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• June 15, 2011, 01:22:09 pm
    • Banned
« Reply #116 on: August 26, 2018, 07:43:12 am »
"Can Twitter Inc. lawfully block racistsí accounts? Thatís the question posed in a lawsuit filed last week by Jared Taylor and his New Century Foundation....

"The case goes to the very nature of speech on social media platforms. Taylorís lawyers are arguing that Twitter is a virtual public square in which the First Amendment should apply."
https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2018-02-26/white-nationalist-s-lawsuit-is-wrong-twitter-can-ban-racists

Whether or not Taylor's lawsuit succeeds his case is evidence of a double standard. Sarah Jeong had been tweeting racist content for years but was never banned. In fact, Twitter recently issued her a verification badge which implies approval.

• gogators!
  • The Legend

• March 16, 2016, 04:35:48 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #117 on: August 27, 2018, 05:38:51 am »
"Can Twitter Inc. lawfully block racistsí accounts? Thatís the question posed in a lawsuit filed last week by Jared Taylor and his New Century Foundation....

"The case goes to the very nature of speech on social media platforms. Taylorís lawyers are arguing that Twitter is a virtual public square in which the First Amendment should apply."
https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2018-02-26/white-nationalist-s-lawsuit-is-wrong-twitter-can-ban-racists

Whether or not Taylor's lawsuit succeeds his case is evidence of a double standard. Sarah Jeong had been tweeting racist content for years but was never banned. In fact, Twitter recently issued her a verification badge which implies approval.
Pork--the other white meat. You sure squeal like a stuck pig.

• CDW
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• June 15, 2011, 01:22:09 pm
    • Banned
« Reply #118 on: August 30, 2018, 10:15:17 pm »
Fox News guest on Sarah Jeong:

"I don't know if this lady is Chinese, Japanese or crazy-nese.... There is something wrong with them fortune cookies that Ling Ling's eating."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIviWbfEBHM

But he's black so he can't be racist, LOL.

« Reply #119 on: August 30, 2018, 11:39:25 pm »
Fox News guest on Sarah Jeong:

"I don't know if this lady is Chinese, Japanese or crazy-nese.... There is something wrong with them fortune cookies that Ling Ling's eating."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIviWbfEBHM

But he's black so he can't be racist, LOL.

The Future of comedy. Only 'marginalized' groups will be allowed to take the piss out of other 'marginalized' groups. Straight, white males will have to stick to Donald Trump or lose their jobs.